ADVERTISEMENT

How to Watch & Game Thread: Iowa at #1 Purdue

Credit the hawks for a good press / trap (whatever they call it these days) but man, they amount of grabbing and bumping they getting away with during it is just smh territory

reminds me of nortwestern football - Defensive backs just handsy and grabbing David Bell an insane amount that one game, maybe 2020, just daring the refs to call it all

I smell bus fumes

Cambus_120%2C_a_2019_Gillig_Low_Floor%2C_signed_for_Route_31M..jpg

Solid win for the Boilers - Iowa has been playing well. Purdue has to clean up the ball pressure turnovers, though. Gillis and Furst really gave a huge spark tonight from the front-court.

On to Northwestern on Sunday for Purdue.

I'm really glad Iowa didn't roll over and made a semi-game of it late. This team needs to see the press more and this game was better than any practice could simulate.

@ Maryland will be another tough test. I hope Purdue sees Iowa and Maryland in the BTT too and could care less if Purdue wins that thing if playing against this style makes them better for a run in the big dance.

I'm really glad Iowa didn't roll over and made a semi-game of it late. This team needs to see the press more and this game was better than any practice could simulate.

@ Maryland will be another tough test. I hope Purdue sees Iowa and Maryland in the BTT too and could care less if Purdue wins that thing if playing against this style makes them better for a run in the big dance.

They will get tested again - that's for sure. I like Gillis and Furst helping out - that worked well.

Minus eight on second half turnover differential kept this interesting. I'd have taken 87-73 and run before the game......keep knocking em down one at a time.....but still a growing pains team with room to improve......get ready for the stretch run, and buckle up, folks!

Reactions: TX4GB
I can't decide what I want more; a Boiler win or for Green to lose a lot of money.
How come every missed call falls on him? Purdue had like 6 fouls the entire game and yet we hear how horrible the refs are, no doubt a few were missed, but geez, trust me the Boilers weren’t cheated lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT