ADVERTISEMENT

Health of our society

Actually I’m not changing teams. I didn’t vote for Trump in the primary but did in the general elections and I’ll do the same in 2024. Trump’s policies were very good for the US but his personality was not.. So I take it you’re proud of your votes for HRC and Biden?
You want DeSantis to get 8 years but will vote for trump again. You should think it through a little more.

I'm not proud of our politics in any way whatsoever. However, I don't have any regrets about my last two presidential votes in the least.

• Haha
Reactions: Boiler Buck
You want DeSantis to get 8 years but will vote for trump again. You should think it through a little more.

I'm not proud of our politics in any way whatsoever. However, I don't have any regrets about my last two presidential votes in the least.
lol imagine being a grown man and voting for Hillary. Props to you for admitting it though

You're essentially saying the most votes wins? This is why there's something called "the electoral college" in the POTUS elections.
He doesn’t seem to understand the difference between a pure democracy and our Constitutional Republic. Or the reasons our form of federal government was set up the way it was - “the tyranny of the masses”.

A ruling that the majority of the public approves was just overturned by justices who were mostly appointed by presidents that lost the popular vote and we’re mostly confirmed by a senate that represents a minority of the country. Does anybody think that this is healthy for our society? What can we do to fix this?
“Elections have consequences”
-Barack H. Obama circa 2009

I have thought it through thoroughly. Desantis has the successful track record and toughness without the Trump drama. Either one would be light years better than Biden, Harris, HRC....
It's indisputable Biden has made the country worse not better than Trump

You're essentially saying the most votes wins? This is why there's something called "the electoral college" in the POTUS elections.

Never heard of it. What is that!?!?

Do you think a system is stable where the majority of the public is continually ignored?

Do you think a system is stable where the majority of the public is continually ignored?
Do you believe in state rights? And I thought you were for the party that supported minorities?

Nope. Just saying that if the government continuously refuses to respond to the wishes of the populace, bad things are bound to happen. Happens over and over in history. Fully understand that I won’t agree with everything that is done.
Nah, just “peaceful” protests

• Haha
Reactions: BSIT
Don’t believe I states rights to limit human rights. Don’t support the ability of a minority to strip rights from others
Then you don’t believe in our Constitutional Republic form of government. You want a “pure democracy” which basically doesn’t exist in the entire world and never has.

Why didn’t you say this a week ago and spare us all your bullshit questions along the way?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris P Bacon
I’ve seen this on Twitter a lot. Are you going to give credit to whom you got it from?
Is this the only place you have friends?
A ruling that the majority of the public approves was just overturned by justices who were mostly appointed by presidents that lost the popular vote and we’re mostly confirmed by a senate that represents a minority of the country. Does anybody think that this is healthy for our society? What can we do to fix this?
You won't get much love here as you are mostly going to get arguments from midwestern white males who still believe Trump won the election and who think they should tell women what to do and blame everything on "liberals" including when their Taco Bell order is wrong. Most don't understand the historical factors that affect gas prices so they blame the Democrats. Most don't understand all the issues around abortion, nor do they care to, nor are they capable of being pregnant and having to make a choice about their own bodies (unless its a jab) or having that choice taken away, so they scream "liberals". The system is clearly broken. Our society is clearly a mess. I hope someday we have two candidates, both Republican and Democrat, that people can say "wow, they are both so good I don't know who to vote for" but I won't hold my breath.

If I can interrupt your sobbing for just a moment - can you please provide the long list of actions by the government where the majority were "continually ignored"?

The majority of the public approves abortion to some degree, yes, but that doesn't mean they support the ruling nor does that mean the ruling was correct. Roe v Wade was a poorly written decision. The change made recently was the correct one. Abortion wasn't made illegal, it's just not a federal issue but a state one, since there is no place in the constitution that talks about abortion in any way shape or form.

Last edited:
I’m just asking if a result like this is healthy. I don’t know the best knob to adjust but clearly something isn’t working.

When you have a system the continually ignores the wishes of the public things will not end well. Happens countless times throughout history.
I'll tell you what knob to twist. Get people to stop listening to the lying left media. That's why so many believe that overturning Roe will make abortion illegal. It doesn't. Stop misinforming people and we won't have a problem.

As I’ve said numerous times, is it possible to get anything done without a supermajority in the senate? That happened the last time 12 years ago for a couple months.

A majority supported decision was overturned by justices appointed and confirmed by candidates that a minority of people voted for. People voted and their votes didn’t mean anything. My life is fine. None of this effects me all that much but I’m wondering How long will this continue with people remaining civil?
Who cares what the majority opinion was. People have opinions all the time. Doesn't make them right. The court did the right thing. Roe was a bad decision and overturning it was the right thing. The states these mouth breathers live in won't take away abortion and in fact several will allow it all the way up to birth.

Actually I’m not changing teams. I didn’t vote for Trump in the primary but did in the general elections and I’ll do the same in 2024. Trump’s policies were very good for the US but his personality was not.. So I take it you’re proud of your votes for HRC and Biden?
Bingo. Trump was a dick, but his policies were fantastic.

Lol the writer is biblically ignorant with this statement:

AS WITH HOMOSEXUALITY and a number of other topics that seem to so energize and enrage conservative Christians, abortion is hardly mentioned in the Bible.

I thought a huge red wave was coming in 2022 and 2024 but the Supreme Court recently is making me reconsider my predictions

the great news is, in 80 years, my great-great-grandkids (or their generation) will be reading about all of this in a history book and find all of it incredibly boring lol
People will understand in short time that overturning Roe didn't do much. They won't forget the pain to their bank account.

You should. I don't know how you can't considering the state of our country right now. How can you be this nuts?

He doesn’t seem to understand the difference between a pure democracy and our Constitutional Republic. Or the reasons our form of federal government was set up the way it was - “the tyranny of the masses”.
I've had people here before trying to tell me we don't live in a republic. We have a democracy.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Is this the only place you have friends?

You won't get much love here as you are mostly going to get arguments from midwestern white males who still believe Trump won the election and who think they should tell women what to do and blame everything on "liberals" including when their Taco Bell order is wrong. Most don't understand the historical factors that affect gas prices so they blame the Democrats. Most don't understand all the issues around abortion, nor do they care to, nor are they capable of being pregnant and having to make a choice about their own bodies (unless its a jab) or having that choice taken away, so they scream "liberals". The system is clearly broken. Our society is clearly a mess. I hope someday we have two candidates, both Republican and Democrat, that people can say "wow, they are both so good I don't know who to vote for" but I won't hold my breath.
Doesn't surprise me you have something dumb to say, just like the other day. You don't get tired of being wrong do you.

Maybe. Maybe not. Depends how desperate people are and how powerless they are to operate within the system
Something else to consider. Dem politicians have been trying to push for abortion to be legal up till the point of birth, but most Americans think that is wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT