ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana fans who read this board

since your admin has always banned people just for asking simple questions or making any points that you “hear no evil, see no evil” people don’t like...

How you like the class with Faucheux and Sheffield added? It’s got to be pretty scary, no? Let me guess.. Brohm leaves for the ACC in January and all the recruits jump ship?

I will play. Brohm is recruiting a great class. No ifs, ands, or buts. Those kids wont see the field until 2019 and will have no bearing on what happens this season. My one opinion of this class is at the end of the recruiting cycle Brohm will recruit over some of the lower tier two star players and they will need to look elsewhere. I noticed that occurred to a few players last year.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
I will play. Brohm is recruiting a great class. No ifs, ands, or buts. Those kids wont see the field until 2019 and will have no bearing on what happens this season. My one opinion of this class is at the end of the recruiting cycle Brohm will recruit over some of the lower tier two star players and they will need to look elsewhere. I noticed that occurred to a few players last year.

See but what you said is reasonable... why can’t we get a guy who thinks IU is a tough game for us, but BC and Missouri are easy games for us.

Or the guy who said yeah Brohm is getting good commitments but only from skill players (then we got Faucheaux).

Who is claiming these kids will help now? This will likely be a 6-6/7-5 season if things go WELL. This is the year where Hazells influence was due to really make the roster an utter stinkbomb. No one denies that anymore than no one thinks that IU is as bad as they were under dinardo ...

Your opinion .. at least in this post... is not representative of those that are frustrating at IU rivals

Reactions: Btfu2017
since your admin has always banned people just for asking simple questions or making any points that you “hear no evil, see no evil” people don’t like...

How you like the class with Faucheux and Sheffield added? It’s got to be pretty scary, no? Let me guess.. Brohm leaves for the ACC in January and all the recruits jump ship?

Yeah the overrecruiting worries me a little, but it seemed like the kids (at least publicly) were still grateful to Purdue and moved on quickly to other schools. Just don't want to burn any bridges doing that.

Hey man can I ask.. are you guys all 12 year old ****ies over there? You come across like a man.. so tell me, why do your mods need to protect you people from hearing any evil. I get it if someone was to jump in and say “yeah IU sucks. You haven’t won a bowl game since I was in 8th grade (true by the way and I’m 41)! Wooo! F IU!”

But why is it that when IU fans have a take and we simply argue back, it’s a ban? Were you guys all the guys in 8th grade whose mommy had to come to school cause you ran smack and some other kid dared to run smack back?”

Anyone that would think that has never been to either campus.

It’s fine. In the 2019 bucket game they will be more full of rage than they were in the second half of 2004. And that will be followed shortly by Allen’s termination and Brohm winning another bowl, signing another outstanding class and not leaving. And then there will be no more “this is cyclical”... ever again.

Reactions: BoiledSteel
Anyone that would think that has never been to either campus.

“It’s hard enough for the IU offensive line to keep Karlaftis, Neal and Faucheaux at Bay.. they did that and Dontay Hunter just got a free release and walloped Ramsey at the five. ... And Alexander grabbed the fumble and walked in. 21-3 Purdue.”

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
Hey man can I ask.. are you guys all 12 year old ****ies over there? You come across like a man.. so tell me, why do your mods need to protect you people from hearing any evil. I get it if someone was to jump in and say “yeah IU sucks. You haven’t won a bowl game since I was in 8th grade (true by the way and I’m 41)! Wooo! F IU!”

But why is it that when IU fans have a take and we simply argue back, it’s a ban? Were you guys all the guys in 8th grade whose mommy had to come to school cause you ran smack and some other kid dared to run smack back?”
Yes we all ran home to mom in 8th grade.

Yes we all ran home to mom in 8th grade.

Well you’re here... so I really doubt that.

But seriously, why do they ban people just for debating .. like, you guys can come here and give us a bunch of reasons why we won’t be as good as we think, and we will disagree; but no one is sending seething requests to ban you. Get the difference. Because the fans on your board are a bunch of crying to mommy little *******

That's a pep rally board, not a place to talk IU or Big Ten football. It's inhabited by fewer than 10 regular posters who know nothing about football and make excuses for IU's long history of futility. They are full of officiating conspiracies and delusional predictions, though. Oh, and contrary opinions will result in immediate banning. The former mods from there consider the place and the posters who live there a joke.

Well you’re here... so I really doubt that.

But seriously, why do they ban people just for debating .. like, you guys can come here and give us a bunch of reasons why we won’t be as good as we think, and we will disagree; but no one is sending seething requests to ban you. Get the difference. Because the fans on your board are a bunch of crying to mommy little *******
They have no interest in discussing anything. It's a place that's hemmoraging members and traffic anyway, so there's not much activity anyway.

You do. There’s an entire thread about it. This one. This thread that you commented on.
A thread in which I contributed a couple comments to say that we shouldn't be concerned about what IU fans say proves that I care... Ok... Sorry, bud. I would have said the same thing whether the thread was about IU, Kansas, Rutgers, Wake Forest, or any other program we do not aspire to be like. I really don't care how any of them view our program. Really! I don't! I open every thread on this board regardless of title. Hope that clears up any misconceptions!

Last edited:
Ball State’s campus is nicer. West Lafayette, however, is nicer than Muncie.
Can we comment with the same perspective of TD? I’m pretty sure he’s a Ball Sate grad (but an IU and UL fan), and I remember a post from him a few months ago that “Purdue’s campus is ugly, at least it was in the mid 90’s, the last time I was there.” So he hasn’t been to Purdue for almost 25 years, but he commonly comments about Purdue and West Lafayette being an ugly duck. Not exactly a timely or objective opinion, but then how often do you get objective opinions on these message boards?

I graduated 6 years ago and even in that timeframe the changes to campus, especially the Northwestern and Stadium Ave area, are remarkable. With the Chauncey Hill changes coming I don’t think anybody that hasn’t seen the campus within 5 years can really make an accurate judgement anymore.

Reactions: Purdue85
Here's a nice quote... from reading this I would guess this guy knows zero about Brohm because everything he say is either flat out wrong or contradicting himself.

It doesn't matter. I like the hire. IU is not going to get a marquee hire for football. Brohm was just as much of a gamble as Allen IMO. Whats Brohm done except taken a little school to success. Brohm would NOT have made a bowl game last year with IU's football team or schedule!

Look at Dan Hawkins....HOT coach from Boise. Notre Dame was after him. He landed at the Buffs and failed. There are several others the same. Allen was a couple seasons away from being in the same situation as most successful coordinators, a strong candidate for a head coaching position. Fred had the vision to see that and with the Indiana ties and obviously the way coach Allen carries himself Fred pulled the trigger. If we go backwards the next couple of years then a change needs to be made.

Allen has already won more than half the battle. It did not take a rocket scientist to see that we were worn down last year at the end of games and we had a ton of injuries. He made a sensational hire in Ballou. The S&C position IMO is one of the strongest hires a head coach can make. They spend more time with the players than the coaches. ALL the players have bought in and have given huge accolades to the progress they have made under Ballou.

He also grabbed, late in the recruiting cycle, 2 guys from Florida that Florida State was after and landed them here at IU. Didn't see Brohm do anything like that last cycle! He also brought in some excellent high ranking grad transfers this year to put us in an excellent position. He has also started off this year with some excellent recruits (arguably the best recruiting start in years at IU) .

So you can keep arguing and spinning the past but it does not matter. Allen is doing a fine job and unless he falls flat on his a$$ he has my full support and so does Glass for making the hire.

Here's a nice quote... from reading this I would guess this guy knows zero about Brohm because everything he say is either flat out wrong or contradicting himself.

It doesn't matter. I like the hire. IU is not going to get a marquee hire for football. Brohm was just as much of a gamble as Allen IMO. Whats Brohm done except taken a little school to success. Brohm would NOT have made a bowl game last year with IU's football team or schedule!

Look at Dan Hawkins....HOT coach from Boise. Notre Dame was after him. He landed at the Buffs and failed. There are several others the same. Allen was a couple seasons away from being in the same situation as most successful coordinators, a strong candidate for a head coaching position. Fred had the vision to see that and with the Indiana ties and obviously the way coach Allen carries himself Fred pulled the trigger. If we go backwards the next couple of years then a change needs to be made.

Allen has already won more than half the battle. It did not take a rocket scientist to see that we were worn down last year at the end of games and we had a ton of injuries. He made a sensational hire in Ballou. The S&C position IMO is one of the strongest hires a head coach can make. They spend more time with the players than the coaches. ALL the players have bought in and have given huge accolades to the progress they have made under Ballou.

He also grabbed, late in the recruiting cycle, 2 guys from Florida that Florida State was after and landed them here at IU. Didn't see Brohm do anything like that last cycle! He also brought in some excellent high ranking grad transfers this year to put us in an excellent position. He has also started off this year with some excellent recruits (arguably the best recruiting start in years at IU) .

So you can keep arguing and spinning the past but it does not matter. Allen is doing a fine job and unless he falls flat on his a$$ he has my full support and so does Glass for making the hire.
I guess we all just imagined Brohm flipping Moore from Texas

I see what you did there.... if a roosters lays an egg on an a-frame roof, which way will it roll? Iu fans can’t read silly

CTA is the equal to CJB in recruiting. They just pulled in a fantastic get, WR Jordan Jakes, low 3* from Maryland only rated by Rivals!

Reactions: Purdue85
CTA is the equal to CJB in recruiting. They just pulled in a fantastic get, WR Jordan Jakes, low 3* from Maryland only rated by Rivals!
To be fair the recruit was offered by Michigan SU Georgia tech and Iowa State among others. He may be rated low 3 star but he has a good offer list.

To be fair the recruit was offered by Michigan SU Georgia tech and Iowa State among others. He may be rated low 3 star but he has a good offer list.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the Michigan offer was a real one. He tweeted official offers from Virginia and Indiana, not one from UM who was part of his top 3. Not that Twitter is the best place for news, it is odd he tweeted IU and Virginia offers only.

I also don't expect IU to match Purdue in offensive talent, recruiting-wise. Almost solely because CJB is an offensive head coach and CTA is a defensive guy. I would expect better defensive than offensive recruits at IU, and if you look at IU's class, I would think their best and highest upside players are defenders.

I am not saying the recruit is not good. He might end up being a 4 Star by the time all is said and done. I am just saying that Brohm came into a situation where Hazell, and to a certain Hope, had recruits not even taking our calls if they were over a 3 Star. They had also burned bridges in the state of IN, which Brohm is still repairing. In just a year and a half, we have recruits that even the blue bloods are going after and we are winning some of those battles. I don’t see Allen being at that level, at least not yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT