ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Johnson

So you're assuming Evanston brings recruits based on location? Or Chicago? Think about it and maybe you sound like the dumb one. Your own fan base uses Chicago as the attraction not Evanston.

And anyone with a brain knows that the stigma that it's a dangerous city is false. It's a world class city that has dangerous neighborhoods, neighborhoods people like you or me stay out of. It was a dumb, ill-informed comment

Marve was the best QB in the state of Florida. Yes, injuries destroyed his career, but to say him and Johnson weren’t on the same level is false. Marve played against WAY better competition (no comparison). The jury is still out on Hunter Johnson. If he signs with Purdue I hope he has an amazing collegiate and pro career.

Marve was injured, and the one year he wasn't, he got replaced after a sub .500 record. The hype was worn off him at the time of his transfer and his injuries kept him from regaining the hype. It's different. Marve was a 4 star, although he was a top 10 QB. Hunter Johnson was the second best in his class with no injury issues. So, in my opinion it is not the same and not close of an impact. You may not feel that way, and that's ok. It also remains to be seen what Johnson can do. I believe that if he picks Purdue, he is going to get the numbers that garner some major attention.

www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-northwestern-professor-fatal-stabbing-20180302-story.html
Not sure Purdue has ever had a full Professor in Bio Dept commit a major crime or not? But apparently your Bio Research Dept enjoys gay sex orgies (not that anything's wrong w/that) followed by dismemberment.

This story alone makes your school a scary place to attend or visit. Not sure or not yet if Prof Wyndam-Lathem is a serial killer ?- CPD and FBI are still investigationg prior "sex orgy murders" still unsolved in Cook County....will keep you posted----chicagocatfan

Two can play that game

https://www.jconline.com/story/news...rted-sex-crimes-purdue-summer-camp/508144001/

Marve was injured, and the one year he wasn't, he got replaced after a sub .500 record. The hype was worn off him at the time of his transfer and his injuries kept him from regaining the hype. It's different. Marve was a 4 star, although he was a top 10 QB. Hunter Johnson was the second best in his class with no injury issues. So, in my opinion it is not the same and not close of an impact. You may not feel that way, and that's ok. It also remains to be seen what Johnson can do. I believe that if he picks Purdue, he is going to get the numbers that garner some major attention.

Marve was injured both seasons minus 3/4 of the first game of the season. I have no idea what Hunter Johnson's future holds, but out of High school they were similar in rankings. I suppose if Marve would have played high school football in Indiana his ranking would have been higher. Marve was an legend throughout the state of Florida during and even after high school.

This doesn't say a ton, but it shows he's turned down better opportunities in the past because he's content.
https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/09/the_time_wku_coach_jeff_brohm.html

Not sure this link helps your case as you think it does:

''In all reality, it basically came down to a simple question I asked myself, and that was, 'Do I want to help the University of Alabama win a national championship or do I want to help the University of Louisville win a national championship?''' Brohm told the Louisville Courier-Journal at the time. ''I felt the answer was easy, and I chose Louisville.''

Brohm once turned down Alabama because he loved Louisville so much, but he’s going to turn down Purdue over Louisville...?

Again, Northwestern fans have zero room to talk smack. You guys have been good recently but your entire history is pathetic.

I don’t really care about anything that happened before my lifetime, to say nothing about the time before current recruits were even born.

Are you home for summer break?
No! But I just finished teaching a course on youth protection and cyber bullying. I had a lot of examples from this board I used. You might say providing youth protection training to adults is my real job! Protecting youth from bullies and sexual abuse is part of the training provided and that includes cyber bullies!

I also believe my post about the Brewers made as much sense as the other posts in this thread - particularly to Cubs and Cards fans

Last edited:
No! But I just finished a course on youth protection and cyber bullying. I had a lot examples from this board I used.

I also believe my post about the Brewers made as much sense as the other posts in this thread - particularly to Cubs and Cards fans

Brewers haven’t been relegated to triple a?

Marve was injured both seasons minus 3/4 of the first game of the season. I have no idea what Hunter Johnson's future holds, but out of High school they were similar in rankings. I suppose if Marve would have played high school football in Indiana his ranking would have been higher. Marve was an legend throughout the state of Florida during and even after high school.

That is kind of my point. Marve would have been a bigger deal if not for his injuries. We don't know what Hunter Johnson will be, but unlike previous five stars that transferred, Johnson didn't transfer because he struggled or injuries. There is still hype around him. That's the big difference.

Look, Purdue would be a smart choice. It's local, it has the perfect coach for a quarterback. There is a ton of young WR talent coming in, and it's a pro style offense. He can go where he wants, but if it is purely a football decision, it should be Purdue. And Purdue should continue to show the commitment to football and Brohm. Brohm leaving is the only argument other teams have right now.

don't really want to create a stir, but ive been told that Hunter Johnson visited us and Duke a few weeks ago, Northwestern this past week, and is planning to visit an "SEC" school tomorrow and Tuesday

The most shocking thing from this thread.....finding out that Northwestern actually has fans. My how times have changed since I was young. LOL
The last time I was at Ross Ade Stadium I witness an amazing fact. That we have more diehard Rivals posters than Purdue had fans at that game. Certainly that will pass.

Kiel never attended IU. He was a verbal then went to Notre Dame before transferring to Cincinnati. Marve and Johnson weren't on the same planet. Also, Marve was almost constantly injured and not from Indiana. Never had a chance to leave his mark.

Mills and Fromm were the only pro style 5 stars other than Hunter, and they aren't transferring. Tua from Alabama is the only dual threat five star and he is staying put as well. Martell was borderline five star for OSU and he is still there as well.

I think the stat you were wrongfully trying to regurgitate was five star QBs since 2014. Eason, Patterson, Murray, Barnett, Allen, and Johnson. Eason was replaced by Fromm. Patterson transferred because of a post season ban / sanctions against Mississippi State. A&M lost both Murray and Allen within a week of each other. Murray went to Oklahoma and is a dual sport athlete (drafted in the first round but allowed to play college football). That wasn't a compitition thing since both of the top choices bailed leaving A&M with bare cubbards at QB. That leaves Barnett. He transfered from Alabama to ASU. He couldn't win the job and is transferring again to South Florida. His was just a bad case of never should have been a five star. Lost his job everywhere he went.

Remove A&M and Missipi state (reasons other than football caused the departures), it's 3 since 2014. Those that stayed? Watson, Rosen, Mills, Fromm, and Tua (those are the guys replacing those that left). 3 of 8 over the last 4 years isn't the 5 of 8 in 2016 alone you mentioned. 3 more 5 star QBs in the 18 class that remain to be seen as well.

Purdue landing Hunter Johnson helps Brohm recruit Indiana. Not landing Hunter Johnson doesn't hurt recruiting Indiana, even if he goes to Northwestern. Iowa seems to be the most troublesome so far. They are in the mix for a lot of Purdue's remaining top targets. It is nice to battle P5 teams for recruits instead of losing battles to Mac teams. Especially when Purdue is winning the recruiting battles. Purdue also has a chance to really clean up in Kentucky, which is awesome. They got some real good players in the '19 class.
Regurgitate. And you wondered why I said you were thread raging. I’ve not once used derogatory language toward you, yet you do with me. Yes I meant ND about Kiel. I’m sorry I don’t take the time to actually google everything prior to commenting. But my point is still the same and very simple. You said landing Hunter Johnson “sends a message”. I simply disagreed, then nicely attempted to point out how every 5 Star QB that has ever transferred happens with little fanfare or coverage. I apologize for regurgitating incorrect info and I apologize for disagreeing with you.

Brewers haven’t been relegated to triple a?
Being the helpful and informative guy that I am, I must relay this little known fact to you- the Indianapolis Indians are a AAA team. At one time they were the Brewers's farm team until the Brewers moved on and found somebody better. I suggest if you're interested in AAA teams you should check them out. Good seats are available.

Being the helpful and informative guy that I am, I must relay this little known fact to you- the Indianapolis Indians are a AAA team. At one time they were the Brewers's farm team until the Brewers moved on and found somebody better. I suggest if you're interested in AAA teams you should check them out. Good seats are available.

Not interested in bad baseball which is why I didn’t know the brewers were still a mlb team

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT