ADVERTISEMENT

Herschel Walker (R) - Sen Georgia

Would @BNIBoiler call Herschel a Gumbo Sambo to his face?

• Yes

• No

• Of course not

Results are only viewable after voting.

guidelinesa2

All-American
Sep 3, 2018
So Herschel Walker is throwing his hat in the ring for Senate in Georgia, wold @BNIBoiler call him a Gumbo Sambo race traitor to his face?

So Herschel Walker is throwing his hat in the ring for Senate in Georgia, wold @BNIBoiler call him a Gumbo Sambo race traitor to his face?

this is truly a moral dilemma for BNI. After all, Walker is an oppressed black man, who, simply because of his skin color, has undoubtedly been subjected to all sorts of racism his entire life and been put under the thumb of white privilege and white supremecy.

YET.....YET....here he is running as a black Republican.

Which side of the fence will BNI sit???

this is truly a moral dilemma for BNI. After all, Walker is an oppressed black man, who, simply because of his skin color, has undoubtedly been subjected to all sorts of racism his entire life and been put under the thumb of white privilege and white supremecy.

@BNIBoiler is a racist and a marxist , whether he realizes it or not. The only thing he can do is support the anti white anti freedom candidate.

That poster seems to have a derogatory label for any free thinking black who isn’t a Democrat. One that doesn’t chain him or herself to the Democrat party. Go Herschel go!

Come on bonefish1. I thought you knew me by now. This is easy; no moral dilemma. If I lived in Georgia, I wouldn’t vote for him. Walker has no chance in hell to win the Senate. He won’t win the repub nomination, let alone the general election. Due to his recent political stances on reparations, kneeling NFL players, Faux News appearances, he will get very little support from blacks in Georgia.

You are already late to the party. I called Walker a Gumbo/Sambo a long time ago and again when someone asked what is a Gumbo/Sambo. I responded with my explanation. Walker was definately on the list I provided. I put him in that category because if his stance on the NFL players kneeling and being a big Chump supporter.

Come on bonefish1. I thought you knew me by now. This is easy; no moral dilemma. If I lived in Georgia, I wouldn’t vote for him. Walker has no chance in hell to win the Senate. He won’t win the repub nomination, let alone the general election. Due to his recent political stances on reparations, kneeling NFL players, Faux News appearances, he will get very little support from blacks in Georgia.
Lol

You are already late to the party. I called Walker a Gumbo/Sambo a long time ago and again when someone asked what is a Gumbo/Sambo. I responded with my explanation. Walker was definately on the list I provided. I put him in that category because if his stance on the NFL players kneeling and being a big Chump supporter.

Do you think that every black American has been subjected to racism throughout their life?

Reparations, as you say, will (nor should) never happen (but if they do, I'll be in line to get mine).
Kneeling NFL players, who live in gated communities which are probably 95% white, could care less about the hood. They're just glad they got out.
And the democrat blacks won't support him because they know they gotta keep the blacks on the democrat plantation.

AOC and the squad agree with you
OK even though you and I appear to be on opposite ends of the political spectrum, your avatar meshes pretty well with my screen name. I actually have a similar one attached to my 247 account, capturing the crowd surf presumably during HH. For some reason I haven't been able to figure out how to attach an avatar on Rivals, and even though I peruse this board fairly often, today was the first time I noticed yours...

The difference between AOC/Squad and Herschel when it comes to "crazy" is that opponents of AOC label her crazy based on political differences. But Herschel is certifiable, and it was being discussed in GA long before he ever decided to run.

Warnock will be running for re-election only 2 yrs into what would normally be a six-year term. Consequently, he hasn't had any time to develop much of a record (good or bad) that would lend itself to a (flawed) candidate like Walker breaking up the coalition that just voted Warnock in...

So if Walker would happen to be the Pub nominee, you'd have 2 political novices (both Black males) fighting it out. As a former football hero, HW has name recognition. But Warnock is no slouch in that category since he is the Reverand at MLK's church (Ebenezer Baptist).

But Herchel also has a history of domestic abuse allegations preceding his entry into politics (as well as some cringe-worthy tv appearances) and that's why I refer to him as a flawed candidate...This is a month before he even announced his candidacy...

OK even though you and I appear to be on opposite ends of the political spectrum, your avatar meshes pretty well with my screen name. I actually have a similar one attached to my 247 account, capturing the crowd surf presumably during HH. For some reason I haven't been able to figure out how to attach an avatar on Rivals, and even though I peruse this board fairly often, today was the first time I noticed yours...

The difference between AOC/Squad and Herschel when it comes to "crazy" is that opponents of AOC label her crazy based on political differences. But Herschel is certifiable, and it was being discussed in GA long before he ever decided to run.

Warnock will be running for re-election only 2 yrs into what would normally be a six-year term. Consequently, he hasn't had any time to develop much of a record (good or bad) that would lend itself to a (flawed) candidate like Walker breaking up the coalition that just voted Warnock in...

So if Walker would happen to be the Pub nominee, you'd have 2 political novices (both Black males) fighting it out. As a former football hero, HW has name recognition. But Warnock is no slouch in that category since he is the Reverand at MLK's church (Ebenezer Baptist).

But Herchel also has a history of domestic abuse allegations preceding his entry into politics (as well as some cringe-worthy tv appearances) and that's why I refer to him as a flawed candidate...This is a month before he even announced his candidacy...

Some valid points about HW past but IMO I think the Dems risk alienating voters if they attack HW for mental issues in the past if he has proven he has his mental health under control especially if he has no violent history with his current family. Maybe he can even wear a mental health survivor ribbon

Do you think that every black American has been subjected to racism throughout their life?
I can’t say definitively that every black person experienced racism. I will say as high as 98% experienced racism in one form or another whether it’s jobs, school, court system, racial profiling by police. My wife experienced racism several times at the school she works. Even at Purdue is the 80’s I remember a cross or racial writings or something on the properties of the Black Cultural Center and the black fraternity house on Waldron, Alpha Phi Alpha. To be black in America you have either experienced racism or know someone who has.

Then you have all these so called crazy ass “Karens” who confront or call the police on blacks minding there on business. Selling water while being black. Barbecuing in the park while black. Cheering for for your soccer playing kid while black. Walking in the park while black. Going into your own apartment while black. On and on and on.

Some valid points about HW past but IMO I think the Dems risk alienating voters if they attack HW for mental issues in the past if he has proven he has his mental health under control especially if he has no violent history with his current family. Maybe he can even wear a mental health survivor ribbon
I actually disagree with another poster who said HW would not win the GOP nomination. I don't think these issues hurt him in the primary and he does have Trump's endorsement...

But Trump's endorsement and his domestic violence issues aren't going to help him in the general vs Warnock. Warnock won because he was able to combine the Black vote with anti-Trump suburbanites.

The whole reason Kemp appointed Loeffler over (Trump's choice) Collins to fill Isakson's seat, was that Kemp was hoping to blunt the anti-Trump sentiment in the Atlanta burbs and thought a woman would help. Walker's past does nothing to help in that regard since like Collins (and Loeffler herself) the pro-Trump sentiment was the reason they lost. And in the current political climate, domestic abuse allegations are a millstone around your neck...

Watch the tightrope Youngin is having to try and walk in Virginia, trying to avoid angering pro-Trump Pubs but keeping support for his campaign from Trump out of the headlines. Being associated with Trump is great in deep Red states, but in places like Virginia or the Atlanta suburbs, it's the kiss of death.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
I actually disagree with another poster who said HW would not win the GOP nomination. I don't think these issues hurt him in the primary and he does have Trump's endorsement...

But Trump's endorsement and his domestic violence issues aren't going to help him in the general vs Warnock. Warnock won because he was able to combine the Black vote with anti-Trump suburbanites.

The whole reason Kemp appointed Loeffler over (Trump's choice) Collins to fill Isakson's seat, was that Kemp was hoping to blunt the anti-Trump sentiment in the Atlanta burbs and thought a woman would help. Walker's past does nothing to help in that regard since like Collins (and Loeffler herself) the pro-Trump sentiment was the reason they lost. And in the current political climate, domestic abuse allegations are a millstone around your neck...

Watch the tightrope Youngin is having to try and walk in Virginia, trying to avoid angering pro-Trump Pubs but keeping support for his campaign from Trump out of the headlines. Being associated with Trump is great in deep Red states, but in places like Virginia or the Atlanta suburbs, it's the kiss of death.
Except IMO Trump looks like a genius compared to Biden. Voters can clearly see before and after and realize things were better under Trump. I’d agree with you that Trump would be a liability if the country was running better under Biden but the Dems own the trifecta in the WH, Senate and House

You wouldn't say that to his face mother****er. You know it.

I can’t say definitively that every black person experienced racism. I will say as high as 98% experienced racism in one form or another whether it’s jobs, school, court system, racial profiling by police. My wife experienced racism several times at the school she works. Even at Purdue is the 80’s I remember a cross or racial writings or something on the properties of the Black Cultural Center and the black fraternity house on Waldron, Alpha Phi Alpha. To be black in America you have either experienced racism or know someone who has.

Then you have all these so called crazy ass “Karens” who confront or call the police on blacks minding there on business. Selling water while being black. Barbecuing in the park while black. Cheering for for your soccer playing kid while black. Walking in the park while black. Going into your own apartment while black. On and on and on.
BNI...I have to ask you because your stories are so similar to a black man from the region that used to post on Mr. Hoops with the moniker Capt'n or something close. Would that be you here on GBI? The above story is as identical as I remember...and was thinking this prior to this post!

Don't disagree on the tight rope analogy. But Republican Georgia senate candidates actually did better when Trump was on the ballot, then when he wasn't in run off election. Perdue beat Ossof straight up on election day, but wasn't at 50%.

Also factor mid term out of power party election, and disaster of Biden presidency so far, as of today any republican would likely project to beat Warnock. Polls won't show that today, because they won't probably predict turnout. Certainly things could change, but trending bad for democrats as of today.

BNI...I have to ask you because your stories are so similar to a black man from the region that used to post on Mr. Hoops with the moniker Capt'n or something close. Would that be you here on GBI? The above story is as identical as I remember...and was thinking this prior to this post!
No sir. I never heard of Mr. Hoops. Which story? The one about the cross burning/racial writings on the Alpha Phi Alpha and Black Cultural Center properties? Perhaps he was at Purdue at the time also.

No sir. I never heard of Mr. Hoops. Which story? The one about the cross burning/racial writings on the Alpha Phi Alpha and Black Cultural Center properties? Perhaps he was at Purdue at the time also.
He wrote the same thing about the burning/racial writings. I believe he was somewhat of a friend of Joe Barry and no doubt was there at the same time...maybe a bit older than you, but not sure. Had I known his real name...you probably know him. Mr Hoops was a Purdue forum that GBI offered to buy years ago and Bob and Brad (founders) wanted to keep it free. It basically was a start from the old Indystar days. It still exists but not like its glory days. His writing style was different than yours in that he purposely used more slang and participated on the basketball side, but shared your passion and view on race relations. Your writing made me think you were not him, but you shared a similar passion and told the same story above and thought...well maybe you are he.

edit...come to think of it he was Captn of his boat that I think he used in Lake Michigan. Over two decades ago and a lot of posts since then...

Except IMO Trump looks like a genius compared to Biden. Voters can clearly see before and after and realize things were better under Trump. I’d agree with you that Trump would be a liability if the country was running better under Biden but the Dems own the trifecta in the WH, Senate and House

But the dems, lefties and libs are literally so stupid, that even with all of Biden's F-ups in his first 8 months, they'll still claim they'd prefer him over Trump (because Trump's a meanie).

But the dems, lefties and libs are literally so stupid, that even with all of Biden's F-ups in his first 8 months, they'll still claim they'd prefer him over Trump (because Trump's a meanie).
Trump was a mean tweeter...close to a mean mistreater

Reactions: Fansince72
The LA Times called Larry Elder the face of white supremacy, I'm sure similar things will be printed about Walker.
The LA Times are correct. Elder, Walker, and the rest of the Gumbo/Sambo crowd perpetuate white supremacy.

Herschel is a LEGEND in GA. Young Black kids grew up wanting to be Herschel. I think you'll find that they'll vote for the man, more than the Party.

If you're constantly looking for Racism, you'll find it, whether it's real or imagined. If you go through life constantly looking to be offended, you'll spend most of your life offended.

Lighten up, relax and a lot of the racism you seem to be finding will probably go away. Most people don't care about race, one way or the other, despite all the HYPER focus that the Dems keep putting on it lately. As more and more Blacks leave the Dem plantation, the Dems have to beat the Racism drum louder to bring them back.

I've never really understood or fully appreciated the sales pitch that the Dems gave to the Blacks in the US to join their Party. Lincoln, a Republican, freed the slaves. The Slave States were all run by Democrats. The KKK was started by Democrats. Jim Crow laws were written by Democrats, yet somehow they convince you to vote for them. Why? Makes no sense.

Blacks are being scammed by a Party that only cares about you during an election cycle, then they forget all about you. A lot of Black people are waking up and leaving the Dems. They give Blacks failing school systems in inner cities and get you hooked on welfare and you never get to climb the ladder of success. Some get out of that cycle, but most don't.

It's the modern form of slavery. Keep people uneducated and dependent on the government and we'll keep the checks coming, if you vote for us.

Now the Dems are saying that Voter ID laws are designed to suppress the Black vote. I know quite a few Black people and I don't know one of them, who doesn't have a driver's license with their picture on it. Why is the need for a picture ID to vote, only going to suppress the Black vote. It appears that the Dems are saying that Blacks are incapable of getting a picture ID, for whatever reason. That sounds a bit insulting to me. They NEVER talk about the votes of any other race being suppressed by Voter ID laws. There you go. I think I found some Racism for you.

Don't disagree on the tight rope analogy. But Republican Georgia senate candidates actually did better when Trump was on the ballot, then when he wasn't in run off election. Perdue beat Ossof straight up on election day, but wasn't at 50%.

Also factor mid term out of power party election, and disaster of Biden presidency so far, as of today any republican would likely project to beat Warnock. Polls won't show that today, because they won't probably predict turnout. Certainly things could change, but trending bad for democrats as of today.
As I recall, Republican turnout was dramatically lower for the runoff election, than the General, which was unfortunate.

C'mon Man, you know everything clashes with Orange...LOL

The LA Times called Larry Elder the face of white supremacy, I'm sure similar things will be printed about Walker.
That just shows you that ideology carries more weight, than race. If you don't bow before the Shrine of Woke Leftness, you can lose your Blackness. Who knew?

Reactions: bonefish1
The LA Times are correct. Elder, Walker, and the rest of the Gumbo/Sambo crowd perpetuate white supremacy.
That's silly.

There is nothing I like more than listening to Lebron James talking about White Supremacy & White Privilege.

Most of that Supremacy & Privilege isn't White, it's Green.

• Love
Reactions: Boiler Buck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT