ADVERTISEMENT

Hear me out...

Abugabby

Junior
Jun 1, 2001
5 seconds left in the national championship game. Purdue is down 2 points to UCONN, with the ball out of bounds. Mason Gillis throwing in to Braden, but UCONN gets a hand on the ball and it goes bouncing out to the top of the key. Zach gathers the loose ball and launches a 3 with perfect form, nothing but net.

Would that be the greatest ending to one of the best careers in NCAA history? I would literally pass out from screaming and jumping around the house. That buzz would live in my heart FOREVER. I would watch it THOUSANDS of times for the rest of my life. I'm getting goosebumps just imagining it.

5 seconds left in the national championship game. Purdue is down 2 points to UCONN, with the ball out of bounds. Mason Gillis throwing in to Braden, but UCONN gets a hand on the ball and it goes bouncing out to the top of the key. Zach gathers the loose ball and launches a 3 with perfect form, nothing but net.

Would that be the greatest ending to one of the best careers in NCAA history? I would literally pass out from screaming and jumping around the house. That buzz would live in my heart FOREVER. I would watch it THOUSANDS of times for the rest of my life. I'm getting goosebumps just imagining it.
Same scenario I played out thousands of times in my head on my driveway court growing up. Only "I" was Zach, and the hero of the day. :)

We could all die very happy Boilermakers.

Yes, our house much prefers to blow them out. Heart attack not needed.
And if Z wants to take a 3 before he departs to Boiler lore, go for it.

I had similar thoughts except mine was Purdue steam rolling every team by 40+ pts and Edey taking a bank shot 3 after putting down 40pts 20boards 12min to go and then sitting on the bench while the walk-ons start hitting 3's to further bury Uconn. Then the crowd funds $4M to keep Edey another year.

I'd say there's very little chance of Zach being out by the 3-point line down 2 with 5 seconds left.

But you are right, that would be one helluva ending!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT