ADVERTISEMENT

How does Purdue compare to Duke this season?

How does 'Nova compare, MSU?, Kansas? UNC? KY? IU? OR? Just curious in your response.

And while you're at it ... How will Purdue compare to Duke Next Year? Just curious in your response.

How does Duke compare to the Cavaliers is probably a better comparison. But in all seriousness, in terms of talent, Duke is on a whole different level to everyone else and combined with the best college basketball coach of all time they are the heavy favorites to win it all. That being said, they still start 4 freshman and play in the hardest conference in CBB. They will lose a couple times this year.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
This is what I hate about sports. No disrespect to the OP or anyone else, but everyone realized they played ONE game, right?

We're one game into the season, and Dukes already crowned NCAA champs, Barrett and Williamson are already the #1/2 picks of the year, and future NBA HoFers.

It pisses me off when I hear stuff like that on Selection Sunday, let alone the first week in November.

Let's wait and see how the season unfolds before we count our chickens.

As other poster's said, we really don't compare same as most other teams. Tho all it takes is for them to play bad game in the tournament and it's over.

Reactions: rjmpu82
How does Duke compare to the Cavaliers is probably a better comparison. But in all seriousness, in terms of talent, Duke is on a whole different level to everyone else and combined with the best college basketball coach of all time they are the heavy favorites to win it all. That being said, they still start 4 freshman and play in the hardest conference in CBB. They will lose a couple times this year.
The best college basketball coach of all time? Has to be up there, but some may debate best of all time and I wouldn't know how to evaluate it either. Can't say you are wrong...can't say you are right either. rating any basketball and/or football player or coach as the best of all time is hard to argue for or against. ;)

This is what I hate about sports. No disrespect to the OP or anyone else, but everyone realized they played ONE game, right?

We're one game into the season, and Dukes already crowned NCAA champs, Barrett and Williamson are already the #1/2 picks of the year, and future NBA HoFers.

It pisses me off when I hear stuff like that on Selection Sunday, let alone the first week in November.

Now somebody talkin. I watched that game it was an AAU basketball at its finest. Kentucky was scared got bullied by AA like them they lack a leader and have no PG and 1 shooter and there defense was atrocious why they lost. ESPN ate that win up bcuz it was Kentucky they beat so bad if that was a lesser known team it would not been a big deal they beat Kentucky why it was a big deal. Duke will play teams that will have more experienced players that will be bigger faster stronger taller than them with coaches that will break down film and look at so many weaknesses they have and exploit it especially defensively. 1 game don’t make or brake a season the ACC got some hella good coaches and players like them that will not be intimidated by duke trust me. Kentucky showed no heart played absolutely no defense and was plunked by kids who was out there just having fun hoopin. My son played against mountverde and R J Barrett his senior season and they had to double team him and triple team him with a team full of D1 players we had 1 my son maybe 2. Mountverde recruited my son to come play with RJ, Cody White who at North Carolina and Marcus Carr who now at Minnesota played well against that team everybody didn’t play was nervous of the moment. Bottom line Kentucky wasn’t ready for those bright lights and wasn’t ready to play against athletes like them. Let the season play out when duke play against the college coaches that will be more ready for them and plan a better game against them than coach K did. Let’s see if ESPN go crazy if duke go crazy when they beat army and Kentucky beat SIU let’s see how much air play they get than.

I remember a year when Minnesota started out great, and then midseason their star center Pryzibilla quit the team saying he had to concentrate on his preparation for the NBA combine and draft. Their team literally fell apart after he quit. it could happen to Duke as 4 of their players could just quit after one semester to concentrate on the draft. although their agents - I mean handlers - I mean lawyer advisors - have probably informed them - no workouts.

Preseason All American Selections :(
Purdue's illustrious basketball history boasts 30 players that have won a total of 52 All-American honors, including 2017 consensus All-American Caleb Swanigan (pictured above). Five players have earned three All-American honors and eight more have won a pair of accolades.

Only Kansas (29) has had more consensus All-Americans than Purdue's 27. That is the same amount as North Carolina (27) and more than Kentucky (26), Duke (21) and UCLA (21).

https://purduesports.com/sports/2018/5/17/sports-m-baskbl-spec-rel-pur-all-americans-html.aspx

Barrett will be the #1 pick next year. Not sold on Zion (I think he is all flash and uses steroids.).

Purdue's illustrious basketball history boasts 30 players that have won a total of 52 All-American honors, including 2017 consensus All-American Caleb Swanigan (pictured above). Five players have earned three All-American honors and eight more have won a pair of accolades.

Only Kansas (29) has had more consensus All-Americans than Purdue's 27. That is the same amount as North Carolina (27) and more than Kentucky (26), Duke (21) and UCLA (21).

https://purduesports.com/sports/2018/5/17/sports-m-baskbl-spec-rel-pur-all-americans-html.aspx

Right on TJ!
tenor.gif

Reactions: tjreese
A question to raise. After Duke wins it all this year and loses their three one and dones, will they continue to sign three one and dones and continue their domination of college basketball? And will other schools like Purdue try to follow their lead? Or will we continue to sign student athletes and continue to set our goal at sweet 16 finishes?

A question to raise. After Duke wins it all this year and loses their three one and dones, will they continue to sign three one and dones and continue their domination of college basketball? And will other schools like Purdue try to follow their lead? Or will we continue to sign student athletes and continue to set our goal at sweet 16 finishes?
Purdue sign 3 one and dones? Lol

Reactions: Schnelk
Many have suggested Lebron used steroids in high school. In that manner, when tested in the NBA his levels didn't climb when tested.

No. I think that the playing field will be leveled because every school is going to sign 3 one-and-dones every year. They saw how easy it is when Duke did it, so why not?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT