ADVERTISEMENT

Holy ****

Schmedly_Whiplash

Sophomore
Nov 5, 2022
What a slugfest.
I thought all through this game that there's not many (any?) Boiler teams of my lifetime that survive a team like Bama, shooting like that, without getting blown out in the first half.
Kept it cool, kept playing their game. Even when Bama started hot in the 2nd half and I'm screaming "they can't shoot like this again!!??
No panic, not many questionable shots. Even with the 'kids' getting some pt.

We'll dissect it in the coming week of course, but in general, "My GOODNESS>>>>> that was an impressive win"

What a slugfest.
I thought all through this game that there's not many (any?) Boiler teams of my lifetime that survive a team like Bama, shooting like that, without getting blown out in the first half.
Kept it cool, kept playing their game. Even when Bama started hot in the 2nd half and I'm screaming "they can't shoot like this again!!??

We'll dissect it in the coming week of course, but in general, "My GOODNESS>>>>> that was an impressive win"
Yeah normally when a team shoots like that against us it's game over. We try to keep up with them on 3's. This team is different

What a slugfest.

That was one of the best basketball games I have seen ... I hate the shift from finesse to football without helmets, but if that's today's game, it was a damned good one.

It's a shame we can't beat athletic teams
Love how we responded after a loss to NU vs Iowa and showed up to this game. We also showed we are able to play the uptempo game, while playing our game. Braden was absolutely fantastic tonight. As was edey of course. Loved seeing Heide get mins and how Colvin was in down the stretch. Had a big 3 and a steal (had some good hands, although pass was right to him haha).

I'm not sure what made the NW game so special except for Boo Buie and Purdue self sabotaging with TOs and missed 3s.

Reactions: pboiler18
Love how we responded after a loss to NU vs Iowa and showed up to this game. We also showed we are able to play the uptempo game, while playing our game. Braden was absolutely fantastic tonight. As was edey of course. Loved seeing Heide get mins and how Colvin was in down the stretch. Had a big 3 and a steal (had some good hands, although pass was right to him haha).
Myles and cam getting minutes and Purdue bringing them along just fine IMO

Wonder what the record for attempted 3's is. 43 attempts is crazy

Division I - 74 (Troy)

Troy vs. George Mason, Dec. 10, 1994, made 28, which is also the Div. I record.

George Mason made 16, so the combined between the two teams of 44 is also a record. Sounding lie a broken record with that game....haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: pboiler18
Hey folks.....while we're talking about shooting records, here's one I was not aware of:

FT Percentage in a game - both teams:

100% - PURDUE (25/25) v. Wisconsin (22/22) - February 7, 1976. Purdue won the game in the old Wisconsin Field House, 85-74. No chicken sandwich for you!
My freshman year. I remember watching that game in Owen Hall.

After the NW loss I was critical of the team because they didn't seem to have that competitive killer instinct. Today I saw it from Zach, Braden, Mason, Lance, and others. Seers and co kept punching, but the Boilers punched right back and found something in the screen game with Braden. Zach was extra special tonight. Really like the contributions from Gillis, Cam, and Myles.

Grinnell in Iowa has a very unique offense and it's "their thing". They were on ESPN for a game years ago. Very little defense and get up 3's as quickly as possible.

Myles and cam getting minutes and Purdue bringing them along just fine IMO
Absolutely! Hope painter keeps playing them in spots like yesterday. I’d like to see cam get more than 8 min tho (maybe give 4-5 mins of Morton’s mins to him), but really like Colvin getting 15 in a tournament like feel game.

Absolutely! Hope painter keeps playing them in spots like yesterday. I’d like to see cam get more than 8 min tho (maybe give 4-5 mins of Morton’s mins to him), but really like Colvin getting 15 in a tournament like feel game.
I felt like yesterday was Colvin’s best game considering both ends of the court. I feel like he is progressing nicely, as is Heide. I see their roles expanding over the course of the season. They both have a lot of natural scoring ability and they are showing that they can play off of Smith and Edey.

I felt like yesterday was Colvin’s best game considering both ends of the court. I feel like he is progressing nicely, as is Heide. I see their roles expanding over the course of the season. They both have a lot of natural scoring ability and they are showing that they can play off of Smith and Edey.
Absolutely agree! I know I’ve said it over and over, but it was encouraging to see Colvin in there from what seemed the 2nd half 10 min mark to the 2-3 min mark (don’t quote me on those actual min numbers tho haha).

And I feel like that is a must for a chance at a deep run in the tournament

Reactions: Schmedly_Whiplash
I think it is in his plans, he is just a little bit more patient/stubborn (depending on how you want to view it) than most of us.
I view it as Matt knowing a bit more about the game, and what it takes, than the general fan...and shouldn't that be expected? FWIW, Myles still got really lost a couple of times away from the ball, but none of those times hurt Purdue that I can recall. It is a long season and Myles and Cam will continue to get minutes and improve. Hopefully, they peak as well as could be expected in a year the first of March. That is when I want them at their best

What a slugfest.

Ditto here, This team has beaten or went toe to toe with some extremely athletic guard oriented teams this year and won all except Ark. and we are still getting better. Yesterday I was thrilled to see Miles get more minutes. His D is improving and he seems to be unaffected by the stage, the moment, etc. Oh and the kid can create and make shots. Somehow we need to get Fletcher going more consistently. Last year I recall we used to run a lot of plays for him to get him open on the wing for 3's. This year I don't think we are doing that.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Hey folks.....while we're talking about shooting records, here's one I was not aware of:

FT Percentage in a game - both teams:

100% - PURDUE (25/25) v. Wisconsin (22/22) - February 7, 1976. Purdue won the game in the old Wisconsin Field House, 85-74. No chicken sandwich for you!
that's when we had Parker, Jordan, Walls etc

Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT