ADVERTISEMENT

I'm hyped about next year's team...

Don't disagree...and it was the coach who repeatedly had the wrong guy inbounding the ball...often to the wrong guy...often in the wrong spot...and on the rare occasion that they managed to get the ball across the half-court line when being pressed, it was at the coach's direction that they pulled up immediately...either getting trapped, or settling into a conservative offensive mode...so the players may very well have done exactly what the coach had told them to do.

Good point. I often wondered why they didn't clear out and have AJ and Haas bring it up.

Coaches receive too much credit and too much criticism when teams win or lose. A few years ago Purdue led the nation in the least amount of turnovers. Last year we had a problem with turning over the ball. Do you think Painter forgot how to teach his players how to protect the ball or could it be that the players are different with different skills. Most of the people I know that always blame the coach haven't played many team sports.

It just takes a larger handful of posters to upgrade it .... and clearly you would add to inceasing that handful.
Thanks and you are correct it will take several of us to bring it back to what it used to be. I come and go in my time to read and post, but will do what I can!

I just don't get the uninformed negativity. Sure things could be better, but they aren't nearly as bad as a few on here would like us to believe.

Thanks and you are correct it will take several of us to bring it back to what it used to be. I come and go in my time to read and post, but will do what I can!

I just don't get the uninformed negativity. Sure things could be better, but they aren't nearly as bad as a few on here would like us to believe.
It's only totally negative for armchair experts who think they are personally entitled to Purdue basketball going to a Final Four. Facts don't matter. Only the emotional letdown matters, which is why we still see the emotional reactions to the mention of Painter or Burke.

And somehow that comment will be construed as me "defending Painter." :D

Reactions: BBG and Do Dah Day

I do find it "some word I can't come up with right now" that those who have coached and who have played are attacked so vehemently by those who have not. I'd much prefer someone who had done some open heart surgeries operate on me rather than someone who had not. Oppositional Defiant Disorder perhaps???

We do have some folks who, through mostly ignorance and poor thinking, have proposed "solutions" to problems we don't have, or overly simple solutions which won't ever work. I try to keep in mind that they are also Boilermaker fans. They want the best for the team, even in their misguided direction.

:cool:

It's only totally negative for armchair experts who think they are personally entitled to Purdue basketball going to a Final Four. Facts don't matter. Only the emotional letdown matters, which is why we still see the emotional reactions to the mention of Painter or Burke.

If we just had any other coach in America, an AD not from Purdue, or maybe from Purdue, I don't remember which, had a roster filled with freshmen and transfers, every year because the next player is always better than the one you have, same as coaches, played two seven foot 250+ centers together, ran a zone, played faster, got rid of the offense we run, and I don't care if it is different from year to year, the one we run now is wrong, and so is the one we run two years from now, whatever it is, play faster, stop even talking about defense because nobody who wins anything plays defense, get a coach who knows how to break a press, and oh yea, fill in any open schollies no matter what so we can play 13 deep all the time. Then my genius would be clear...BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!!

I gotta laugh at some on here, it seems if someone doesn't agree with you, then you try to make them look stupid, emotional, or a know it all! While some are, most aren't, we got different opinions based on a lot of different things, so maybe argue a point but you don't have to try to bash someone.

Reactions: nagemj02
I've been trying to avoid this back and forth since it predictably spiraled downward, but you really can't think something so silly can you? Come on, you're smarter than that.

No...no he's not. DG10 is steeped in the dumb.

BTW - can someone let me know if I am one of the "handful that ruin this board" or am I a part of the "larger handful" that add to the greatness, and makes this place so excellent?? Lemme know, thx...

YF,
CF

Reactions: BoilerUpMoose
I gotta laugh at some on here, it seems if someone doesn't agree with you, then you try to make them look stupid, emotional, or a know it all! While some are, most aren't, we got different opinions based on a lot of different things, so maybe argue a point but you don't have to try to bash someone.
I too get a laugh at some on here, it seems if someone doesn't agree with the negative posting, posts like this one crop up doing the very thing the post I quoted is complaining about.

So maybe get thicker skin because this is an internet forum and you are going to get bashed at some point. Especially if posts are ridiculous or even hypocritical in nature like this one that complains about arguing a point, yet doesn't "argue" one itself.

None of us know anything about the others on here beyond our avatars and the things we write. Hardly a solid basis to judge the individual accurately. For instance Cleanface is a handsome devil with a square jaw, I have soulfull brown eyes and an inquisitive nature, you are a faceless, emotionless shadow of a man. Oh that's just the avatars. On to the posts. Some on here are perpetually negative. Many of those are making negative comments without any demonstrated understanding of the topic which they are commenting upon.
I agree they are entitled to have their opinion, when they state their opinion they must be able to accept, not necessarily agree with, but accept criticism. That is where some fail and earn even greater criticism. The recent backlash is a clue that many are weary of a few. Now, someone please shred me. It's my turn.

Reactions: BBG

BTW - can someone let me know if I am one of the "handful that ruin this board" or am I a part of the "larger handful" that add to the greatness, and makes this place so excellent?? Lemme know, thx...

YF,
CF
You sir are one entertaining poster. I think which category you fall in depends on how much you've had to drink ;)

Knock it off!!!! Positive posts are strongly discouraged here!!!

Reactions: Dakota Girl and BBG
None of us know anything about the others on here beyond our avatars and the things we write. Hardly a solid basis to judge the individual accurately. For instance Cleanface is a handsome devil with a square jaw, I have soulfull brown eyes and an inquisitive nature, you are a faceless, emotionless shadow of a man. Oh that's just the avatars. On to the posts. Some on here are perpetually negative. Many of those are making negative comments without any demonstrated understanding of the topic which they are commenting upon.
I agree they are entitled to have their opinion, when they state their opinion they must be able to accept, not necessarily agree with, but accept criticism. That is where some fail and earn even greater criticism. The recent backlash is a clue that many are weary of a few. Now, someone please shred me. It's my turn.
I get so tired of your attempts to appear positive when I'm certain you are a Closet Negativist just waiting for your time to strike.

You sir are one entertaining poster. I think which category you fall in depends on how much you've had to drink ;)
Speaking of drinks how many beers am I up to now on your tab???
It's 7:30 in the morning and I just came off a week at the beach and am awaiting my first veteran of the day and thinking a few beers and a chair on the beach would beat the hell out of the rest of my day at this point.

YF,
CF
The mere fact that you have to ask answers the question itself.

Far easier to bash someone than to engage in a constructive conversation...just as it is far easier to paint anyone with a differing opinion as somebody that is negative or a hater.

Reactions: rascott107

I just don't get the uninformed negativity.

Sure things could be better, but they aren't nearly as bad as a few on here would like us to believe.

Yes, you are the board's/forum's voice of reason...no doubt about it.

Would love to know the definition of "uninformed negativity"...

Matt and Morgan each thank you for your continued support.

Just go re-read any of your posts.
No surprise that the definition would be so limited...or solely the basis of your opinion (never mind it being more uninformed)...yet, in spite of it, I guess that would make any of your posts or positions uninformed positivity.

No surprise that the definition would be so limited...or solely the basis of your opinion (never mind it being more uninformed)...yet, in spite of it, I guess that would make any of your posts or positions uninformed positivity.
Let's imagine that we are all ignorant of what we talk about on here or anywhere for that matter...not difficult right.
Given that stipulation, which type of person do people want to be around?
Which type gets more done? The second question is a life in general lean as nothing we do here accomplishes anything.

You asked for a definition and I gave you an example of one. The fact that you find your own posts that I used for that "limited" in your own words, pretty much makes my point for me.

I mean after all, you're the one that claims a coach tells it's players to pull up early when pressed and pass to the wrong guy let alone be in the wrong position. Even when it was directly refuted by either personal experience from those that played or people that actually watched the games.

Like I said though, it is impossible to take you seriously when beyond that you even call your own posts "limited". Thank you for proving my point about the uninformed negativity, you were the perfect example and you did not disappoint.

Reactions: BoilerUpMoose
After the end of season meltdown I have so many people on ignore that some threads are nearly unreadable. Occasionally I'll read a few of the ignored poster's comments to see if I was too quick to pull the trigger on them and if they may have come back to earth a little. I don't believe I've removed one of them from the ignored list yet. Guess first impressions are sometimes lasting ones!!!

Reactions: Do Dah Day
You asked for a definition and I gave you an example of one. The fact that you find your own posts that I used for that "limited" in your own words, pretty much makes my point for me.

I mean after all, you're the one that claims a coach tells it's players to pull up early when pressed and pass to the wrong guy let alone be in the wrong position. Even when it was directly refuted by either personal experience from those that played or people that actually watched the games.

Like I said though, it is impossible to take you seriously when beyond that you even call your own posts "limited". Thank you for proving my point about the uninformed negativity, you were the perfect example and you did not disappoint.
Actually, I think the point proven is that you like to hear yourself (or, read your own ramblings)...and the support for that is evident given that you have nearly 2,900 posts, of which 73 were well-received...thus, if anyone is looking to make a point, I would suggest that you are certainly not the person to turn to, and the numbers certainly are support for that notion. Continue to impress and entertain yourself with your infinite wisdom.

MASOCHISM - the tendency to derive pleasure, especially sexual gratification, from one's own pain or humiliation.

Actually, I think the point proven is that you like to hear yourself (or, read your own ramblings)...and the support for that is evident given that you have nearly 2,900 posts, of which 73 were well-received...thus, if anyone is looking to make a point, I would suggest that you are certainly not the person to turn to, and the numbers certainly are support for that notion. Continue to impress and entertain yourself with your infinite wisdom.
So your rebuttal is my post count and the "likes" ? Seriously? Again, thanks for proving my point. If anything you just proved it even further. It isn't like you can't create another account and like your own posts, which I suspect that is what you have done. Or maybe, I was posting here before they instituted the like feature and then left for quite some time.

So yes, you will continue to be not taken seriously and you continue to prove my point about your being uninformed and have nothing really of worth to add to any discussion.

Someone could do a psychological thesis off of this forum on how fast a positive thread can tank into a crap fest :)
Seriously??????????????? You just used psychological, thesis, positive, and crap all in one post. You, sir, are in serious violation of the board rules as I interpret them!!!
BTW, please everyone go up on K-schmiede's last post and like it so we can get his like #s up and eliminate one more bitching point in this thread!!!

Reactions: Dakota Girl
Someone could do a psychological thesis off of this forum on how fast a positive thread can tank into a crap fest :)
They would determine beyond any doubt that if we had a different coach, it would crap out at exactly the same speed and intensity.

Far easier to bash someone than to engage in a constructive conversation...
To me "constructive conversation" involves a number of parties discussing an issue for the purpose of implementing a method to best achieve one or more mutual goals. We are deluding ourselves if we believe our posting on a free board is going to lead to any meaningful actions by any powers that be. Face it, we are here to vent, to read others venting and hopefully get some giggles everyday, and to wave the Boiler Banner.
I doubt that I would look at these boards if all of the posts made sense. I've never ignored anyone. Why?
I love Purdue but it's a big world out there with a lot of other things that are important to me.
Amen and BTFU brothers and sisters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT