ADVERTISEMENT

How Do These Guys Take Playing For Izzo?

The story about living in glass houses applies. Should I list the names of disgruntled players who left Purdue for greener pastures? Or were kicked off the team? I believe you may be surprised at how long Painter's list is and how many other players left before he was our coach. How Often we look at others and forget our own issues. So why did Dan Palombizio leave? And Johnson and Martin and Stephens and Mount and Lawson and Smotherman and Macy and Johnson and Ewing and Taylor and and and and many others whose names escape me?
Some left because they did t have the role of prominence they thought they were entitled to. Others left for lack of playing time. I personally have never heard of somebody leaving because they were bullied by Painter.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
I don't get it.

Why feel the need to get in a pissing match, just to drag down Purdue?
Why? Because I don't like Purdue fans constantly berating other programs and pointing fingers when Purdue has experienced similar issues. We are no better or worse than any other major university.

And why else? I hold degrees from 4 separate major universities and have taught at 3 others. I value the education each of those schools offered me and other students.

You can give any reason you want for players leaving. But the fact remains, Purdue has lost just as many players - maybe even more - to transfer than the schools and coaches you berate!

Reactions: greenpeach
there were a number of very high profile players who left...

Giomi
Simmons
Reid
Funderburke
(big kid from Springfield, OH... went to GTech, I believe)
Recker

(...and a kid named Bird)

who am I missing?
Lawson and Delray, to name a couple more.

Why? Because I don't like Purdue fans constantly berating other programs and pointing fingers when Purdue has experienced similar issues. We are no better or worse than any other major university.

And why else? I hold degrees from 4 separate major universities and have taught at 3 others. I value the education each of those schools offered me and other students.

You can give any reason you want for players leaving. But the fact remains, Purdue has lost just as many players - maybe even more - to transfer than the schools and coaches you berate!

One, I didn't make the case IU had more or less. I simply listed them.

Two, show me a school or coach I berate.

I have a feeling this is going to turn into your "trailer park" crusade.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
You always have kids that find they don’t fit or they make Mistakes along the way. Par for colleges and not just athletics

Goo god....you call it whining...it's azz chewing...

Ass chewing is verbal....But when the first reaction from your assistants as well as players is to instantly step in and gently restrain the HC not once but twice...on the floor AND in the huddle it suggests them recognizing a history of the Coach being out of control. I know I really don’t like Izzo but think I can be pretty objective when I say he has progressively gotten more emotionally unstable over the last several years....To the point he sometimes seems manic. Anger, tears of joy, delusions his team faces more hardships than everyone else and that he must be the one to help them over come....There’s a pattern there that most mental health experts would say suggested serious emotional instability. The B1G and IU enabled Bob Knight for many years until he reached a crisis stage. It ended up irreparably ruining Knight’s place in basketball history. Let’s face it...Sadly, MSU’s Athletic Department already has a reputation for enabling abuse by pretending it doesn’t exist. Hopefully the B1G will not do the same and will require this man to get help before he too reaches crisis stage.

"Woman ! Stop flappin' yer gums and go git me a Bud and some shrimp !" - BoilerGal74's hubby

Child....You have over stayed your welcome at the neighbors. Time to go home and complain because you were sent home.

Having played your word game now....Let’s have a serious factual discussion about my post if you object to it. Which part of that post can you pretend wasn’t accurate?

If you don't like my quick sardonic wit than don't post on a free board. Don't be cheap & come up with the $9.95 monthly fee for premium. I've followed your posts for a while. You're beyond reason & nothing is going to change your mind. "Now go bring Scruffy in the house !!" - BoilerGal74's beau

I have told you this more than once...See the Gold Member beside my name? That means I do belong to the Premium Board- duh. However, I very much enjoy the Purdue members here on the free board...Just like getting the many more articles available wit the Premium membership.
Again Peachy, I am more than willing to have a serious discussion with you but I have yet to see you offer one ...with anyone over here.

I have told you this more than once...See the Gold Member beside my name? That means I do belong to the Premium Board- duh. However, I very much enjoy the Purdue members here on the free board...Just like getting the many more articles available wit the Premium membership.
Again Peachy, I am more than willing to have a serious discussion with you but I have yet to see you offer one ...with anyone over here.

I enjoyed your Magna Carta like previous post. It was like a window into your soul. I don't debate fanatics. And you madame are a fanatic.

I enjoyed your Magna Carta like previous post. It was like a window into your soul. I don't debate fanatics. And you madame are a fanatic.

Only about enablers of sexual predators....Having said that Peachy, you are so enamored with needing to to come to the Purdue Boards I must ask....Are you really Mad Tommy trying to covertly scout us??? Okay....one of the tools Rivals provides us to avoid pesky juvenile trolls is the individual blocking button. That means “poof” you’re invisible to me after this post. Ciao Darl’ng!

Ass chewing is verbal....But when the first reaction from your assistants as well as players is to instantly step in and gently restrain the HC not once but twice...on the floor AND in the huddle it suggests them recognizing a history of the Coach being out of control. I know I really don’t like Izzo but think I can be pretty objective when I say he has progressively gotten more emotionally unstable over the last several years....To the point he sometimes seems manic. Anger, tears of joy, delusions his team faces more hardships than everyone else and that he must be the one to help them over come....There’s a pattern there that most mental health experts would say suggested serious emotional instability. The B1G and IU enabled Bob Knight for many years until he reached a crisis stage. It ended up irreparably ruining Knight’s place in basketball history. Let’s face it...Sadly, MSU’s Athletic Department already has a reputation for enabling abuse by pretending it doesn’t exist. Hopefully the B1G will not do the same and will require this man to get help before he too reaches crisis stage.
This is on target. I have also observed some serious issues here. You have articulated it very well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT