ADVERTISEMENT

Henry decommits

The reality that the talent level wasn’t worse this year on the average than it ever has been, that it won’t get better and that the coach needs to adapt to win games?

I’ve been there, bud!
It was. The QB and premier WR were missing, no? That's how we won all our games in recent years.

Recruiting is already improved, and here you are making definitive statements that Purdue with Walters absolutely cannot get any good players. You made your mind up the second the hire was announced.

It was. The QB and premier WR were missing, no? That's how we won all our games in recent years.

Recruiting is already improved, and here you are making definitive statements that Purdue with Walters absolutely cannot get any good players. You made your mind up the second the hire was announced.
How has recruiting improved. None of these kids have signed yet. It looks like Brohm did a far better job in the portal than Walters has. Plenty to be determined there…but the list of transfer prospects even looking at us is less than impressive. And why…because players can watch tape and know that outside of a few positions we don’t really feature them well on either side of the ball.

I also haven’t been down on Walters for attracting players…I’ve simply said that his scheme to this point has gotten less out of more…and doesn’t give the team any advantages to overcome the talent gap that always has and always will exist between the top of the conference and us.

I’d love for the baseline talent of the program to rise. That said, even if it rises and that talent is poorly utilized…it matters none. We will still be bad.

I’m not sitting here and hoping for bad schedules to win like the rest of you. I’d like to recruit good players and play good schemes so we can beat good teams. None of that happened this year and with the pressure this D scheme puts on individuals, I’m not hopeful for improvement next year.

Reactions: WarrenCoBoiler
How has recruiting improved. None of these kids have signed yet. It looks like Brohm did a far better job in the portal than Walters has. Plenty to be determined there…but the list of transfer prospects even looking at us is less than impressive. And why…because players can watch tape and know that outside of a few positions we don’t really feature them well on either side of the ball.

I also haven’t been down on Walters for attracting players…I’ve simply said that his scheme to this point has gotten less out of more…and doesn’t give the team any advantages to overcome the talent gap that always has and always will exist between the top of the conference and us.

I’d love for the baseline talent of the program to rise. That said, even if it rises and that talent is poorly utilized…it matters none. We will still be bad.

I’m not sitting here and hoping for bad schedules to win like the rest of you. I’d like to recruit good players and play good schemes so we can beat good teams. None of that happened this year and with the pressure this D scheme puts on individuals, I’m not hopeful for improvement next year.
Shouldn't we give them a chance to sign before saying Brohm did a much better job? That last couple of years of recruiting under Brohm sucked and you know it! He had a great class at UL because he dumped Purdue and got to UL in good time to secure Satterfields recruits. He will do well at UL because he is invested there. He was never invested in Purdue.

So if Brohm wasn’t invested and Walters is, then Walters will win a lot more games than Brohm did, right ?
Depends on if he can coach or not. Brohm can coach, I have never said that he couldn't. He could have done better than he did if he had been invested in Purdue. It was obvious that he wasn't. Walters on the other hand is as of yet unproven. Of course you have already determined that he can't coach. I'm willing to give him a chance to put things together because, 1. I have no other choice 2. There are moments of brilliance scattered among the clouds of cluttered confusion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT