ADVERTISEMENT

Has ship sailed on TJD?

I have come across enough information to conclude that TJD is very likely committing to IU, probably before his senior year.

Brooks likes IU and MSU a lot. I think his commitment anywhere is at least a year away.

If IU wraps up Langford (a pretty good chance) and pulls in Garland (seems to be about a 50% chance) that will help a lot with both bigs, even if Langford and/or Garland are one and dones, because it will cement that IU is going to regularly get very high level talent on their roster.
The Creanings must continue until rankings improve!

Reactions: PebbleUO2
Maybe I should not have said guaranteed cuz nothing's guaranteed in life. But I have a strong feeling Indiana will get both kids. The only reason why Indiana is mentioned is because Purdue is recruiting the same two kids. And I'm just giving my opinion where they will be attending college.

Maybe I should not have said guaranteed cuz nothing's guaranteed in life. But I have a strong feeling Indiana will get both kids. The only reason why Indiana is mentioned is because Purdue is recruiting the same two kids. And I'm just giving my opinion where they will be attending college.

Give it up, dude. You are sounding like a 4 year old trying to tell his parents that he doesn't deserve a spanking.

OMG! OMG! OMG! The IU bogeyman is hiding in the closet and about to jump out and dominate the BIG with 5* supermen! OMG!

The BIG will never be the same now that Archie has arrived! OMG! How incredible that IU hired the only guy who will out coach and out recruit every other coach in the BIG. What will we do?

Let's see. Didn't IU recruit something like 3 forwards this year? And 3 the year before, and 2 in 2016? So Brooks is going to be the 9th forward on the team? Remind me again, what game is this? Doesn't somebody need to dribble the ball?
To be fair, the "IU recruits all forwards" argument is pretty weak. This off-season IU lost Bryant and OG (2 forwards). They replaced them with Moore, Smith, and Thompson (3 forwards). Next off-season IU loses Hartman, Mcswain, Johnson, Newkirk, and Priller (3 forwards, 2 guards). They are replacing them with Hunter, Andersen, Phinisee, and Forrester (2 guards, 2 forwards). So in those two off-seasons combined, they lose 5 forwards, and gain 5 forwards.

I had heard that IU looked less than impressive in their HH thing and I heard that from an IU fan in attendance. If so, I'm a little confused why an elite recruit would be heavily swayed by it.

I had heard that IU looked less than impressive in their HH thing and I heard that from an IU fan in attendance. If so, I'm a little confused why an elite recruit would be heavily swayed by it.
I actually think if we can get Campbell, we might have a shot with Brooks. Looks like TJD is headed to IU, which is a pretty poor decision on his part considering our success developing bigs and how our offense revolves around them. Go to IU and you got guards throwing up wild shots and not even looking inside. I'd rather have Brooks, though. Both good players.

I watched their scrimmage and they looked pretty rough. Rarely fed the post/Davis and I couldn't even count how many bricks I saw thrown up. They will be better defensively this year but will struggle big time to score. They had a couple key players miss the scrimmage but I was still surprised how bad their offense looked. A lot of fans are hoping for a top 5 BT finish but I don't see any way it happens. The conference should be strong this year so I would put them as a fringe/outside the tourney team and best case is 10-8 in the conference and I mean best case. They've got a couple tough games in nonconf so I think they hit 19 wins and go to the NIT.

Reactions: TC4THREE
I watched their scrimmage and they looked pretty rough. Rarely fed the post/Davis and I couldn't even count how many bricks I saw thrown up. They will be better defensively this year but will struggle big time to score. They had a couple key players miss the scrimmage but I was still surprised how bad their offense looked. A lot of fans are hoping for a top 5 BT finish but I don't see any way it happens. The conference should be strong this year so I would put them as a fringe/outside the tourney team and best case is 10-8 in the conference and I mean best case. They've got a couple tough games in nonconf so I think they hit 19 wins and go to the NIT.
Yeah, they play Duke at home, at Michigan, home vs. Iowa, at Louisville, crossroads vs. Notre Dame in a five-game stretch in early December. I could easily see them losing all of those. They're not making the tourney.

I actually think if we can get Campbell, we might have a shot with Brooks. Looks like TJD is headed to IU, which is a pretty poor decision on his part considering our success developing bigs and how our offense revolves around them. Go to IU and you got guards throwing up wild shots and not even looking inside. I'd rather have Brooks, though. Both good players.

In fairness, that was the way IU played under Crean so Miller's offense may be different. With Purdue and Coach Painter though there's plenty of evidence and little uncertainty that we will feature a great big man on offense.

When you're 16 or 17 years old though you are more likely to just take someone's word and not examine the evidence as carefully. These kids are buying Archie's hype (just like kids bought Crean's early on) and they want to be a part of Archie's Movement. If he can deliver he could get things rolling. If he can't, or if he's caught up in the same type of stuff his brother is, things could deteriorate for him as well. This is his honeymoon period and he's recruiting well. Pretty soon there will be games to play and there will be bad losses and questionable coaching decisions for him just like any other coach. Ultimately, he has to win to keep selling because soon we will have a reality to evaluate against what he's telling kids.

Yeah, they play Duke at home, at Michigan, home vs. Iowa, at Louisville, crossroads vs. Notre Dame in a five-game stretch in early December. I could easily see them losing all of those. They're not making the tourney.

I can see a similar record to last year without beating some of the big opponents like they did early in the season.

Reactions: ThreeTwaunMoore
In fairness, that was the way IU played under Crean so Miller's offense may be different. With Purdue and Coach Painter though there's plenty of evidence and little uncertainty that we will feature a great big man on offense.

When you're 16 or 17 years old though you are more likely to just take someone's word and not examine the evidence as carefully. These kids are buying Archie's hype (just like kids bought Crean's early on) and they want to be a part of Archie's Movement. If he can deliver he could get things rolling. If he can't, or if he's caught up in the same type of stuff his brother is, things could deteriorate for him as well. This is his honeymoon period and he's recruiting well. Pretty soon there will be games to play and there will be bad losses and questionable coaching decisions for him just like any other coach. Ultimately, he has to win to keep selling because soon we will have a reality to evaluate against what he's telling kids.
No doubt. It will be interesting to see if IU is a little more organized on offense (just in everything they do, really) this year. I suspect they will be, but who knows.

On the IU board, most are pretty convinced they will be a top 5 big ten and make the tourney. They have a really good class coming in, and future looka good, but I dont see how they will be better than last year losing what they did. Im not sure a coach can do that much in 1 year.

Hey Boilers. I come in peace. I'm 10% Purdue fan, married a Boiler, lots of Boilers in my family. Big fan of Painter, I'd be Ride-or-Die with him.

TJD to IU looks good. Nice kid, too. If I had to guess, I'd say KBJ goes elsewhere, maybe Purdue, maybe MSU, maybe UK if he continues to develop. As I think you guys know, IU won't have many scholarships for 2019, so it won't be a huge class. We have a very good chance with Trendon Watford, 5* 6'8" SF little brother of Christian Watford. For some reason Crean hadn't even reached out to him. Yes, another forward.

Painter will continue to build good teams. And maybe we'll see an NCAA without the OAD talent and UofL's that will open more space for success of programs like Purdue.

On the IU board, most are pretty convinced they will be a top 5 big ten and make the tourney. They have a really good class coming in, and future looka good, but I dont see how they will be better than last year losing what they did. Im not sure a coach can do that much in 1 year.

That 5th spot in the B1G looks pretty wide open, so I can see why any fan base would hope their team finishes there. Behind the top four teams of MSU, NW, Minn, and Purdue, not much separates teams 5-12.

However, I think IU will wind up somewhere on the back half of that 5-12 group. To me Maryland, Michigan, Penn St, Iowa, and probably even Wisconsin due to Happ alone project to do better based on what they return. Could be a long year for Archie, and if they finish near the cellar his pixie dust might wear off real quick Bloomington.

Just because my opinion is different from yours don't mean I'm a troll and it definitely don't mean I'm not a Purdue fan.
When it comes to you, yes those terms apply. You know I remember a time when you said you weren't going to post here again for about 5 years or so. How about you stick to your promise? No one believes you're a Purdue fan and you have done nothing to show you aren't anything more than just another iu troll here to slime up our board.

Reactions: PurdueGator
Absolutely great post , it summarizes exactly what's going on at Indiana. Completely unbiased , I love reading stuff like this. I don't think this season matters at all in production . It will be seasons 2 and 3 that are most important to Archie

Reactions: Hoogolf
I'm really believing some of you don't know s*** about basketball you just get on here to call people trolls that talk about basketball.

I don't got to convince any of you that I'm a Purdue fan. You guys are childish as f*** calling people names just cuz I got a different opinion than yours. Talking about childish that's f****** childish.

Hey Boilers. I come in peace. I'm 10% Purdue fan, married a Boiler, lots of Boilers in my family. Big fan of Painter, I'd be Ride-or-Die with him.

TJD to IU looks good. Nice kid, too. If I had to guess, I'd say KBJ goes elsewhere, maybe Purdue, maybe MSU, maybe UK if he continues to develop. As I think you guys know, IU won't have many scholarships for 2019, so it won't be a huge class. We have a very good chance with Trendon Watford, 5* 6'8" SF little brother of Christian Watford. For some reason Crean hadn't even reached out to him. Yes, another forward.

Painter will continue to build good teams. And maybe we'll see an NCAA without the OAD talent and UofL's that will open more space for success of programs like Purdue.

Thanks. Maybe if some of these schools are put on probation it will make room in the NCAA tournament for programs like IU to get in.

could we stop the Trump imitations? and name calling? perhaps boilermaker 1973 is right, maybe he's wrong. We don't have to waste an entire thread name calling. let's apply the wolegib logical speculation.

We have 5 scholarships to possibly give out in 2018. Painter has given out 3. he's still targeting and heavy recruiting Ramey and Tyger. My gut tells me, he only wants one of those two, not both, but you never know. Painter's actions tell me that he will give out at least a 4th scholarship this year - maybe a 5th.

that will leave 3 scholarships for next year. Many on this board believe Isaiah is a lock for one of those 3 scholarships. I personally don't, but many others here do. that would leave 2 other 2019 scholarships to give out. Logic says they will be given to a big man, and a wing. I can think of a lot of other names that have been mentioned with more interest than the names mentioned above. if they don't go to purdue, I could really care less where they go. it's like a data dump. Where did Embury end up committing to? Arkansas? who knows, or cares? I know phinisee and anderson committed to IU, because that's all people here talk about. Who else committed? who cares?

that PF committed to MSU . I forgot his name already. who cares, unless you're some person who's entire life revolves around college basketball recruiting there's more to life than following Indiana 4 and 5 star recruits and where they end up.

And there's also more to life than arguing with boilermaker 1973, and constantly calling people you disagree with trolls. Calling somebody a troll is almost as bad as calling the truth "FAKE NEWS" !
And sometimes when someone comes here with an agenda, making up facts and making guarantees without anything to back it up, it's OK to call them out. Kind of like what is happening to CNN.

I still stand by what I say both kids sign with Indiana. Now whether you want to agree with that or not that's no big deal cuz it's my opinion not yours. But attacking me because I don't agree with what you're saying is childish as ****. Grown man don't do that we accept your opinion might not agree with it but it's your opinion. That's how a grown man would act. But I guess we got some kids on this board.

I still stand by what I say both kids sign with Indiana. Now whether you want to agree with that or not that's no big deal cuz it's my opinion not yours. But attacking me because I don't agree with what you're saying is childish as ****. Grown man don't do that we accept your opinion might not agree with it but it's your opinion. That's how a grown man would act. But I guess we got some kids on this board.

Can you please cry about this some more? Wow.

Now go ahead and fire back like a child would. Show me and everybody else that I'm right you're a child go ahead we're waiting. Some of you going to be like who are you talking about. All the kids on this board that like to attack people for their opinions that's who I'm talking about

I'm really believing some of you don't know s*** about basketball you just get on here to call people trolls that talk about basketball.
Well we are still waiting for you to talk about something more than iu basketball. But being an iu fan as you are, it's expected.

I made the mistake of taking you off of ignore, I am going to fix that right after this post and never make that mistake again.

Reactions: jadeezra
Crean is gone gone gone. IU will have roster space.
These families were planning on ignoring Crean, and therein IU.
Yep. IU will get their pick of the crop with a new coach. Never heard that before. I expect then to get every
To quote your apparent hero, Bob Knight, "I've forgotten more about basketball than you'll ever know."

I'm still waiting on your reply on my $100 bet offer.

I put him on ignore , he has totally derailed this one to an IU thread

Well we are still waiting for you to talk about something more than iu basketball. But being an iu fan as you are, it's expected.

I made the mistake of taking you off of ignore, I am going to fix that right after this post and never make that mistake again.

Reactions: BoiledSteel
To be fair, the "IU recruits all forwards" argument is pretty weak. This off-season IU lost Bryant and OG (2 forwards). They replaced them with Moore, Smith, and Thompson (3 forwards). Next off-season IU loses Hartman, Mcswain, Johnson, Newkirk, and Priller (3 forwards, 2 guards). They are replacing them with Hunter, Andersen, Phinisee, and Forrester (2 guards, 2 forwards). So in those two off-seasons combined, they lose 5 forwards, and gain 5 forwards.

You have to realize that I was just poking fun at the IU team in general and was not too serious, right? However, when I look over their 17/18 roster, I count 8 forwards. Of those, Smith, Morgan, Davis, Moore, Thompson, will remain next year. They will lose Hartman, Priller, and McSwain, but they add Forrester Anderson, and Hunter, all currently committed for 2018. So they will still have 8 forwards on their team next year.

The specific post I responded to was about their recruiting of still another forward, which would bring the total to 9 forwards. Just as I said. What team uses 9 forwards? If you count our forwards and our centers, the total is only 7 players. Don't you think IU is getting a little unbalanced?

2017-18 Men's Basketball Roster
# FULL NAME HT. WT. POS. YR/ELG HOMETOWN / HIGHSCHOOL PREVIOUS SCHOOL
0 Curtis Jones 6-4 175 Guard So. Richmond, Va. / Huntington Prep
1 Aljami Durham 6-4 175 Guard Fr. Lilburn, Ga. / Berkmar
2 Josh Newkirk 6-1 195 Guard R-Sr. Raleigh, N.C. / Word of God Academy Pittsburgh
3 Justin Smith 6-7 220 Forward Fr. Buffalo Grove, Ill. / Adlai Stevenson
4 Robert Johnson 6-3 195 Guard Sr. Richmond, Va. / Benedictine College Prep
5 Quentin Taylor 6-2 187 Guard Jr. Indianapolis, Ind. / Brebeuf
10 Johnny Jager 6-0 185 Guard R-So. Bloomington, Ind. / Bloomington South Wabash College
11 Devonte Green 6-3 186 Guard So. North Babylon, N.Y. / Long Island Lutheran
12 Ethan Lasko 6-2 171 Guard Fr. Hollywood, Fla. / Katz Yeshiva
13 Juwan Morgan 6-8 230 Forward Jr. Waynesville, Mo. / Waynesville
15 Zach McRoberts 6-6 205 Guard R-Jr. Carmel, Ind. / Carmel Vermont
20 De'Ron Davis 6-10 249 Forward So. Park Hill, Colo. / Overland
21 Freddie McSwain Jr. 6-6 220 Forward Sr. Hinesville, Ga. / Liberty County Neosho County CC
22 Clifton Moore 6-10 220 Forward Fr. Ambler, Pa. / Hatboro-Horsham
24 Vijay Blackmon 6-2 175 Guard So. Marion, Ind. / Marion St. Francis (Ind.)
25 Race Thompson 6-8 220 Forward Fr. Plymouth, Minn. / Armstrong
30 Collin Hartman 6-7 220 Forward Gr. Indianapolis, Ind. / Cathedral
35 Tim Priller 6-9 225 Forward Sr. North Richland Hills, Texas / Richland

You have to realize that I was just poking fun at the IU team in general and was not too serious, right? However, when I look over their 17/18 roster, I count 8 forwards. Of those, Smith, Morgan, Davis, Moore, Thompson, will remain next year. They will lose Hartman, Priller, and McSwain, but they add Forrester Anderson, and Hunter, all currently committed for 2018. So they will still have 8 forwards on their team next year.

The specific post I responded to was about their recruiting of still another forward, which would bring the total to 9 forwards. Just as I said. What team uses 9 forwards? If you count our forwards and our centers, the total is only 7 players. Don't you think IU is getting a little unbalanced?

2017-18 Men's Basketball Roster
# FULL NAME HT. WT. POS. YR/ELG HOMETOWN / HIGHSCHOOL PREVIOUS SCHOOL
0 Curtis Jones 6-4 175 Guard So. Richmond, Va. / Huntington Prep
1 Aljami Durham 6-4 175 Guard Fr. Lilburn, Ga. / Berkmar
2 Josh Newkirk 6-1 195 Guard R-Sr. Raleigh, N.C. / Word of God Academy Pittsburgh
3 Justin Smith 6-7 220 Forward Fr. Buffalo Grove, Ill. / Adlai Stevenson
4 Robert Johnson 6-3 195 Guard Sr. Richmond, Va. / Benedictine College Prep
5 Quentin Taylor 6-2 187 Guard Jr. Indianapolis, Ind. / Brebeuf
10 Johnny Jager 6-0 185 Guard R-So. Bloomington, Ind. / Bloomington South Wabash College
11 Devonte Green 6-3 186 Guard So. North Babylon, N.Y. / Long Island Lutheran
12 Ethan Lasko 6-2 171 Guard Fr. Hollywood, Fla. / Katz Yeshiva
13 Juwan Morgan 6-8 230 Forward Jr. Waynesville, Mo. / Waynesville
15 Zach McRoberts 6-6 205 Guard R-Jr. Carmel, Ind. / Carmel Vermont
20 De'Ron Davis 6-10 249 Forward So. Park Hill, Colo. / Overland
21 Freddie McSwain Jr. 6-6 220 Forward Sr. Hinesville, Ga. / Liberty County Neosho County CC
22 Clifton Moore 6-10 220 Forward Fr. Ambler, Pa. / Hatboro-Horsham
24 Vijay Blackmon 6-2 175 Guard So. Marion, Ind. / Marion St. Francis (Ind.)
25 Race Thompson 6-8 220 Forward Fr. Plymouth, Minn. / Armstrong
30 Collin Hartman 6-7 220 Forward Gr. Indianapolis, Ind. / Cathedral
35 Tim Priller 6-9 225 Forward Sr. North Richland Hills, Texas / Richland
From what I have seen, they see Andersen as more of a two. However, I will concede he plays SF for arguments sake. In regards to their "Adding a 9th forward", are you talking about TJD? In that case TJD is a 2019 recruit not 2018, so he would be coming in the year Morgan is leaving. That leaves 8 forwards.

In the past we have seen IU use a 3 guard lineup. They might be going to more of a 2 guard lineup with 3 forwards (At least one would assume given their roster makeup).

2018-2019:
Green/RP/(Potentially Garland)
Jones/Durham/(Potentially Romeo)
Smith/Hunter/Andersen
Morgan/Moore
Davis/Forrester/Thompson

For their 2019-2020 class just replace Morgan with TJD (under this scenario).

That's a pretty well balanced lineup. If they go with a 3 guard lineup then yea they are incredibly unbalanced haha.

Lastly, I realize you were just poking fun haha. I have just seen that argument used frequently, and I had time to dispute it.

Reactions: mathboy
Who hit the pompous prick button? You people are pathetic
I agree with this. Boilerman1973 is not a grad. He's made his living as a plumber and put his kids through Purdue. While he does overstate his opinions on many occasions he is well meaning. Knock off the elite educated bullshit when ripping his writing and grammar. This is a site for fans and none of us have a corner on that market.​

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT