ADVERTISEMENT

Harrison Ingram to Stanford.....Who up next?

Stanford is obviously a great academic school. But not sure why you would choose it for basketball. Best wishes to him though.

Reactions: DAG10
Better than going to Michigan. We were reaching out to him in 2018, maybe earlier? I’m sure Stanford was too. Juwan Howard offers in May of this year. That would have been a blow coming in that late and in the same conference.

Stanford is a great academic school, and has produced its fair share of basketball stars. It appears today's basketball players are not wanting to form super teams, but go in their own directions to be their own stars. thus the decision of that one player to attend Howard.

Reactions: bkgolden
Stanford is a great academic school, and has produced its fair share of basketball stars. It appears today's basketball players are not wanting to form super teams, but go in their own directions to be their own stars. thus the decision of that one player to attend Howard.
Stanford is kind of a super team right now, though. Zaire Williams is a top 5 player coming in this year, and they've got Ingram (9) and Silva (34) coming in next year. It's unlikely that Williams will stay 2 years, but Coach Haase is really building some recruiting momentum.

Stanford.. smh

Seems like they've been getting the upper hand on us when we go head to head with them, recruiting wise.

We might have to see who shows up in the transfer market at the end of the year. Maybe someone develops off the radar in HS. It’s not looking like there is much available at forward after Kaufman. We are still looking deep with no one really graduating after this year with Eastern and Haarms already gone. Furst is coming in to help solidify the front court. This might also help our 2022 recruiting with some forwards in the mix there -Jalen Washington, AJ Casey and others.

I was just thinking if he is as smart as rumored, it’s highly possible he’s been taking dual credit courses and could start his freshman year with 16-24 credits. It’s possible with summer school, like many others, he could end up graduating in 3 years. From an academic standpoint I’d be interested in what his major will be.

Reactions: bkgolden
Stanford is kind of a super team right now, though. Zaire Williams is a top 5 player coming in this year, and they've got Ingram (9) and Silva (34) coming in next year. It's unlikely that Williams will stay 2 years, but Coach Haase is really building some recruiting momentum.

They are definitely trending up. Too bad myself and 95% of the college basketball fan base will not see them play.

Congratulations and best of luck to him. Will cheer for him in NCAAs if they make it as long as they don't play the good guys.

As for Purdue this one stings. He is the type of recruit that can be difference between good and great. Still excited about the next 2-3 years though.

Reactions: TX4GB
They are definitely trending up. Too bad myself and 95% of the college basketball fan base will not see them play.

Congratulations and best of luck to him. Will cheer for him in NCAAs if they make it as long as they don't play the good guys.

As for Purdue this one stings. He is the type of recruit that can be difference between good and great. Still excited about the next 2-3 years though.

Right, no one really watches PAC 12 games. Cuonzo Martin had a great class at Cal with a couple stud recruits and that didn’t really pan out. At least it was about good academics for Ingram.

He said he was into academics! And clearly Stanford has a great academic reputation! Although both Michigan and Purdue have great academic programs as well. If I was 18 years old and was offered a full ride to attend Purdue, Stanford or Michigan, my choice would be Stanford! I’m not an engineer!

Reactions: Boilermaker24
I doubt he really cares about how many people actually watch him play. He knows the scouts will and isn’t that all that really matters?

He said he was into academics! And clearly Stanford has a great academic reputation! Although both Michigan and Purdue have great academic programs as well. If I was 18 years old and was offered a full ride to attend Purdue, Stanford or Michigan, my choice would be Stanford! I’m not an engineer!
Based on a lot of your posts, you don't really have enough logic to be an engineer...

Reactions: todd brewster
I was just thinking if he is as smart as rumored, it’s highly possible he’s been taking dual credit courses and could start his freshman year with 16-24 credits. It’s possible with summer school, like many others, he could end up graduating in 3 years. From an academic standpoint I’d be interested in what his major will be.
Academics? Please dont bring academics into a sports forum! 😁

Stanford is the best power 5 school in the country. And they’ve been to a final four since the Carter administration.

Stanford basketball is extremely mediocre, their fan support is awful, and they play in a crappy conference. Remind me why an MSU fan would venture over here to comment on a recruit MSU wasn’t in the running for? Strange thing to do.

Based on a lot of your posts, you don't really have enough logic to be an engineer...
You are absolutely correct. I'm an out side the box and creative person. I'm a leader, not a logical thinker. I'm a Piquard, and James T kirk, not a Data or Spock. My last position in the Air Force was project manager, where i directed the efforts and actions of engineers. My Purdue EE (elementary education) degree came in very handy in explaining directions to engineers in terms they could understand ! They worked for ME !!!

I have to ask, how many élite basketball players really care about fan support? you people think you really matter? I doubt Eastern felt that way. and you call the Pac 12 a crappy conference. When was the last time a BIG 10 team won an NCAA championship? It's been about the same amount of time. You are quick to criticize others, but seldom look in your own mirror.

You are absolutely correct. I'm an out side the box and creative person. I'm a leader, not a logical thinker. I'm a Piquard, and James T kirk, not a Data or Spock. My last position in the Air Force was project manager, where i directed the efforts and actions of engineers. My Purdue EE (elementary education) degree came in very handy in explaining directions to engineers in terms they could understand ! They worked for ME !!!
no youre a jar jar binks.

yes they do. Most brainwashed sheep in this world hear that someone attended ‘Stanford’ and think differently of a person. Degree or not.
Not as an athlete. And a NBA GM won’t care either. Then after he retires, if he goes that route, he will get a good job just because he was an athlete. Any school, regardless of private or public, can get almost anyone admitted. It’s keeping the eligible that’s the hard part. If he gets his degree in 2 years then it makes more sense to me. Him choosing Stanford doesn’t affect me anyway so good for him.

I have to ask, how many élite basketball players really care about fan support? you people think you really matter? I doubt Eastern felt that way. and you call the Pac 12 a crappy conference. When was the last time a BIG 10 team won an NCAA championship? It's been about the same amount of time. You are quick to criticize others, but seldom look in your own mirror.
Why are you even here?

Nothing against project managers. I did plenty of that work early in my career. And I had several who reported up through my team. But if you believe that makes you something special, sorry...

Reactions: BBG
To tell everyone about his qualifications. A lot of which I am starting to second guess.

You know there is a tinge of JohnnieBoiler/IUKen in his responses. All we need for him to do is sign off with a "LOLOLOL" and it'll all come full circle.
Nope. Your first sentence sums up Bigs completely. Nothing more. Nothing less.

this was a pretty big miss by Painter if it did in fact come down to PU and Stanford.

Had he chosen Duke, UNC or Kentucky, you could understand the decision from a basketball standpoint. But Stanford?
And it appears that this coach Haase has now landed 2 5 stars?

There's something Painter is saying or not saying in his recruiting pitch that doesn't align with 5 star players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT