ADVERTISEMENT

Grambling v. Purdue - Game Thread (2024 NCAA Tournament, Midwest Region - round of 64)

Let’s see if they do like some other high seeds and figure it out in the second half and pull away. Or does the ghost win.

five turn overs and five missed ft by edey. got to hit the front end of a one and one.

Positives:

The whole team doesn’t seem scared
We’ve hit some threes
Their best big has three fouls

Negatives:
Free throws
Defense
Jones
Gillis
Their guard play looks superior as always

Nice drive from Fletch.....Boilers up 36-27. Welp.....more torture from the Boilers. Wow.

ZE misses two front ends, and Jones missed one......you only can have three in a half.

On the positive side, Braden Smith physically looks pretty good. I'm surprised I'm as calm as I am. Haha.

Reactions: nime6 and tjreese
This should be a 20 pt halftime lead. I hope they got their jitters out now.
Jitters shouldn’t affect the D. Drop hurting Purdue. Lot of fatigue on Zach since they don’t call a foul early

I been talking about red flags all month and here we are. 4 for 10 fts 2 of which are front end misses so 4 for 12 basically.

Our bad play isnt the same as other teams... it is indicative of things to come. Thankfully this team is so appallingly bad we are still up by 9. This ****ing team looks EXACTLY like it has the past month, which is ****ing awful.

TKR is literally like playing 4v5, and Lance Jones is making it 3v5.

****ing pathetic ass shit

Reactions: Grob13
More Colvin please. Painter not developing him and now giving him minutes is beyond frustrating.

Colvin should have been 3rd or 4th best player going into the tourney this year.

Reactions: NashvilleBoiler
Are you allowed to displace a post player that is just standing there? Painter needs to work these refs a little.

Reactions: nime6
I been talking about red flags all month and here we are. 4 for 10 fts 2 of which are front end misses so 4 for 12 basically.

Our bad play isnt the same as other teams... it is indicative of things to come. Thankfully this team is so appallingly bad we are still up by 9. This ****ing team looks EXACTLY like it has the past month, which is ****ing awful.

TKR is literally like playing 4v5, and Lance Jones is making it 3v5.

****ing pathetic ass shit
You know again there's a difference between being unsatisfied with that half, and the extremes you take it to.

I’ll be honest, I was getting a bit uneasy until we stretched it to 9. Too many missed free throws. Need to get this lead to 20 early in the 2nd half, or we could be in for more drama than we need.

I see a lot of others ulset at our play, you all MUST be IU fans who dont know basketball because thats what the ****ing head in sand homers keep saying.

Im sure they are THRILLED with our dominant 1st half play though, because unlike us, they "know" basketball

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT