ADVERTISEMENT

Feel bad for Octeus

Cevol03

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 2, 2010
Feel really bad for JO. He has been a GREAT Boiler and it is such a shame to end with a couple missed free throws and missed dunk. Wish he had one more year.

He couldn't quit talking about it. Sad is an understatement. Thank you for the kind words. Trust me when I say, he feels it deeply. Will be rooting for this great group of young men next year. They will do great.

We have been very proud of Jon and his contributions this year. The Purdue Nation will long remember his effort and his leadership that gave this program a boost back to respectability. His ability to mesh with the existing team and provide leadership immediately was truly remarkable. I know he is crushed that he was not able to win this game for the team. He is not alone in that feeling, as I am sure most of the rest of the team feels the same. Keep the mourning short, celebrate the year, and move on.

Jon has a great life in front of him, Make sure he buckles down and gets the education he needs. I hope this game is the very last of any great disappointments for him. I hope he uses this experience to drive himself to success in the rest of his life. He is a great kid.

Thanks for your willingness to include us in your life, if only for a short time.

cool.r191677.gif

We have been very proud of Jon and his contributions this year. The Purdue Nation will long remember his effort and his leadership that gave this program a boost back to respectability. His ability to mesh with the existing team and provide leadership immediately was truly remarkable. I know he is crushed that he was not able to win this game for the team. He is not alone in that feeling, as I am sure most of the rest of the team feels the same. Keep the mourning short, celebrate the year, and move on.

Jon has a great life in front of him, Make sure he buckles down and gets the education he needs. I hope this game is the very last of any great disappointments for him. I hope he uses this experience to drive himself to success in the rest of his life. He is a great kid.

Thanks for your willingness to include us in your life, if only for a short time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DITTO.

Octeus Prime missed some free throws down the stretch, but I thought he played a pretty good game otherwise. Besides, it's hard to see Purdue playing in the tournament this year without him.

Great guy and a great addition to the team. I'm particularly impressed with how he was a team guy from the very beginning despite joining the team after fall practice had already started.

I thought the team really played hard. They outrebounded them by a good margin and JO was a big part of that. You could tell he wanted to carry the team to victory but we had no mojo going last night. wide open misses. I mean even if we only shoot 30% from 3 we win by double digits and cruising easy. The missed free throws was the topper on our turd sandwich of a night. I think we missed 3 layups in the overtime. CMP was right about how awesome the execution was, we got great shots all night and just could not throw it in the ocean. Tough way for JO to go out but I will always call him a Boilermaker with pride.

Boilermomjo: Please pass along the sentiments and gratitude of all Boiler nation. He deserves our thanks for hard work and leadership. Despite the way things may have ended, this season was a tremendous success!

Madam, Jon was the MVP of the Purdue team this year imo. He was a great asset to the team and university. You should be proud of him.

He made the team successful. Unfortunately, his tenure in WL was too short. Like many, I wish that we had more seasons with him.

This post was edited on 3/20 3:49 PM by arcb102000

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT