ADVERTISEMENT

Henry decommits

Sounds like he's having some issues of some sort. Guessing he needs to stay home and will go to SMU.

It is funny how the WR position was such a strength of your team for 3 to 4 years.

I guess when we start getting those SEC type WRs in the transfer portal this year the coaching staff will show us.

Or we lost our Texas recruiter
I mean 2 de-commits now in 6 months for the kid. Says those 6 months have not been good for him. Sounds personal to me and the offer list is not great but the school 30 miles away is on it. Who knows but reading between the lines he needs to go to SMU. Imo

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Just realized Walters, Harrell, and another assistant were in Texas yesterday so who knows what may have happened

Well that's not good. Even if he's having issues, he would have had a shot at playing time.

Pressure is on to add players through the portal - ones that can have immediate impacts. Walters will either show he's an elite recruiter or we hope his staff can develop players.

This is a very important month for the program.

Don't like to lose a 4 star but his list of suitors is less than impressive (unless he's really strong academically). Vanderbilt, Stanford, Texas Tech, SMU

I think Walters needs to hit the portal hard for WRs coming from SEC schools and maybe the McCulley kid from iu. Land 2 playmakers and you've upgraded the entire unit.

Don't like to lose a 4 star but his list of suitors is less than impressive (unless he's really strong academically). Vanderbilt, Stanford, Texas Tech, SMU

I think Walters needs to hit the portal hard for WRs coming from SEC schools and maybe the McCulley kid from iu. Land 2 playmakers and you've upgraded the entire unit.
Agreed. Losses of Burks and Henry sting (Burks more than Henry) but entirely possible to upgrade the entire unit. That being said, I dont know how attractive Harrells offense is for these WRs entering the portal.

Reactions: Boiler8285
Agreed. Losses of Burks and Henry sting (Burks more than Henry) but entirely possible to upgrade the entire unit. That being said, I dont know how attractive Harrells offense is for these WRs entering the portal.
I don't know if any of the 3 starting WR are secure, so you can definitely sell an opportunity to start from day 1.
If Card can get some better OL protection, I think he's a good enough passer to make the PU offense attractive to a big time WR.

I don't know if any of the 3 starting WR are secure, so you can definitely sell an opportunity to start from day 1.
If Card can get some better OL protection, I think he's a good enough passer to make the PU offense attractive to a big time WR.
Obviously big time receivers don’t share your optimism. McCulley already said rumors of his interest in coming to Purdue were false!

It’s nice of the poster above to criticize the receiver and question his talent just because he had few other offers. When he committed to Purdue you all praised him as being 4 stars and made no mention of his other offers or that he had previously decommitted from another school. But after he decomitted from Purdue , you throw him under the bus and say he must not have been that great!

The reality is he would have been better than any other receiver Purdue currently has.

I guess Purdue can always go to a wishbone offense. That seems to be a Texas thing.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see that 4 star TE follow everyone else’s lead and decomit

Obviously big time receivers don’t share your optimism. McCulley already said rumors of his interest in coming to Purdue were false!

It’s nice of the poster above to criticize the receiver and question his talent just because he had few other offers. When he committed to Purdue you all praised him as being 4 stars and made no mention of his other offers or that he had previously decommitted from another school. But after he decomitted from Purdue , you throw him under the bus and say he must not have been that great!

The reality is he would have been better than any other receiver Purdue currently has.

I guess Purdue can always go to a wishbone offense. That seems to be a Texas thing.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see that 4 star TE follow everyone else’s lead and decomit
One decommit for a player is not unusual. I think there is general agreement that Henry is very talented, and obviously it's disappointing that he chose to go elsewhere, but just because we've lost a couple of middling wide receivers from our current roster does not mean that every talented WR has written us off. We are quite naturally looking for other explanations, and it's possible that he has chosen to play closer to home for personal reasons. It's also possible that despite a 4-star rating, some programs have been hesitant to recruit him.

I'm sure you wouldn't be shocked if the 4-star TE left. It must be nice to be that jaded or cynical about the state of our program.

I have no idea where the wishbone thing came from.

Reactions: pu1985 and krf3632

McCulley got a Mich offer today

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see you claim anything and then say "see" when something happens.

Here’s the Henry replacement offer. He won the WR MVP award for the state of Indiana, which is pretty impressive considering the talent at the top of the 24’ class.

Last edited:
lol says the guy who constantly talks about all the great players that returned and suddenly were bad or "flushed" but has yet to name a single solitary one.
We lacked depth. We lacked depth while Brohm was here. That’s Purdue football as long as I’ve known it. Good coaches minimize their weaknesses. This coach chose to amplify them and deserves criticism.

• Haha
Reactions: Bippus33 and z_one
We lacked depth. We lacked depth while Brohm was here. That’s Purdue football as long as I’ve known it. Good coaches minimize their weaknesses. This coach chose to amplify them and deserves criticism.
Brohm under recruited for his last two years. Paying a guy 6 million a year should get his best. We didn't get his best toward the end. Just look at the classes. No quarterback that was able to start. And that is out of the players that stayed. He always had an eye toward Louisville and he never gave 100%. Kept a house in Louisville, he was almost like a employee during covid doing his work on zoom for the last two years.

Brohm under recruited for his last two years. Paying a guy 6 million a year should get his best. We didn't get his best toward the end. Just look at the classes. No quarterback that was able to start. And that is out of the players that stayed. He always had an eye toward Louisville and he never gave 100%. Kept a house in Louisville, he was almost like a employee during covid doing his work on zoom for the last two years.
Blame blame blame.

We need more with less rather than less with more.

Reactions: Bippus33
Blame blame blame.

We need more with less rather than less with more.
Facts, facts, facts. When you stop being a Brohm butt kisser and start talking facts, then I'll take you seriously. Until then, you're just the guy that thought Brady Allen was the second coming. LOL

Last edited:
You're getting closer and closer to accepting reality. We'll get you there one day.

Reactions: z_one
Here’s the Henry replacement offer. He won the WR MVP award for the state of Indiana, which is pretty impressive considering the talent at the top of the 24’ class.
Saw his film. Good size. Makes plays after the catch. Not sure about his speed. Hard to tell going up against other IN high school kids. Kind of surprised at his lack of offers. Anyone know why that is?

Reactions: z_one and pboiler18
You're getting closer and closer to accepting reality. We'll get you there one day.
The reality that the talent level wasn’t worse this year on the average than it ever has been, that it won’t get better and that the coach needs to adapt to win games?

I’ve been there, bud!

Saw his film. Good size. Makes plays after the catch. Not sure about his speed. Hard to tell going up against other IN high school kids. Kind of surprised at his lack of offers. Anyone know why that is?
think he looks pretty good, according to Henry we're still in it for him so you never know

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT