ADVERTISEMENT

Has ship sailed on TJD?

I had heard that IU looked less than impressive in their HH thing and I heard that from an IU fan in attendance. If so, I'm a little confused why an elite recruit would be heavily swayed by it.
Reports in the IUStar were that the event was "all about the recruits". They know right now they suck so they threw all the love at the recruits they could to show them the love since that seems to matter more to a lot of these kids today more so than what can the program really do for them and how can they help the program.

Reactions: TC4THREE
I had heard that IU looked less than impressive in their HH thing and I heard that from an IU fan in attendance. If so, I'm a little confused why an elite recruit would be heavily swayed by it.
You are correct, they were really sloppy during the scrimmage. They are most likely in for a rough year.

Reactions: TC4THREE
Reports in the IUStar were that the event was "all about the recruits". They know right now they suck so they threw all the love at the recruits they could to show them the love since that seems to matter more to a lot of these kids today more so than what can the program really do for them and how can they help the program.

Got it. So it was pretty much an event for college students and grown men to pump up the egos of 16-17 year old kids while demonstrating to the current team that this is going to be a throw-away season.

Shouldn't these recruits be just a little nervous about the Miller connection to the FBI investigation that will ultimately lead to NCAA problems?

Shouldn't these recruits be just a little nervous about the Miller connection to the FBI investigation that will ultimately lead to NCAA problems?
I'm sure Little Archie learned a lot from his older brother about coaching. Including how to hide things and convince high school students that "Everything will be okay".

I'm sure Little Archie learned a lot from his older brother about coaching. Including how to hide things and convince high school students that "Everything will be okay".
If Little Archie is telling recruits that everything will be OK in Bloomington, that may be a huge understatement. Especially considering what is likely to happen in the next few weeks.

Lol nice. I liked his post until that backhanded compliment at the end.

Could be wrong, but I think you may have misinterpreted his meaning. The way I initially read it, it seemed to me that he was saying it would level the playing field for programs that follow the rules.

As far as the recruiting situation, I think TJD is more than likely going to end up at IU. I don't see how someone could say Brooks is a lock for any team at the moment. I think I read somewhere that there is an Indiana connection of some sort, but nothing to indicate they're in the lead. Most of the IU fans on HSN have us trailing MSU in that recruitment at the very least. In fact, I'd say we're probably in better shape with Matthew Hurt than we are with Brooks.

The sloppy scrimmage doesn't surprise me in the least and I'm expecting a very unpredictable IU team this year. After all, this is the first time they're being taught how to play defense and run a half court offense at the collegiate level. They have the talent to make a splash, but a few months isn't enough time to break all of the old habits and instill the proper ones.

I wouldn't say we're leading for Brooks. It's probably a toss up between IU and MSU with a chance for UK to get in the mix. TJD will be a Hoosier. Things are looking very good for Romeo and Garland as well. Jerry Meyer now has IU landing both Garland and Romeo.

Nothing like a guy who likes to beat a dead horse(JTs injury among other things) telling others not to beat a dead horse.
The problem is when a person says something that goes against the norm people abuse the person , harass the person and call that person a troll among other things! Many times that person is right! You may not like the message or the way a person says something, but in the end if the person is right, you need to admit it and cut the person some slack rather than using every thread to call out and abuse that person. Some of your contributions are less than being worthy. Ask yourself, What was the last piece of information of substance you provided other than calling somebody a troll? If that's your biggest contribution, maybe it's time you left this board! I'm sorry I was right about JT! But I stood my ground rather than be bullied even if it meant upsetting people! Rather than calling others names, I defended my speculation. On a slow news day with no real information to talk about, some of you all you do is turn on and berate others! I've been around sports forums long enough to realize that's what the majority of sports forum posters do! I've seen the same posts since the beginning of the site! You're a troll leave our hallowed sports forum! You must be an IU fan! As Jim Rome would say, have a take! Contribute something of substance! While unpopular maybe boilermaker 1973 is actually on to something! You don't like the way he or I come across? Sorry! Rather than cutting the person down, try looking at what is said from a different perspective! In the end, those people who the majority call trolls are usually right and you hate them more! The facts remain we haven't been to the final 4 in a while. Additionally, those people who are always super positive can also be super annoying to others! I've been a brewers fan forever! Every year their fans talk about how great their farm system is and how in 2-3 years they will win it all. And they don't take the time to realize how great the opposition is! All they do is compare the current team to the past team! Well duh, other teams have improved too!

This board is sometimes comical! You read one thread where people cut down Tyger! He's no Isaiah! But then a new thread announces he is making an official visit and then those same people can't wait to sing his praise! The Phinisee threads are also fun to read, especially after he commuted to IU. Has he changed? No! But your opinions of his talent sure have. Castleman is another example! I'm sure he's a fine player, but after Dow committed , your opinion of him changed!

So Who is TJD? Boilermaker1973 thinks he's going to IU! Whether you like him or his opinions, to answer the op's question, has the TJD ship sailed? The obvious answer is probably YES! Painter has a lot of other players he's targeting! Do I care TJD may sign with IU ? No because I'd rather talk about players actually interested in Purdue!
The TJD ship much like the Langford ship has sailed! What is their new port? Does it really matter? And if TJD signs with IU, will boilermaker 1973 post on this board I was right and the rest of you can just F off! Probably! I know I would !

Sorry for being so brief!

If Little Archie is telling recruits that everything will be OK in Bloomington, that may be a huge understatement. Especially considering what is likely to happen in the next few weeks.
What do you mean by the last sentence? What kind of news is brewing down south?

What do you mean by the last sentence? What kind of news is brewing down south?

Darius Garland. #8 overall composite. 2018 PG. Lives in Nashville, grew up primarily in Indiana.
Romeo Langford. #5 overall composite. 2018 SG. New Albany, Indiana.

Darius Garland. #8 overall composite. 2018 PG. Lives in Nashville, grew up primarily in Indiana.
Romeo Langford. #5 overall composite. 2018 SG. New Albany, Indiana.
Ok so you are saying they are done deals? I wouldn't be surprised by Romeo - it is a great sales pitch you could build for him.

If they do end up getting both of them, not sure how that works out of Damezi and Phinisee. Feel like they will be the odd men out next year. That's just my 2 cents.

Ok so you are saying they are done deals? I wouldn't be surprised by Romeo - it is a great sales pitch you could build for him.

If they do end up getting both of them, not sure how that works out of Damezi and Phinisee. Feel like they will be the odd men out next year. That's just my 2 cents.

Interestingly enough, the word is that Garland is much more the "already done deal" (though until a recruit announces and signs I guess there's no such thing). Romeo is the "all but done deal".

As for Damezi and Phinisee? Excellent players want to play and practice with excellent players.

I'll put it in Purdue terms: Haas was a top 100 recruit. Hammons didn't scare him off - in fact, having Hammons was a positive, even though Haas didn't get many minutes when Hammons was still there. When Hammons left Haas started to get all the minutes he could handle/stay on the court for.

In other words, IU will not have too many PGs, forwards, or anything else. The best and most experienced players will play more, the lesser/less experienced players will develop. Evidence of that? Both Damezi and Rob have been quoted about their recruiting efforts to get Garland and Romeo to join them at IU.

Last edited:
The problem is when a person says something that goes against the norm people abuse the person , harass the person and call that person a troll among other things! Many times that person is right! You may not like the message or the way a person says something, but in the end if the person is right, you need to admit it and cut the person some slack rather than using every thread to call out and abuse that person. Some of your contributions are less than being worthy. Ask yourself, What was the last piece of information of substance you provided other than calling somebody a troll? If that's your biggest contribution, maybe it's time you left this board! I'm sorry I was right about JT! But I stood my ground rather than be bullied even if it meant upsetting people! Rather than calling others names, I defended my speculation. On a slow news day with no real information to talk about, some of you all you do is turn on and berate others! I've been around sports forums long enough to realize that's what the majority of sports forum posters do! I've seen the same posts since the beginning of the site! You're a troll leave our hallowed sports forum! You must be an IU fan! As Jim Rome would say, have a take! Contribute something of substance! While unpopular maybe boilermaker 1973 is actually on to something! You don't like the way he or I come across? Sorry! Rather than cutting the person down, try looking at what is said from a different perspective! In the end, those people who the majority call trolls are usually right and you hate them more! The facts remain we haven't been to the final 4 in a while. Additionally, those people who are always super positive can also be super annoying to others! I've been a brewers fan forever! Every year their fans talk about how great their farm system is and how in 2-3 years they will win it all. And they don't take the time to realize how great the opposition is! All they do is compare the current team to the past team! Well duh, other teams have improved too!

This board is sometimes comical! You read one thread where people cut down Tyger! He's no Isaiah! But then a new thread announces he is making an official visit and then those same people can't wait to sing his praise! The Phinisee threads are also fun to read, especially after he commuted to IU. Has he changed? No! But your opinions of his talent sure have. Castleman is another example! I'm sure he's a fine player, but after Dow committed , your opinion of him changed!

So Who is TJD? Boilermaker1973 thinks he's going to IU! Whether you like him or his opinions, to answer the op's question, has the TJD ship sailed? The obvious answer is probably YES! Painter has a lot of other players he's targeting! Do I care TJD may sign with IU ? No because I'd rather talk about players actually interested in Purdue!
The TJD ship much like the Langford ship has sailed! What is their new port? Does it really matter? And if TJD signs with IU, will boilermaker 1973 post on this board I was right and the rest of you can just F off! Probably! I know I would !

Sorry for being so brief!
thanks for the lecture. I feel so much more educated now. I don't disagree with your primary premise but sometimes a troll is a troll. No need to be so pedantic with these folks here. Most are boilermakers.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, the word is that Garland is much more the "already done deal" (though until a recruit announces and signs I guess there's no such thing). Romeo is the "all but done deal".

As for Damezi and Phinisee? Excellent players want to play and practice with excellent players.

I'll put it in Purdue terms: Haas was a top 100 recruit. Hammons didn't scare him off - in fact, having Hammons was a positive, even though Haas didn't get many minutes when Hammons was still there. When Hammons left Haas started to get all the minutes he could handle/stay on the court for.

In other words, IU will not have too many PGs, forwards, or anything else. The best and most experienced players will play more, the lesser/less experienced players will develop. Evidence of that? Both Damezi and Rob have been quoted about their recruiting efforts to get Garland and Romeo to join them at IU.

What are they waiting for? The Adidas check to clear?

They can commit anytime.

True - just saying that until a recruit signs the commitment documents, it won't be official. In any event, at least with Garland, and potentially also with Romeo, the wait shouldn't be all that much longer. Most likely scenario is a public verbal by the end of next week, and an early period signing.

It's in the thread about Tyger. I think it was published today

ah - the Corey Evans article. He largely wrote that article before the news was out and published it this morning. Even he didn't draw any conclusions - said it was between Vandy and IU and that Garland was leaning toward Vandy and where Romeo went (which will not be Vandy).

Nope - check out the Rivals Vandy premie board, or check out the Nashville-based Jerry Meyers stuff from the past 24 hours. Or even better, have an off-line convo with people inside the IU program.

True - just saying that until a recruit signs the commitment documents, it won't be official. In any event, at least with Garland, and potentially also with Romeo, the wait shouldn't be all that much longer. Most likely scenario is a public verbal by the end of next week, and an early period signing.

So in the event that they don't verbal by the end of next week, will you be back to eat your crow or just go in to hiding?

I was just letting you know what I read because I thought he was an IU lock. I really don't care where he goes. Could be a mommas boy and wants to stay close to home. My opinion , Drew is a better coach than Archie

ah - the Corey Evans article. He largely wrote that article before the news was out and published it this morning. Even he didn't draw any conclusions - said it was between Vandy and IU and that Garland was leaning toward Vandy and where Romeo went (which will not be Vandy).

Nope - check out the Rivals Vandy premie board, or check out the Nashville-based Jerry Meyers stuff from the past 24 hours. Or even better, have an off-line convo with people inside the IU program.

I'm assuming most Purdue fans don't care that much. If you think he's going to Indiana, then I'll take your word for it. Not on Purdue's radar anyway so if he does go to Indiana it's probably only a good thing for us.

I'm assuming most Purdue fans don't care that much. If you think he's going to Indiana, then I'll take your word for it. Not on Purdue's radar anyway so if he does go to Indiana it's probably only a good thing for us.
Is this good for us because it increases our strength of schedule?

Oh don't worry when Brooks signs with IU I definitely will tell those who doubted me to f*** off. But I pretty much already done that anyway.

So in the event that they don't verbal by the end of next week, will you be back to eat your crow or just go in to hiding?

Well, I won't go into hiding.
I have tried to be clear; until it actually happens, things can always change (see, Terrence Jones at UK).

However, Darius Garland has already said that he will be an early period signee, and he has already let the cat out of the bag.
I have been careful choosing my words about Romeo, because while I believe he has decided to play for IU, I don't see the family leaking the details about when and how that will happen.

Is this good for us because it increases our strength of schedule?

Most likely because it is one less scholarship IU has to use on a player we do want. I don't think we're scared by their recruiting. Maybe he is good. Maybe he's a bust. We'll see. We don't need IU to suck to have a good team ourselves. It just kind of worked out that way last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT