ADVERTISEMENT

FIRE PAINTER tonight!!

Yes, I’ll take any of them over Painter. Painter has proven what he is: good regular season coach and the worst tourney coach in history. Give me a winner, even if his methods are unorthodox.
All the coaches I mentioned are on the top 15 cheater list in College Basketball. Hey, I'm not happy, matter of fact poured out the beer because of the bad taste, but not one of those 15 cheaters should ever be in old gold and black.

Would you prefer Samson? How about Self? Pearl? Pitino? Maybe Cal would come.
I would prefer that our coach step up to the microphone at the press conference and say, "I have to make some changes. What works for us in the B1G obviously does not translate to the tournament. I'm committed to making the changes necessary to prove to our loyal fans that we can adapt and win when it matters most."

CMP isn't going anywhere and I know that. What I want is for him to quit being so damn stubborn and admit that he needs to change some things and be more flexible. Both in game and philosophy wise. That includes recruiting.

I would prefer that our coach step up to the microphone at the press conference and say, "I have to make some changes. What works for us in the B1G obviously does not translate to the tournament. I'm committed to making the changes necessary to prove to our loyal fans that we can adapt and win when it matters most."

CMP isn't going anywhere and I know that. What I want is for him to quit being so damn stubborn and admit that he needs to change some things and be more flexible. Both in game and philosophy wise. That includes recruiting.
I wish he’d step up to the mic and say “ I’m submitting my resignation effective tomorrow morning at 9am”

Why not? Is winning in Nov and Dec more important than in March? Seriously. You think Painter will get Purdue a NC? Or does that not matter?
You’re a complete idiot if you think there’s a 1% chance Painter is getting fired.

Just watched the post game press conf. Like tonight's, I've noticed in the past that Painter never says, "I or the staff must not have prepared them correctly". It's always, "WE had open looks but didn't make them". "WE teach them to face the basket when double teamed,,,,,,,,,,," "WE told them they were coming" (Rutgers presser). WE usually meaning the players didn't make the shots, didn't break the press, but NEVER takes blame for a loss or poor performance.
Has anybody else notice this?

Just watched the post game press conf. Like tonight's, I've noticed in the past that Painter never says, "I or the staff must not have prepared them correctly". It's always, "WE had open looks but didn't make them". "WE teach them to face the basket when double teamed,,,,,,,,,,," "WE told them they were coming" (Rutgers presser). WE usually meaning the players didn't make the shots, didn't break the press, but NEVER takes blame for a loss or poor performance.
I hate to admit it, but the Boneman is right. Painter has got to go. Loosing to 13, 15, and now 16 seed, in consecutive years a is embarrassing. Plus VCU and Arkansas Little Rock previously. But in reality, as long as Purdue has winning records, Painter ain’t going no where.

It's embarrassing, and yes. He wasn't like this in his early career. But stubbornness and ego grows/sets in as youget older. He's never been flexible now that inflexibility is a noose around his neck that tightened in March every year.

He's in his own head now. I'm 100% convinced he'll never get a FF, just like his guards he's got the yips - for good imo

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
I hate to admit it, but the Boneman is right. Painter has got to go. Loosing to 13, 15, and now 16 seed, in consecutive years a is embarrassing. Plus VCU and Arkansas Little Rock previously. But in reality, as long as Purdue has winning records, Painter ain’t going no where.
I think this may actually change if we keep losing to sleepy Mike

Reactions: drewjin
As long as the big dollar dudes are sending their checks to the AD, and Mackey is full, Painter will have a job.

Yes, I’ll take any of them over Painter. Painter has proven what he is: good regular season coach and the worst tourney coach in history. Give me a winner, even if his methods are unorthodox.
This is more embarrassing than a #1 losing to a #16.

Obviously changes need to be made, but temper tantrums never solve anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT