ADVERTISEMENT

Did we pick up speed?

pulax78

Gold Member
Sep 20, 2001
Plantation, FL
I'm reading the accalades of our WR, TE, DE, CB - but I'm not seeing their 40s. Are we getting faster? We need to to compete.

I'm reading the accalades of our WR, TE, DE, CB - but I'm not seeing their 40s. Are we getting faster? We need to to compete.
We usually only get 1-2 players with elite speed. The high school recruiting class we inked has 6-8 players with elite speed. If you look at other attributes Purdue is getting- lots of the class 31st rated class (good for us historically):

Play multiple sports
Good kids that lead
Getting kids from marquee football programs
Play 2-way, 3-way and a few 4-way players
(offense, defense, kick-off return and punt return)
Height at positions we’ve been short (defensive backs and receivers)
The majority of our recruits coming from states we never recruited let alone getting players (majority of the class- Ohio, Texas, Illinois, Tennessee, Alabama, Florida, Michigan, etc)
Kids with “an attitude” and are better mule-like hitters.

I have not done a lot to review the transfer commits, but there’s several elite speed there (7th rated class, excellent).

I love they type of players the coaching staff has gone after. Even after a dismal first year I still love how kids are connecting with these young coaches.

My biggest concern- offensive line and the play-calling from Graham Harrell. Did not see any improvement throughout the year. They are getting excellent QB and receivers, but lack of red zone scoring and counter-type playcalling has been sub-par to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT