ADVERTISEMENT

FDU Coach “The more I watch Purdue, the more I think we can beat them”.

The amount of LOL in this thread is unimaginable. Purdue sucks, as expected. Slow, scared and unathletic. Everyone picked them to lose early for a reason.
Exactly. I still don’t understand why anyone was surprised by this loss. It’s hardly even an upset. We suck in March and would lose to a junior high team if they know how to press and double team a big man.

Sorry about the loss. It sux. Until Painter is gone or decides to wake up and realize the game has evolved from the 70’s, he’s gonna have a hard time. The athleticism in the tournament can be coached up with a week to prepare. Especially mid majors who are going after the most athletic and rangiest kid they can find whether they can shoot or not. It’s a recipe for disaster every year. Painter doesn’t have a 2nd button to push when a team can limit/frustrate the big.

Thanks for all the GOLD in this thread leading up to the game tho.

Exactly. I still don’t understand why anyone was surprised by this loss. It’s hardly even an upset. We suck in March and would lose to a junior high team if they know how to press and double team a big man.
I wasn't surprised. Outside of Edey, how many of our players do you think would make the roster of a contending team?

None. That’s why this loss isn’t a surprise at all.

What is a surprise is that Painter was able to coach these guys to a Big Ten Title and conference tourney title.
The Big Ten is pretty weak. Honestly I'd rather have a middle of the pack or top 5 finish but a deep run in March.

MSU, MICH from recent memory seem to do that quite often, why can't we? Even Wisconsin had a couple runs IIRC

Reactions: titaniumbolt
This board is full of jerks but a lot of them are snowflakes when you fight back
I’m a purdue fan that’s been lurking and reading the boards for years. You aren’t wrong when you say that this board has some “deluded” snowflake jerks. (“Five stars don’t want to come here because of the academics” *player ends up going to Michigan or Illinois*)

Reactions: titaniumbolt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT