ADVERTISEMENT

Free throw disparity last night

Apr 1, 2019
IU fans really ought never complain about a FT disparity favoring an opponent...EVER. I'm not sure anything close to this has ever happened in any other collegiate venue.

No. 1 Indiana 93, No. 15 Purdue 78​

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Greg Graham scored 26 of his career-high 32 points at the free throw line Sunday, leading top-ranked Indiana to a 93-78 victory over No. 15 Purdue.
Graham, who was 10-10 from the line in the first half, added a pair of 3-pointers to his school-record 26 made foul shots on 28 attempts. Overall, Indiana was 34-40 from the stripe, while Purdue nailed 14-17.

The refs took the money and then double-crossed Indinia. The rascals used the money to bet on Purdue beating the spread.
Obviously they have been taking the money quite a few years, although most the time the money they take is when a game is played someplace other than Ass Hall. I know it used to be called Assembly Hall, but now that we have an outsider witness like Doyel writing for the Star and the person not being reprimanded with a seat on the front row...assembly hall doesn't sound like an accurate name.

So Zach basically destroys IU, dives on the floor up 17 with about three minutes to go (and the sheeples already filing out the doors) and Zach is a bum according to genius up front and center. It appears to be an inverse relationship in that of a high negative correlation that the closer to the floor the farther from sanity (I had to graph the x axis backwards to match the wording). Now this was a bit of a small sample and so like all studies we don't know if the relationship continues outside the data, but in my typically correct assumptions I'm guessing the the farther from the floor...say 5 rows and such, that the data truncates, and sanity no longer increases. Although not studied, there is a lot longitudinal, anecdotal evidence to support such in many places of the state.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT