ADVERTISEMENT

Indinia ahead of IL

I sure hope U of I plays like this against us. They sure do not look like a top 20 team tonight. But the Looshiers will be Looshiers.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
He’s playing good actually, when he is not shooting the ball.

The Looshiers tie it up with 1:19 too play! Both these teams look like crap. If you knew nothing about this year and just watched this game you would think you were watching the bottom two team in the BiG.

Illinois looked better without TSJ. With Domask being the alpha it was ball movement and creating shots from movement. With TSJ It is fast uptempo chaos. They need to pick one or the other because it can’t be both.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Illinois looked better without TSJ. With Domask being the alpha it was ball movement and creating shots from movement. With TSJ It is fast uptempo chaos. They need to pick one or the other because it can’t be both.
It’s crazy right? Illinois gelled really quick and well with out TSJ…and he is off right now. I’m guessing they’ll adjust and be ready when we come to town 😂

Indiana was 0-9 from 3 and 12/22 from FT. Not sure what Woodson is cooking up down in Bloomington but that isn’t a recipe to win
Interesting that Gunn didn’t play… AT ALL and not saying they would have won but he at least isn’t afraid to shoot a 3. Was he being punished for his F1 vs Wisconsin? Would be a bit odd since X gets to still play with his awful playing style and antics. Also Banks didn’t play at all, although he hasn’t been great this year, but still woulda thought he would get some run. Just very odd that he didn’t have banks or gunn play in a game they only attempted 9 threes…only had 3 by half. Galloway also disappeared in the second…he was slashing in the first so, not sure underwood made adjustments (according to U of I fans he never does), but gallo was non existent.

Wonder if ware comes back at any time for the rest of the year? He’s only avg 10 in B1G play. If we were to come back, I’d assume it’d be after they come to Mackey so he doesn’t have to play against his Canadian father again.

Last edited:
Interesting that Gunn didn’t play… AT ALL and not saying they would have won but he at least isn’t afraid to shoot a 3. Was he being punished for his F1 vs Wisconsin? Would be a bit odd since X gets to still play with his awful playing style and antics. Also Banks didn’t play at all, although he hasn’t been great this year, but still woulda thought he would get some run. Just very odd that he didn’t have banks or gunn play in a game they only attempted 9 threes…only had 3 by half. Galloway also disappeared in the second…he was slashing in the first so, not sure underwood made adjustments (according to U of I fans he never does), but gallo was non existent.

Wonder if ware comes back at any time for the rest of the year? He’s only avg 10 in B1G play. If we were to come back, I’d assume it’d be after they come to Mackey so he doesn’t have to play against his Canadian father again.
Yeah it is weird that Gunn seemingly gets punished for his F2 but X, well he is trying to find himself. Can’t believe a 24yr old college basketball player is having some sort of existential crisis. Based on this, add Gunn to the list of folks entering the portal when the season ends. Reminds me of Tamar Bates who looks like a new player at Missouri after he got away from Woodson.

Random thought is Woodson won a national title without a 3pt line. Perhaps he thought he could win one as a coach without 3pt shooting. I do laugh when IU fans getting wet in the pants about McNeely and his shooting coming in next year. Seriously 1 player who shoots about 40% in high school - that is what is missing on this team 🤣

There's been plenty of angst here with coach Painter when we've gotten good athletes that can't shoot well. And vice versa. Even now fans question if Fletcher Loyer should be playing as much as he does. Usually not grasping the "pulls them out" effect that a true shooter creates for the rest of the team.
It's a fine line that everyone walks and some get right. Some of the time anyway.

Yeah it is weird that Gunn seemingly gets punished for his F2 but X, well he is trying to find himself. Can’t believe a 24yr old college basketball player is having some sort of existential crisis. Based on this, add Gunn to the list of folks entering the portal when the season ends. Reminds me of Tamar Bates who looks like a new player at Missouri after he got away from Woodson.

Random thought is Woodson won a national title without a 3pt line. Perhaps he thought he could win one as a coach without 3pt shooting. I do laugh when IU fans getting wet in the pants about McNeely and his shooting coming in next year. Seriously 1 player who shoots about 40% in high school - that is what is missing on this team 🤣
Ahh yes it was an F2!

McNeely is their only hope and if there are no other offensive threats around him, he will not shoot anywhere near 40% next year. Also wouldn’t be surprised if McNeeley goes elsewhere…Bill Self is always lingering 😂

I think what it comes down to is that Woodson is tanking for that draft pick next year.

Woodson had a great collegiate career @ Indiana - over 2,000 pts I think....overcame a serious back injury his senior year to come back to play late in the season.....don't think he was on a NCAA-title team. Ironically, his last game was against Purdue @ Rupp Arena in the NCAA tournament. IIRC.

A lot of people in Indiana missing school and work with illness. I wasn't watching the game closely and didn't notice if they were on the bench.

All players were there. Banks and Gunn were healthy did not plays.

They have both shot terribly and get lost on defense a ton; hence Leal, who at least knows where to be on the court and doesn’t turn it over

All players were there. Banks and Gunn were healthy did not plays.

They have both shot terribly and get lost on defense a ton; hence Leal, who at least knows where to be on the court and doesn’t turn it over
I understand what you’re saying. However, I think I still would have rolled with Gunn at least. Leal poses no threat on either end and domask easily scored on him and Leal had a bad turnover down the stretch. Gunn at least has the threat of hitting a shot and being somewhat athletic.

I understand what you’re saying. However, I think I still would have rolled with Gunn at least. Leal poses no threat on either end and domask easily scored on him and Leal had a bad turnover down the stretch. Gunn at least has the threat of hitting a shot and being somewhat athletic.
A constant discussion on the IU boards. Gunn is pretty much Colvin, but it’s a year later and he’s still not ‘getting it.’

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT