ADVERTISEMENT

If this is the standard - Could have gotten Brock Spack 10 years ago lol

Do we really have to throw Brock Spack back under the bus again?

The guy was a great Purdue linebacker, a great assistant under Tiller, and has carved out a very respectable head coaching career at Illinois State.

Why does he always have to be the punching bag for people who want to dump on head coaching hires? He has never been the head coach at Purdue. He never will be.

A bunch of what ifs

What if Tiller had been given the needed funding later in his career? What if Danny Hope had? What if Hope had been able to bring in Spack?

Reactions: hoosiersmitty
And that reason is Morgan Burke
Morgan Burke is dead. Walters got the job because the AD thought he was deserving. Crazy to trash a guy before kickoff of his first game. 24 hours in, Walters has done some solid things.

Hoping he parlays that into signing day success. Hoping he then parlays that into portal success. Then, hoping he can add the right assistants. Then, hoping we can put it together on Gameday.

No matter who the coach was, we had to do all of the above things. Why not have some patience with the guy who wants to be here?

Morgan Burke is dead. Walters got the job because the AD thought he was deserving. Crazy to trash a guy before kickoff of his first game. 24 hours in, Walters has done some solid things.

Hoping he parlays that into signing day success. Hoping he then parlays that into portal success. Then, hoping he can add the right assistants. Then, hoping we can put it together on Gameday.

No matter who the coach was, we had to do all of the above things. Why not have some patience with the guy who wants to be here?
Because I don't hire the Arby's worker to do my knee surgery. Nothing against people pointing out the obvious he is over his head and the splash hire we needed to grow our program was missed. Back to bottom with IU

Because I don't hire the Arby's worker to do my knee surgery. Nothing against people pointing out the obvious he is over his head and the splash hire we needed to grow our program was missed. Back to bottom with IU
How many ways can you say the exact same thing and how many threads do you have to pollute until you feel like you've made your point?

My brother in Christ, please work on your metaphors. Comparing an Arbys worker doing surgery to a guy making the jump from coordinator to coach is asinine. We see the coordinator to head coach jump all the time in the NFL and we celebrate those guys as young, energetic, and hungry but we immediately write off a guy's ability to coach before stepping foot on the field as a head coach? Sure, the dynamics of the NFL are different and the coordinator to head coaching jump is more difficult in college football but that doesn't immediately imply that a guy is unqualified or bound for failure.

To act like he isn't qualified because he doesn't meet YOUR qualifications is ridiculous. Just remember that the Arby's worker is likely more qualified to do knee surgery than you are to evaluate a head coach or player talent from your basement recliner.

My brother in Christ, please work on your metaphors. Comparing an Arbys worker doing surgery to a guy making the jump from coordinator to coach is asinine. We see the coordinator to head coach jump all the time in the NFL and we celebrate those guys as young, energetic, and hungry but we immediately write off a guy's ability to coach before stepping foot on the field as a head coach? Sure, the dynamics of the NFL are different and the coordinator to head coaching jump is more difficult in college football but that doesn't immediately imply that a guy is unqualified or bound for failure.

To act like he isn't qualified because he doesn't meet YOUR qualifications is ridiculous. Just remember that the Arby's worker is likely more qualified to do knee surgery than you are to evaluate a head coach or player talent from your basement recliner.
Triggered much. I'll refer back to you next year.

Triggered much. I'll refer back to you next year.
Triggered? Not so much. Frustrated with outlandish opinions of a guy who hasn't even been given a chance? Absolutely.

Feel free to refer back in a year, tag me in it. But also understand I haven't said he's bound to win X amount of games, get us to a big ten title, have a top 20 recruiting class or anything of the sort. I've only said that preemptively attaching failure to a guy within the first week of hiring him without seeing his body of work at Purdue is short sighted. Bobinski made a good decision with Brohm and earned our trust that Burke lost, he and Walters both deserve support from the start.

Lofl you've been soiling your diaper in every thread for 2 days. This person makes one measured post and you try to play the triggered card? You're telling on yourself, Professor Projection.
I mean obviously you can't take a point of view other than your rainbows and butterflies.

Everything is stacked against him. Hope it works out. I'll still buy tickets but it will depend if I show up to them.

The guy was a great Purdue linebacker, a great assistant under Tiller, and has carved out a very respectable head coaching career at Illinois State.

Why does he always have to be the punching bag for people who want to dump on head coaching hires? He has never been the head coach at Purdue. He never will be.

During his time at Purdue He’s developed and put more defensive guys in the NFL than just about every big ten team except for OSU’s

I mean obviously you can't take a point of view other than your rainbows and butterflies.

Everything is stacked against him. Hope it works out. I'll still buy tickets but it will depend if I show up to them.
Nothing to do with point of view and mine is not rainbows and butterflies.
Your 2nd paragraph is perfectly reasonable. If that's all you said about the situation I would have never responded to you.

You first. And soon!

Already did. After dropping it in a beer.

Gonna keep living up to the Boilermaker name, too. One after another.

We do have a great national reputation. Known in every bar in America.

Another toast -- 50 years ago today, a Boilermaker was the last man on the Moon.

Boiler way up!

Reactions: New Pal Boiler

I agree,why the punching bag treatment as it is clear that his time has come and gone.... Any answers to why her never got the Purdue job???! Would love to know..

Reactions: SLoopBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT