ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Johnson

No doubt NW built a nice facility. It’s not football only. Purdue has a sweet new football-only facility.

How's the view there?

That’s going to change. Brohm’s ceiling is way higher than Fitz’s. Get used to Purdue beating NW with regularity - the it was for years. Personally, I think Brohm’s biggest competition in the future is Scott Frost at Nebraska. I see Iowa, NW, Minnesota, and Wisconsin all taking steps back going forward, although Iowa and Wisky will never be bad as long as they have their current coaches. Fleck will be a bust. Fitz will do everything in his power, but the league will pass him by. NW will compete for bowls, but not league titles.

Sorry about your bowl humiliation and losing record for the year. Did you happen to catch NU in the B1G championship game or the Holiday Bowl?

I view Iowa and Northwestern as similar. Fairly consistent, but never a real threat to win the BIG or to become dominant programs. Has Fitz won the BIG West yet? No. Can Fitz recruit the horses to compete with and beat the best teams in the BIG. No, not in my opinion. He's done a great job with the hand he's been dealt. Brohm has won about 70% of his games as a HC, and his teams have won all 4 bowl games they've played in. He's a winner, plain and simple, and his trajectory is up at Purdue.

NU won the west easily this year by three games, won their third bowl game in a row, and finished in the top 20 for the second year in a row and 3rd time in the last four years.

Congrats to Purdue for making a bowl game.

How's the view there?

Sorry about your bowl humiliation and losing record for the year. Did you happen to catch NU in the B1G championship game or the Holiday Bowl?

NU won the west easily this year by three games, won their third bowl game in a row, and finished in the top 20 for the second year in a row and 3rd time in the last four years.

Why are you here? I guess it must have been a very long winter watching your basketball team.

How's the view there?

I’m looking forward to attending our game in Evanston. I assume you’ll be taking our parking pass when we pull into the lot: be sure to say hello.

How's the view there?

Is that you Camel toe? Come up with a new moniker since you got bounced from other stupid posts?

Is that you Camel toe? Come up with a new moniker since you got bounced from other stupid posts?
Actually, I think it is good for the Big 10 when NU is good. And Fitz is a great college FB ambassador. Iowa, Minnie, Wiscy, NU, UM...all of those Century-old rough and tumble Midwestern, Great Lakes area 'Great Western Conference' Universities...they always impressed me when Jim Lampley used to run the scores down. Edit: I realize NU was not part of the original Great Western Conference and were a 'late comer' to the Big Ten, but they belong.

Actually, I think it is good for the Big 10 when NU is good. And Fitz is a great college FB ambassador. Iowa, Minnie, Wiscy, NU, UM...all of those Century-old rough and tumble Midwestern, Great Lakes area 'Great Western Conference' Universities...they always impressed me when Jim Lampley used to run the scores down. Edit: I realize NU was not part of the original Great Western Conference and were a 'late comer' to the Big Ten, but they belong.

Way agree. Northwestern burnishes the B1G's rep as an academic/athletic conference as much as anyone. Fitzgerald is a fit there every bit as much as I think CJB is at Purdue- a perfect reflection of the school's personality.

At this point I have two hopes for the Purdue-Brohm tandem based on the NW-Fitz dynamic:
1- I hope Jeff stays around as long as Pat has (and will) at NW
2- I hope CJB can give us some years as good as the good years CPF has at Northwestern

If these things happen I will be a very happy Boilermaker for years to come.

Northwestern was a founding member of the Big Ten.

Looks,like they're going to ride Hunter for better or worse. Green looks to be out for the season with a foot injury requiring surgery.

Hunter had a few glimmers where he looked the part. He wasn't completely awful by any stretch. A number of this throws were affected by too much adrenaline. The Stanford D also came after him and a number of his throws were rushed. I think he looks the part. His throws look sharp; just high. He ran well on a few plays. Expect the game to slow down for him as the season goes.

Why did we lose the battle for this 5-star? I was actually able to see him torch a high school defense in person when I went to a game with my coworker.

I know he had a rough start against Stanford but imagine how good Purdue's offense would be with him throwing to our talented receivers.

Ah the one that got away

Why did we lose the battle for this 5-star? I was actually able to see him torch a high school defense in person when I went to a game with my coworker.

I know he had a rough start against Stanford but imagine how good Purdue's offense would be with him throwing to our talented receivers.

Ah the one that got away

Is this a serious question?

Yes, I saw him numerous times in HS, as well. Very solid athlete, and not just a QB with a strong arm. Was also a part of a state champion relay team (track), if memory serves.

He was a '17 HS grad. He visited (I saw him at a Purdue game). Was offered. I think he was tempted by the Purdue offer, but Brohm really wasn't in the picture when the heat of the recruiting battle was going on.

He was also being courted by one of the top programs in the country. It's understandable why he went to Clempson, even though I thought it was a mistake at the time.

When he made the decision to leave Clempson, he wasn't going to go somewhere else that he'd get beat out of the starting QB role, so he took the safe route and went to NU. No way was he going to come to Purdue and compete against the quality QBs in the mix.

Unfortunately, your board sends emails to us whenever a thread we posted on has a reply. So here we are again.

Congrats on holding on to Brohm!

We have Johnson though. Good luck next year, you’re gonna need it.

Love,

theB1GWestChamps
Bump...

Reactions: Purdue85
Is this a serious question?

Yes, I saw him numerous times in HS, as well. Very solid athlete, and not just a QB with a strong arm. Was also a part of a state champion relay team (track), if memory serves.

He was a '17 HS grad. He visited (I saw him at a Purdue game). Was offered. I think he was tempted by the Purdue offer, but Brohm really wasn't in the picture when the heat of the recruiting battle was going on.

He was also being courted by one of the top programs in the country. It's understandable why he went to Clempson, even though I thought it was a mistake at the time.

When he made the decision to leave Clempson, he wasn't going to go somewhere else that he'd get beat out of the starting QB role, so he took the safe route and went to NU. No way was he going to come to Purdue and compete against the quality QBs in the mix.
what quality purdue QB's would those have been?

How's the view there?

hey @Gladeskat !! Sorry about your 2019 season humiliation!

o_O
Purdue's greatest pitch is that we have a former professional quarterback that runs one of the most prolific offenses that happens to be a pro style. Couple that with a young core of wide recievers (2 four stars and two high three stars) there is a lot to love. The argument is that Brohm will leave before he plays a snap. Well, coach just got an extension and is locked in for the foreseeable future. The AD has showed the willingness to spend money and Ourdue has recently got the night lights and brand new practice facilities. No to mention he would be about 40/50 minute drive from home.

Purdue is on the rise. What coach did last year shows his genious and how good that whole staff is. Once he gets his players, he will be right there competing for a Big Championship. The way this class is shaping up, that could be 3 years. They land Johnson and they will be ranked and have a shot to compete for a Big Championship. This '19 class started off stronger than any class in the last 8 years. If Purdue finds a way to land a few more top targets, they will be scary good. Now is the time to jump on the train. This staff truly gets the absolute best out of their players. There aren't many coaching staffs out there that I would say are better. Especially for a quarterback.
"This staff truly gets the absolute best out of their players" ...huh?o_O

o_O

You are more than welcome to go find a true walk on, who started the summer as the fourth string, and only had small school offers that had two back to back game winning drives in the final two minutes. I would call that the definition of getting the most out of their players. If you are a quarterback, there is nowhere better. Moore is a Heisman candidate and Bell is arguably the best freshman wide receiver. They are adding Carr on top of that next year to an already pass happy offense.

There aren’t a lot of teams that could have dealt with the injuries Purdue has this year to their most important players. They are one of the youngest teams in the nation as a result. I said what I said.

o_O
Please explain how that’s not true. We have the following starting players out with injury right now:

QB Sindelar
QB Jack Plummer (2nd String)
WR Rondale Moore (All-American)
WR Sparks
DT Lorenzo Neal (All-BIG caliber)
LB Bailey (All-BIG caliber)
LB Cornel Jones
RB Tario Fuller (just returned)

Even with these people out Brohm is winning some BIG games. Very few teams could lose the number and caliber of players we have and still be in contention for a bowl game this late in the season. He’s winning with a walk-on QB for God’s sake.

Please explain how that’s not true. We have the following starting players out with injury right now:

QB Sindelar
WR Sparks
LB Cornel Jones

Even with these people out Brohm is winning some BIG games. Very few teams could lose the number and caliber of players we have and still be in contention for a bowl game this late in the season. He’s winning with a walk-on QB for God’s sake.
:confused:

At least now it's clear why you only have 1 "likes".

QB Sindelar
WR Sparks
LB Cornel Jones

you're attempting to reason with the unreasonable.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT