ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh rumors of leaving picking up some steam

Those are actually old rumors spun during the season. They became rampant after Gruden was fired and the Bears demise and handling of the QB situation.

Theyre are picking up again.
They are going to pick up A LOT tomorrow.

Odds are actually fairly good that he is moving on somewhere...Bears make more sense, but, Raiders will no doubt pay more.

He was not even a factor the last go around of NFL hirings, and, he knows as such that this may be his last chance to get back there...last chance and best one in that he has ties to Chicago obviously.

Reactions: pboiler18

Odds are actually fairly good that he is moving on somewhere...Bears make more sense, but, Raiders will no doubt pay more.

He was not even a factor the last go around of NFL hirings, and, he knows as such that this may be his last chance to get back there...last chance and best one in that he has ties to Chicago obviously.
Bears will make a strong financial package of least $15.00 an hour.

Last edited:
Bears will make a strong financial package of least $15.00 an hour.
Only if he will be Coach AND Coordinator (and, potentially GM after they somehow promote Pace...ONLY the Bears could you be so bad that you have to be fired, but, instead, are promoted).

• Haha
Reactions: SKYDOG

Bears makes some sense given there may be an emotional connection as he was drafted by them and spent the east part of his career there. He’s also a midwest boy and they don’t have a crazy owner. I think he’s a pretty committed catholic and chicago is full of em. He also has several young kids and Chicago is a bit more family friendly.

Bears makes some sense given there may be an emotional connection as he was drafted by them and spent the east part of his career there. He’s also a midwest boy and they don’t have a crazy owner. I think he’s a pretty committed catholic and chicago is full of em. He also has several young kids and Chicago is a bit more family friendly.
Bears make a ton of sense, and, it would be a great fit seemingly in many ways...but, again, their being notoriously cheap is what is the thing most likely to stand in the way (well, that and their incredible incompetence as a franchise and organization).

Bears make a ton of sense, and, it would be a great fit seemingly in many ways...but, again, their being notoriously cheap is what is the thing most likely to stand in the way (well, that and their incredible incompetence as a franchise and organization).
The Bears ownership makes me appreciate Jimmy Irsay.

Reactions: SKYDOG
The Bears ownership makes me appreciate Jimmy Irsay.
As hard as that can be, it is absolutely true...the Bears ownership makes pretty much anyone aside of the Jets (and maybe the Jaguars) appreciate their respective ownership though.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Irsay knows enough about football to hire good executives, then has the common sense to stay the hell out of the way.
Can't argue with that...although I will admit to being a little skeptical still of Ballard.

To your overall point though, he hires what he believes to be good executives and generally does stay out the way...probably true of a lot of the more successful franchises.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Hairball jump. He finally lucked into a good season after managing to sit on a hot seat for a number of seasons. So his stock is up again, time to get out while he has the option and before it comes crashing down again.

If you mean the suburbs, both have family friendly areas.
Not necessarily. I think harbaugh sends his kids to catholic schools. If I had Jim harbaugh money I’d live in Lincoln park and send my kids to st Clemons k-8 and then to st ignatius for high school.

Not necessarily. I think harbaugh sends his kids to catholic schools. If I had Jim harbaugh money I’d live in Lincoln park and send my kids to st Clemons k-8 and then to st ignatius for high school.
I used to love Lincoln Park, but that area is no longer immune to the crime and violence that has plagued the city of late.

The Bears practice in Lake Forest. It’s a very nice suburb North of the City and probably one of the best places to live in the area, provided one can afford it.

I used to love Lincoln Park, but that area is no longer immune to the crime and violence that has plagued the city of late.
I loved the idea of moving to the metro areas when I graduated.

I had this "romantic" idea(?) of business, working, getting ahead, and everything I thought was offered in an area like NYC, Chicago, Cincinnati, LA, Indy, Dallas, Charlotte, Philadelphia, DC, etc.

Now, I have ZERO interest in metropolitan areas. I'm all about getting out of the city, and continuing to build a life for me, my wife and family.

As an example, it's like Indy is becoming a cesspool of violence and crime, with no solutions.

Chicago and Cincinnati used to be areas I aspired to.

No more.

I had this "romantic" idea(?) of business, working, getting ahead, and everything I thought was offered in an area like NYC, Chicago, Cincinnati, LA, Indy, Dallas, Charlotte, Philadelphia, DC, etc.

Now, I have ZERO interest in metropolitan areas. I'm all about getting out of the city, and continuing to build a life for me, my wife and family.

As an example, it's like Indy is becoming a cesspool of violence and crime, with no solutions.

No more.
Same/similar...and, now, I desperately want to go West...have had the opportunity to spend time there the past few years via our daughter, and, it is so much more appealing...far more so than I ever would have imagined.

But more importantly for Jim, how nice are the visiting team locker rooms?

Be interesting to see who Michigan hires if he does move on as they always focus on “Michigan Men” first and if a regent isn’t happy about a hire they make it known

Be interesting to see who Michigan hires if he does move on as they always focus on “Michigan Men” first and if a regent isn’t happy about a hire they make it known
Timing is tough, but, it is a high profile job and will appeal to someone certainly.

No more.
I get that, but a lot of the violence is contained to specific neighborhoods. I spend a lot of time in DC and Philly and there are lots of areas where I feel perfectly safe...and some where I don't.

It's truly tragic what is happening in some of these cities, but I doubt that significantly affects Harbaugh's thinking.

Reactions: Purdue85 and DAG10
hearing he may be heading out to coach the LV Raiders or even da Bears
If he does leave, we may want to look at some of his coaching staff to see if they would be a good fit here. The next UM coach will likely do a clean house of coaching staff.

Come to think of it, we can look to ND for possible coaches as well.

If he does leave, we may want to look at some of his coaching staff to see if they would be a good fit here. The next UM coach will likely do a clean house of coaching staff.

Come to think of it, we can look to ND for possible coaches as well.
ND retained the guys that they wanted seemingly, and, have added some other quality hires.

UM...at this date...may elect to hire from within if Harbaugh were to leave.

Your point, however, is a good one...I mean Purdue just lost three coaches...their replacements are going to come from somewhere...might as well aim high.

Reactions: TMA62
ND retained the guys that they wanted seemingly, and, have added some other quality hires.

UM...at this date...may elect to hire from within if Harbaugh were to leave.

Your point, however, is a good one...I mean Purdue just lost three coaches...their replacements are going to come from somewhere...might as well aim high.
all season long during their telecasts they've been building up Gaddis but I think they would look at Matt Campbell.

Reactions: DAG10
I know there are people from Illinois who love Chicago.

I couldn't imagine moving there today.

Maybe I'm speaking from a position of ignorance, but in my mind, Vegas over Chicago in a heartbeat.
You do realize everything you see and hear is about an area 25 minutes south of downtown and another one 15 minutes west of downtown right? Have you ever been to Mount Greenwood? Logan square? Ravenswood? And on and on.

the parts in the news work like this.. if you get off the freeway and you can’t look around and tell you shouldn’t be hanging out, you’re dumb enough to let shit happen to you anywhere lol.

that said.. especially with corona I’ve become a huge nw Indiana enthusiast lol

You do realize everything you see and hear is about an area 25 minutes south of downtown and another one 15 minutes west of downtown right? Have you ever been to Mount Greenwood? Logan square? Ravenswood? And on and on.

the parts in the news work like this.. if you get off the freeway and you can’t look around and tell you shouldn’t be hanging out, you’re dumb enough to let shit happen to you anywhere lol.

I would have said that 2-3 years ago as I spent most of my life up there including serval in downtown. Buts it’s rough now. My sister just bought a house in one of the better neighborhoods and on the day of the inspection they grabbed a slice of pizza and sat at the counter and watched a drive by shooting stretch several blocks on street with lots of pedestrians. Crime is way up and those bad neighborhoods you mention are emptying out, the extra crime is everywhere

I would have said that 2-3 years ago as I spent most of my life up there including serval in downtown. Buts it’s rough now. My sister just bought a house in one of the better neighborhoods and on the day of the inspection they grabbed a slice of pizza and sat at the counter and watched a drive by shooting stretch several blocks on street with lots of pedestrians. Crime is way up and those bad neighborhoods you mention are emptying out, the extra crime is everywhere
Dude I’ve been in them all the time and I don’t see emptying.

"everything"

there are concentrations, for sure.

I despise going to downtown Indy due to the random violence. I'll be required to do that very thing this weekend, for a business-related function. Rest assured, I will take the proper precautions, if you get my drift.

city_map_2015.png

"everything"

there are concentrations, for sure.

I despise going to downtown Indy due to the random violence. I'll be required to do that very thing this weekend, for a business-related function. Rest assured, I will take the proper precautions, if you get my drift.

city_map_2015.png
If anything goes down call me… I’ll save you. If I don’t, who else will singlehandedly fight off all of the Tennessee fans

also as so your graph yes… one area west and one south where you know the chances of shit going down are very high. The rest looks like the chart of a normal city..

He's also 58.

Reactions: Purdue85
If anything goes down call me… I’ll save you. If I don’t, who else will singlehandedly fight off all of the Tennessee fans

also as so your graph yes… one area west and one south where you know the chances of shit going down are very high. The rest looks like the chart of a normal city..

Appreciate the offer, but no need to save me. I'll do fine on my own.

As to the graph, your comment illustrates the point. Except for ____ and ____, Chicago looks like a "normal" city. Which, is the earlier point.

I'm not here to rag on Chicago. Indy, and other major metro areas, have similar problems.

It's the same failed policies.

Appreciate the offer, but no need to save me. I'll do fine on my own.

As to the graph, your comment illustrates the point. Except for ____ and ____, Chicago looks like a "normal" city. Which, is the earlier point.

I'm not here to rag on Chicago. Indy, and other major metro areas, have similar problems.

It's the same failed policies.
Yeah but the for and and are places people have avoided for my entire life if not longer lol. I’m not scared of wannabe mfers in uptown dude .. two slices and a RC.. $7 .. but then I come from a unique background lol

the biggest problem is the mandate to me ..

• Haha
Reactions: Riveting-
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT