ADVERTISEMENT

Going after Trump......again

Why not. If they can bail out or give million and billionaires tax breaks, they can forgive mortgages for the common folks. If you still have a mortgage, you can't us that you will turn down and refuse it since you are against this.
Define "common folks".

And providing tax breaks to incentivize a company to not move a manufacturing facility overseas or a wealthy person taking advantage of tax law to pay less in taxes if vastly different from making a debt magically disappear.

Define "common folks".

And providing tax breaks to incentivize a company to not move a manufacturing facility overseas or a wealthy person taking advantage of tax law to pay less in taxes if vastly different from making a debt magically disappear.
Common folks are everyday folks, perhaps low to middle class. The middle class are the ones that pay most of the taxes. The middle class are the ones that may not have the financial means to pay a child to go to college. Poor people get the Pell grants. Most middle class families don’t qualify for the Pell and other types of free education. The rich and wealthy can obviously pay for college. that I don’t mind temporary tax breaks for companies as an incentive to move to the state or something. I’m talking about tax breaks for wealthy individuals. The bottom line is that student loan forgiveness is a good thing. Good for the economy.

Lol. And what cost Knight his job? His policies or his character?

Staying on the IU coaching thing, what cost Sampson his job? He’s a hell of a coach too, still proving it at Houston.

What you’re saying is you don’t GAF about process or the rules. It’s all about the results you want. Essentially more money in your bank account.

As for policy, what did trump do that any other Republican candidate wouldn’t have done? Supreme Court picks. Yep. Cut taxes. Yep. Deregulate. Yep. Spend on the military. Yep. Border. Yep, not necessarily build the wall. Energy policy. Yep.
While I may have missed some and I’m sure you’ll point some out, and I’m talking about significant policies here……the area that he went on his own was his stance on NATO, and I’m not talking about funding.

Trump ignores the rules, which are there for a reason. He demands loyalty over all other, including being qualified.
To act like his extreme narcissism doesn’t affect his policies and how he does his job is insane. He doesn’t make decisions in a vacuum that is free of his character flaws. Everything he says and does is centered around his need for approval and praise.
He lost his job because he assaulted a player. Not his personality. If he hadn't put his hands on the player, he would have continued to coach there until he decided to leave. His personality wasn't the issue, it was his actions.

Student loan forgiveness is good for the economy you say. What’s next, stealing is good for economy as the goods will have to be replaced and the thieves selling the stuff will have the money to buy goods and services?
That's ridiculous.

Common folks are everyday folks, perhaps low to middle class. The middle class are the ones that pay most of the taxes. The middle class are the ones that may not have the financial means to pay a child to go to college. Poor people get the Pell grants. Most middle class families don’t qualify for the Pell and other types of free education. The rich and wealthy can obviously pay for college. that I don’t mind temporary tax breaks for companies as an incentive to move to the state or something. I’m talking about tax breaks for wealthy individuals. The bottom line is that student loan forgiveness is a good thing. Good for the economy.
I think you're parroting what you hear on MSNBC and Black talk radio. They love to stoke class and race warfare.

You're also wrong on who pays the most in taxes. It's not the middle class, it's the wealthy. And it aint even close:

High-Income Taxpayers Paid the Majority of Federal Income Taxes. In 2020, the bottom half of taxpayers earned 10.2 percent of total AGI and paid 2.3 percent of all federal individual income taxes. The top 1 percent earned 22.2 percent of total AGI and paid 42.3 percent of all federal income taxes.

Can you cite a specific "tax break" given to wealthy individuals?

Please explain how student loan forgiveness is any better for the economy than any other government investment program such as bailing out other forms of debt like mortgages or car loans.

It’s giving people more money in their pockets so they can spend more money in the economy. Bailing out mortgages versus student loans would have the exact same effect. My question is why do white collar/college educated professionals deserve a bailout? If they are smart, they should be able to manage their money and pay off their debt like choosing cheaper cars (or public transportation…gasp), cheaper housing and better money choices.

Nah, let’s coddle our children and bail them out of bad decisions so they can continue to make more bad choices in the future.

BTW, our economy doesn’t need more fuel put into it so inflation can continue to rise. The right thing to after the vaccines were available was to make people start paying back there loans and take money out of the economy, but the free candy Democrats don’t care about inflation

Last edited:
Please explain how student loan forgiveness is any better for the economy than any other government investment program such as bailing out other forms of debt like mortgages or car loans.

It’s giving people more money in their pockets so they can spend more money in the economy. Bailing out mortgages versus student loans would have the exact same effect. My question is why do white collar/college educated professionals deserve a bailout? If they are smart, they should be able to manage their money and pay off their debt like choosing cheaper cars (or public transportation…gasp), cheaper housing and better money choices.

Nah, let’s coddle our children and bail them out of bad decisions so they can continue to make more bad choices in the future.

BTW, our economy doesn’t need more fuel put into it so inflation can continue to rise. The right thing to after the vaccines were available was to make people start paying back there loans and take money out of the economy, but the free candy Democrats don’t care about inflation
Less debt to worry about. Perhaps pay off a car loan. Perhaps buying a better, more dependable car. Perhaps buying stuff instead of holding back because you are paying back the student loan. Perhaps you can buy a crib and move out of your apartment. Perhaps invest more in the stock market. Perhaps pad your savings account.

Please explain to me. How are tax breaks for the rich better for the economy?

I think you're parroting what you hear on MSNBC and Black talk radio. They love to stoke class and race warfare.

You're also wrong on who pays the most in taxes. It's not the middle class, it's the wealthy. And it aint even close:

High-Income Taxpayers Paid the Majority of Federal Income Taxes. In 2020, the bottom half of taxpayers earned 10.2 percent of total AGI and paid 2.3 percent of all federal individual income taxes. The top 1 percent earned 22.2 percent of total AGI and paid 42.3 percent of all federal income taxes.

Can you cite a specific "tax break" given to wealthy individuals?
The same as you parroting right wing radio and Faux News.

Owning a Lear Jet. Tax break, why?
Change the business tax code….oh, but John Kerry wouldn’t be a fan of that (much like a lot of congressional Democrats who get perks from their constituents, who in turn, ring the tax break cash register).

Democrats had control of all 3 house and never proposed it…why? Because they were more concerned about student loan forgiveness.

BTW, many public companies (not all) are doing away with corporate jets to save money.

So, if you had student loans and this program was available, you would not apply for loan forgiveness?
Student loan forgiveness is just another democratic voting issue. Give us this, give us that, and we will vote for you to remain in power. Meanwhile the country goes down the tubes in debt and inflation.

Again, I said "Specific".
Does every person who owns a lear jet get a tax break?
Guess what? If you own a boat with sleeping quarters and a head, there are tax incentives to utilize it as a second residence.
Again, taking advantage of tax law is not the same as a tax break.

You remind me of this Seinfeld episode:

Again, I said "Specific".
Does every person who owns a lear jet get a tax break?
Guess what? If you own a boat with sleeping quarters and a head, there are tax incentives to utilize it as a second residence.
Again, taking advantage of tax law is not the same as a tax break.

You remind me of this Seinfeld episode:
Tax breaks, loopholes, whatever. No one owning a Lear Jet should be paying less taxes for doing so. I own a car. I can't write off taxes for my car.

Tax breaks, loopholes, whatever. No one owning a Lear Jet should be paying less taxes for doing so. I own a car. I can't write off taxes for my car.
People who own lear jets didn't get them from being stupid. They made good decisions to get where they are.

And if you use your car for business, yes, then you can write off a lot of those expenses on your taxes (same with a lear jet......)

Reactions: Riveting-
He lost his job because he assaulted a player. Not his personality. If he hadn't put his hands on the player, he would have continued to coach there until he decided to leave. His personality wasn't the issue, it was his actions.
Seriously? Why doesn’t Matt Painter throw chairs? Why do people people react to situations differently? How one reacts to situations is based on what?

Is that the first time Knight ever acted out in anger, lost control and committed an egregious act? It wasn’t a pattern with him?

A lack of self control and anger issues DEFINED Knight and you know it. He always acted that way. That’s his personality. That’s who he is. And it CLEARLY affected his actions and decisions.

You’re conveniently try to separate people’s actions from their personality so you can thread the needle on trump.

Do you think there would even be an indictment if trump had just given back all the classified documents? Of course not. Why didn’t he just do it? Because his narcissistic personality and need for attention got in the way. He wants to show them to people and brag. He needs trophies. He wants stuff……stuff that proves to himself he was important and in charge. The only other possibility is he was going to do something nefarious with them. Not even I believe that.

So he’s putting himself and the country through this BS for what? Why? His personality is directly responsible for this mess. Now tell me how it doesn’t affect the actions he takes. Completely ludicrous and nonsensical conclusion.

Reactions: BNIBoiler
Seriously? Why doesn’t Matt Painter throw chairs? Why do people people react to situations differently? How one reacts to situations is based on what?

Is that the first time Knight ever acted out in anger, lost control and committed an egregious act? It wasn’t a pattern with him?

A lack of self control and anger issues DEFINED Knight and you know it. He always acted that way. That’s his personality. That’s who he is. And it CLEARLY affected his actions and decisions.

You’re conveniently try to separate people’s actions from their personality so you can thread the needle on trump.
Apples and oranges. Knight didn't make policy decisions beyond a kids game.

Trump made good policy decisions for our country but is a rotten person. Bush 43 made disastrous decisions for the country but was a nice person once he stopped drinking.

Your savior Joe has made one disastrous decision after another and is a truly despicable person if what his daughter wrote about him is true.

Of the three, it is clear which combination is best for the country, right Bob?

Serious question.....how much money should a person have to give the Govt? Afterall, aren't all people EQUAL......and use EQUAL amounts of Govt services. Why should a rich person pay more just because the Govt has overspent?

Last edited:
I happen to have personal knowledge on this subject since I'm a pilot and have businesses. You don't get a tax break simply because you own a Lear Jet. It has to be owned by a business and it has to be used for business. If that's the case than it can be depreciated just like any other business item like tractors for farmer and vehicles for other businesses. There's only so much you can depreciate and once it's gone it's gone. IF you sell that airplane (or asset), you then pay all of those taxes that you avoided. The only way for that to not happen is to trade the plane for another like plane and the cycle continues. The amount the plane is traded for the new one is taken off of the value that you can deduct from the next one.

I know someone that has been doing this. He owns a plane that he leases out. He uses the money he makes from the leases to pay for the loan on the airplane. Pretty good deal. The kicker is that he's been doing it for so long that he's locked in. If he were to sell the plane he'd owe over $2m in taxes.

Reactions: SKYDOG
I happen to have personal knowledge on this subject since I'm a pilot and have businesses. You don't get a tax break simply because you own a Lear Jet. It has to be owned by a business and it has to be used for business. If that's the case than it can be depreciated just like any other business item like tractors for farmer and vehicles for other businesses. There's only so much you can depreciate and once it's gone it's gone. IF you sell that airplane (or asset), you then pay all of those taxes that you avoided. The only way for that to not happen is to trade the plane for another like plane and the cycle continues. The amount the plane is traded for the new one is taken off of the value that you can deduct from the next one.

I know someone that has been doing this. He owns a plane that he leases out. He uses the money he makes from the leases to pay for the loan on the airplane. Pretty good deal. The kicker is that he's been doing it for so long that he's locked in. If he were to sell the plane he'd owe over $2m in taxes.
Sure, everyone from all social-economic statuses enjoys writing off this and that if they can. My main issue with tax breaks or write-offs for the rich and wealthy is the failed theory of trickle down economics popularized by Reagan. Even his VP, Bush the Elder called it "Voo doo" economics. The gist is that if the rich and corporations get these breaks, they will "trickle" these savings down to the common folks with jobs, raises, etc. For almost 48 years, the republicans tried to enact this policy that almost never worked. In most cases, the rich/wealthy and corporations pocketed these savings for personal or corporate profit.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Sure, everyone from all social-economic statuses enjoys writing off this and that if they can. My main issue with tax breaks or write-offs for the rich and wealthy is the failed theory of trickle down economics popularized by Reagan. Even his VP, Bush the Elder called it "Voo doo" economics. The gist is that if the rich and corporations get these breaks, they will "trickle" these savings down to the common folks with jobs, raises, etc. For almost 48 years, the republicans tried to enact this policy that almost never worked. In most cases, the rich/wealthy and corporations pocketed these savings for personal or corporate profit.

Again.........how much money should a person have to give the Govt? Afterall, aren't all people EQUAL......and use EQUAL amounts of Govt services. Why should a rich person pay more just because the Govt has overspent?

Again.........how much money should a person have to give the Govt? Afterall, aren't all people EQUAL......and use EQUAL amounts of Govt services. Why should a rich person pay more just because the Govt has overspent?
Overspent? What are you talking about?

Overspent? What are you talking about?

giphy.gif

I
Serious question.....how much money should a person have to give the Govt? Afterall, aren't all people EQUAL......and use EQUAL amounts of Govt services. Why should a rich person pay more just because the Govt has overspent?
I predict BNI responds with the lefty liberal "Pay their fair share" excuse that he heard on black talk radio.

Do you take advantage of any tax breaks or opportunities to reduce the amount you pay the federal govt?

If so, you're just a hypocrite.

$32 trillion debt
Loving the Gif above...LOL. 😆

I'm responding to where you ask why should a rich person pay more just because the Govt has overspent. I want to pay more so that the middle class folks don't have to pay more. It's funny how yo right wingers only care about the national debt or the deficit when a Democratic president is in office. When a republican is in office, and naturally the deficit goes up, as usual, the right wingers are so quiet that you can hear a mouse piss on cotton. President Chump skyrocketed the national debt and y'all say nothing. Both Bush presidents did the same.

Do you take advantage of any tax breaks or opportunities to reduce the amount you pay the federal govt?

If so, you're just a hypocrite.
I do deduct to reduce the amount I pay to the federal govt. But I and other common folks still pay less than the high rollers.

Of course they haven't worked. It takes stability for it to work. Every time R's try to fix things so it will work, the D's fukk it up. Companies aren't going to pass down savings if the D's are going to jack up the taxes every time they get into power. You have to let it run its course otherwise it's not going to work.

I'm responding to where you ask why should a rich person pay more just because the Govt has overspent. I want to pay more so that the middle class folks don't have to pay more. It's funny how yo right wingers only care about the national debt or the deficit when a Democratic president is in office. When a republican is in office, and naturally the deficit goes up, as usual, the right wingers are so quiet that you can hear a mouse piss on cotton. President Chump skyrocketed the national debt and y'all say nothing. Both Bush presidents did the same.

Note....I have been clear on here that both sides are crooks. I have said both sides spend too much. And Trump, Obama & Biden are 3 of the worst spenders. These points are true, but NOT what I am asking.....

You said you want to pay more...fine.

Thus, you are apparently saying the rich, should pay more to help the middle (& I assume lower) class??

Three questions.....
1. How much paying is enough %?

2. Why do you believe the rich have a greater responsibility to help the poor than someone else....if you believe in equality?

3. Why do you believe the US Govt is entitled to just spend at will and over tax the public, which is what they are doing, both parties?

No he didn't. The debt increased mostly because of Covid. If Covid didn't happen, the deficit would have decreased since his tax cuts were bringing in more revenue. That's just a fact. I've linked the information before about how Trump's tax cuts have had incredible gains in tax revenue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT