ADVERTISEMENT

Health of our society

mdthornb

True Freshman
Dec 15, 2007
A ruling that the majority of the public approves was just overturned by justices who were mostly appointed by presidents that lost the popular vote and we’re mostly confirmed by a senate that represents a minority of the country. Does anybody think that this is healthy for our society? What can we do to fix this?

A ruling that the majority of the public approves was just overturned by justices who were mostly appointed by presidents that lost the popular vote and we’re mostly confirmed by a senate that represents a minority of the country. Does anybody think that this is healthy for our society? What can we do to fix this?
I’ve seen this on Twitter a lot. Are you going to give credit to whom you got it from?

I’ve seen this on Twitter a lot. Are you going to give credit to whom you got it from?

I’m not on Twitter. And the only place I see Twitter posts Is on here. It is a pretty obvious point that I haven’t seen brought up here.

I’m not on Twitter. And the only place I see Twitter posts Is on here. It is a pretty obvious point that I haven’t seen brought up here.
How do you know that a majority of the public approves of Roe v Wade? Has their been a nationwide questionnaire or something of the sort to ensure we have accurate data on that? Do you want to get rid of the Electoral College then since it seems that you believe the popular vote is more important and would you like to abolish the rules that enabled the Senate to do what was within the rules that they did? You’re basically asking how we change things so they fit your wants and needs.

How do you know that a majority of the public approves of Roe v Wade? Has their been a nationwide questionnaire or something of the sort to ensure we have accurate data on that? Do you want to get rid of the Electoral College then since it seems that you believe the popular vote is more important and would you like to abolish the rules that enabled the Senate to do what was within the rules that they did? You’re basically asking how we change things so they fit your wants and needs.

Research is done all the time on the public opinion of issues.

I’m asking if this is healthy for society. Don’t care what the current rules are.

If the majority approve of it like you say, then codifying abortion to make it legal shouldn’t be a problem, right?

Research is done all the time on the public opinion of issues.

I’m asking if this is healthy for society. Don’t care what the current rules are.
Research doesn’t mean hard data but thanks. And I know you don’t care what the current rules are, you made that obvious by questioning them.

If the majority approve of it like you say, then codifying abortion to make it legal shouldn’t be a problem, right?

Didn’t you read the part about the senate not representing a majority of the country?

Also, did you forget our recent conversations about the filibuster?

To fix this we offer all those unhappy with this country a free ticket out of this country with the promise to revoke their citizenship.
🤣

I imagine the people that were beaten, shot and mugged, as well as places burnt out during the DEM's left's "Summer of Rage" and the last month.... found it fairly unhealty.

Okay. What does that have to do with my original question?

Didn’t you read the part about the senate not representing a majority of the country?

Also, did you forget our recent conversations about the filibuster?
Did you miss the part about the Democrats currently having a majority in the Senate? And if it’s as truly lopsided as you insinuate, then the filibuster shouldn’t be an issue either, should it?

And honestly, I’m having trouble keeping track of where your issue lie. Is it with the Constitution? The Senate? The filibuster? Our democratic republic? The USSC? Something else? Or you just wanting to burn it all down?

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Did you miss the part about the Democrats currently having a majority in the Senate? And if it’s as truly lopsided as you insinuate, then the filibuster shouldn’t be an issue either, should it?

And honestly, I’m having trouble keeping track of where your issue lie. Is it with the Constitution? The Senate? The filibuster? Our democratic republic? The USSC? Something else? Or you just wanting to burn it all down?

I’m just asking if a result like this is healthy. I don’t know the best knob to adjust but clearly something isn’t working.

When you have a system the continually ignores the wishes of the public things will not end well. Happens countless times throughout history.

I’m just asking if a result like this is healthy. I don’t know the best knob to adjust but clearly something isn’t working.

When you have a system the continually ignores the wishes of the public things will not end well. Happens countless times throughout history.
But that’s why it’s paramount that you understand the concepts of a constitutional republic, as opposed to a true democracy, which is essentially mob rule.

But that’s why it’s paramount that you understand the concepts of a constitutional republic, as opposed to a true democracy, which is essentially mob rule.

I understand the difference. Mob rule won’t work either but our system is clearly not working as is. You will get mob rule eventually if you don’t correct the issues.

ADVERTISEMENT