ADVERTISEMENT

Feel bad for Cuonzo

BishopBoiler

All-American
Aug 6, 2003
Brownsburg, IN
He is getting ripped primarily by the SF media. A lot of people thought Hawaii could win and this was before an assistant was fired for alleged sexual harassment, their leading scorer broke his hand 2 days before the game, and their starting guard had back spasms and was ruled out 2 minutes before tipoff. At that point I think it would have been an upset if Cal had won but the media is calling it a collapse.

They are also reading too much into the coach situation. It is not unusual for a coach to work on an offer sheet for a year or two before signing a contract. The offer sheet is still binding. And it would be standard operating procedure for the school to look into whether Martin followed protocol in reporting the sexual harassment allegations. It wouldn't be due diligence if Cal didn't look into that, but just because they are doing so doesn't mean they think Martin did something wrong. Yet the media out there is painting a picture that Martin may be fired over this. If anything I could see Martin walking away if he feels the allegations were BS and he was forced to fire his assistant against his will.

For Martin's sake I hope Cal exonerates him of any wrongdoing quickly and at least 1 of his star freshmen return. He has been put in some pretty crappy situations at UT and now at Cal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News