Conference representation:

ACC 4
SEC 4
PAC 3
B10 3
BEast 2
B12 ZERO!!!!

ACC and SEC got 3 host seeds and still got 4 through

There are 4 teams seeded 5-9 still alive, 3 of the 4 are in Iowa's bracket. If they don't get to the FF this year, they probably never will.

Nice to see some upsets although tough to root for Miami in anything, that’s pay to play city!

The transfer portal has to be the great equalizer. Good players who would not play a lot on super powers go to other schools to star. Its great to see upsets. Would havee liked our chances against N. Carolina if they called travelling on that final St. John's play.

The transfer portal has to be the great equalizer. Good players who would not play a lot on super powers go to other schools to star. Its great to see upsets. Would havee liked our chances against N. Carolina if they called travelling on that final St. John's play.
So far the p;ortal has gone the opposite way, kids moving up to higher profile teams once they establish they can play. The few elite level kids that have utilized the portal have gone to the great teams/coaches. LSU getting Angel as an example. IU getting Parrish. S.Car picked up a really great kid or two also if I remember. The portal will not help the midmajors compete, it will only make it harder for them to keep good players as the top 25 will now concentrate even more of the elite talent as they will be the only ones playing into the Elite 8 and higher.

Reactions: DocRon
So far the p;ortal has gone the opposite way, kids moving up to higher profile teams once they establish they can play. The few elite level kids that have utilized the portal have gone to the great teams/coaches. LSU getting Angel as an example. IU getting Parrish. S.Car picked up a really great kid or two also if I remember. The portal will not help the midmajors compete, it will only make it harder for them to keep good players as the top 25 will now concentrate even more of the elite talent as they will be the only ones playing into the Elite 8 and higher.
Good point. I should have been more specific. It won't help the midmajors but give teams outside the big six or whatever number we want to use.... UConn, s. Carolina, Stanford, etc.... A chance to knock them off the perch.

Midmajors are done but teams like Purdue can get that missing piece they didn't get the first time through in recruiting. Purdue will get burned at some point with a top player leaving for the super elite but its worked in our favor so far.

Though angel to Lsu is a lateral move in my clouded and biased mind. Freese over Mulkey any day of the week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT