ADVERTISEMENT

How do you see the Iowa game going?

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
I expect...

Purdue D to have a few take aways. Will take advantage of backup QB and blitz more often than normal, forcing them to pass and do so quickly.

Purdue O continues to gain confidence, both in the air and on the ground.
- Burks has a breakout game.

What do you see happening.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
My gut tells me that this game will turn on these two things more than the Iowa qb situation:

1. Purdue's ability to run the ball effectively.
2. Purdue taking care of the ball.

Iowa lives off its defense forcing turnovers. Purdue has to keep them from getting extra opportunities. Running the ball, even moderately well, will move the chains and help Purdue keep control of the game.

My gut tells me that this game will turn on these two things more than the Iowa qb situation:

Iowa lives off its defense forcing turnovers. Purdue has to keep them from getting extra opportunities. Running the ball, even moderately well, will move the chains and help Purdue keep control of the game.
hope Tracy has a big game and Mock holds onto to the ball

3. Turning Iowa over. Get after this big green QB who likely isn't very mobile. I'm looking for 1 strip sack and 1 pick.

Reactions: rgarlitz
Tough game to call....3-3 sounds sooooo much better than 2-4! Have to literally committ zero turnovers! Hope we play total up tempo offense,so they can't substitute packages against us.... IA plays lockdown with their corners so our re receivers have to get off the line of scrimmage and create space. Glad Walters finally put both coordinators up in the booth .....been screaming about that all year!

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Tough game to call....3-3 sounds sooooo much better than 2-4! Have to literally committ zero turnovers! Hope we play total up tempo offense,so they can't substitute packages against us.... IA plays lockdown with their corners so our re receivers have to get off the line of scrimmage and create space. Glad Walters finally put both coordinators up in the booth .....been screaming about that all year!
another thing to watch for in this game is how our OL performs, Iowa ranks dead last in the FBS w/ only 3 sacks

another thing to watch for in this game is how our OL performs, Iowa ranks dead last in the FBS w/ only 3 sacks

Did not know that....good to know...

of course, Iowa gets SIX sacks and another six tackles for loss in a 20-14 victory between the Hated Rivals, which could have gone either way.....a lost opportunity for sure for the Boilers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT