ADVERTISEMENT

Has ship sailed on TJD?

takedownboiler

Sophomore
Nov 15, 2005
Seems to be he’s all about IU. He’s in CG which is an extremely pro IU community. Hope he gives CMP a chance.

Both will be in Indiana uniforms dammit piece of s*** but I said that about the Center Grove kid a long time ago so that's nothing new

Center Grove kid was never an option I brought that up when his name was first mentioned on this bored I live in that area

Both will be in Indiana uniforms dammit piece of s*** but I said that about the Center Grove kid a long time ago so that's nothing new
TJD will most likely commit to IU. I don't think the same can be said for Brooks at this point. Based on reports, he is still wide open.

That's why I say oh boy from Lafayette and South Bend that already committed to IU will never see the floor. If they get every recruit that was at their little shindig Saturday which is looking more and more likely that they will get them. I hate to say it but IU will be loaded with five star Talent damn near at every position here in a couple years starting next year.

Brooks will end up at IU to mark my words I guarantee it. Read the comments that Brooks said about IU after his visit Saturday
Settle down. Every Chicken Little thinks every recruit goes elsewhere after glowing post-visit comments. Do you think IU has an infinite amount of scholies and they get everyone they target? Much like Purdue, they get a small fraction of their targets and kids aren't lining up to go there (Sorry, piigsters. I let the cat out of the bag).

Brooks is very much interested in Purdue. I have no idea where he ends up. Your "guarantee" is worthless.

Thanks for confirming your troll status.... Some kids just like to see antique banners..... No Purdue fan suffers from the ridiculous delusions you just wrote

That's why I say oh boy from Lafayette and South Bend that already committed to IU will never see the floor. If they get every recruit that was at their little shindig Saturday which is looking more and more likely that they will get them. I hate to say it but IU will be loaded with five star Talent damn near at every position here in a couple years starting next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frankie611
Wouldn't that be the same for MSU? Considering he has been up there the most. People believe it's because of his standing with Schilling...has he ever been a UCLA lean? To be honest, I think Kentucky is MSU's biggest competitor in his recruitment. If you want to hear comments about a particular a coach, you should hear the Coach Cal comments Sr. Said.

And yet Purdue will still beat you.

Question how the hell does this make me a troll. And I have read other statements from both recruits about other coaches and schools. And I'm telling you right now Brooks Love's IU and so does his dad. I bet any kind of money both are committed to IU by June of next year. Just because I'm stating the obvious I guess that makes me a troll okay whatever. Why do when Purdue fans don't hear what they want to hear the person is always a troll? Please answer the last question I would love to know.

Question how the hell does this make me a troll. And I have read other statements from both recruits about other coaches and schools. And I'm telling you right now Brooks Love's IU and so does his dad. I bet any kind of money both are committed to IU by June of next year. Just because I'm stating the obvious I guess that makes me a troll okay whatever. Why do when Purdue fans don't hear what they want to hear the person is always a troll? Please answer the last question I would love to know.
Because most Purdue fans can write in plain English.

because some of us on here are tired of iu stuff on are board. so if the shoe fits then wear it

I have access to the IU premium content. The insiders there certainly don't think IU leads. They see it as a slight MSU lead with Purdue, IU, and UK right behind.

Reactions: RowdyB and Zaphod_B
Okay well IU is our biggest rival so you're going to hear about it that's obvious. And we're talking about two recruits that we're recruiting and so is IU. And of course we got those grammar police out there sorry teacher. You know my grammar might not be the greatest but if you guys know how stupid you sound when you call people trolls. We're all on the board talking about basketball and given opinions. Just because my opinion is different from yours don't mean I'm a troll and it definitely don't mean I'm not a Purdue fan.

I hope you are located in Europe somewhere because it is a bit early to be drinking this heavy.

Reactions: BBG
Gloating about IU getting a 5* recruit before he has committed sounds like you are an IU fan. If you had an opinion or real knowledge on the situation than I would say you might be correct. One particular visit doesn't make him automatically wear an IU jersey.

Ok..I'll take the bait. You guarantee Brooks signs with IU? I'll put a dollar up at 1000 to 1 odds. My dollar to your grand. We will venmo the escrow to a trusted poster TBD. You game or you full of it?

Maybe not sailed, but rapidly gearing up to leave port.

Difference between Brooks and TJD is that TJD is doing the kind of sit-down work with a staff one does as they are approaching a decision while Brooks is really just starting the process.

I'd say TJD is a fairly heavy lean to IU, with perhaps little time for many to close the gap.

Brooks is early and is not really narrowing things yet. I think MSU may lead, but IU has closed the gap to say the least. Last weekend was a very big + for IU. A few months back I spoke with 5 folks who follow recruiting fairly well in the area. All said MSU lead for Brooks. Now 2 have an MSU lead with IU close. 1 has a tie IU-MSU. 1 Has IU slight lead on MSU. 1 has IU with solid lead on MSU. All said PU will be in the mix. 1 asked me "how confident do you feel winning a recruiting battle against U.K., MSU and IU for a 5-star instate recruit?"

Again they all said its early. And a few asked what happens when U.K calls?

Now my opinion IU lands both of them.
OMG! OMG! OMG! The IU bogeyman is hiding in the closet and about to jump out and dominate the BIG with 5* supermen! OMG!

The BIG will never be the same now that Archie has arrived! OMG! How incredible that IU hired the only guy who will out coach and out recruit every other coach in the BIG. What will we do?

Let's see. Didn't IU recruit something like 3 forwards this year? And 3 the year before, and 2 in 2016? So Brooks is going to be the 9th forward on the team? Remind me again, what game is this? Doesn't somebody need to dribble the ball?

Last edited:
And I don't really care how many 5-star recruits IU gets nor do I care if their recruiting classes are better than Purdue's. It's been that way since I've been a Purdue fan Purdue gets the leftovers but they still outperform Indiana 5 Star recruits.

Reactions: skfboiler
And I don't really care how many 5-star recruits IU gets nor do I care if their recruiting classes are better than Purdue's. It's been that way since I've been a Purdue fan Purdue gets the leftovers but they still outperform Indiana 5 Star recruits.
Biggie and Cline finished #1 and #2 in Indiana for Mr. Basketball. Sound like left overs?

Get a clue dip wad.

Reactions: BBG
I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but it's becoming more and more clear with posts like these that the notion you are just a IU fan posing here are all true.

could we stop the Trump imitations? and name calling? perhaps boilermaker 1973 is right, maybe he's wrong. We don't have to waste an entire thread name calling. let's apply the wolegib logical speculation.

We have 5 scholarships to possibly give out in 2018. Painter has given out 3. he's still targeting and heavy recruiting Ramey and Tyger. My gut tells me, he only wants one of those two, not both, but you never know. Painter's actions tell me that he will give out at least a 4th scholarship this year - maybe a 5th.

that will leave 3 scholarships for next year. Many on this board believe Isaiah is a lock for one of those 3 scholarships. I personally don't, but many others here do. that would leave 2 other 2019 scholarships to give out. Logic says they will be given to a big man, and a wing. I can think of a lot of other names that have been mentioned with more interest than the names mentioned above. if they don't go to purdue, I could really care less where they go. it's like a data dump. Where did Embury end up committing to? Arkansas? who knows, or cares? I know phinisee and anderson committed to IU, because that's all people here talk about. Who else committed? who cares?

that PF committed to MSU . I forgot his name already. who cares, unless you're some person who's entire life revolves around college basketball recruiting there's more to life than following Indiana 4 and 5 star recruits and where they end up.

And there's also more to life than arguing with boilermaker 1973, and constantly calling people you disagree with trolls. Calling somebody a troll is almost as bad as calling the truth "FAKE NEWS" !

Okay well IU is our biggest rival so you're going to hear about it that's obvious. And we're talking about two recruits that we're recruiting and so is IU. And of course we got those grammar police out there sorry teacher. You know my grammar might not be the greatest but if you guys know how stupid you sound when you call people trolls. We're all on the board talking about basketball and given opinions. Just because my opinion is different from yours don't mean I'm a troll and it definitely don't mean I'm not a Purdue fan.

It’s not even about simple grammar.

It’s that you have completely botched the English language. It’s not even coherent most of the time.

You're entitled to your opinion. I personally wouldn't label Jr. as a lock for IU. Considering he attended Midnight Madness @ MSU the night before IU's. He has a great relationship with Izzo and staff, he also spent most of the night with JJJ. I would continue to say he's a MSU lean but that can always change.

I'll take $100 on that action. Thanks.

I have come across enough information to conclude that TJD is very likely committing to IU, probably before his senior year.

Brooks likes IU and MSU a lot. I think his commitment anywhere is at least a year away.

If IU wraps up Langford (a pretty good chance) and pulls in Garland (seems to be about a 50% chance) that will help a lot with both bigs, even if Langford and/or Garland are one and dones, because it will cement that IU is going to regularly get very high level talent on their roster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT