ADVERTISEMENT

FDU Coach “The more I watch Purdue, the more I think we can beat them”.

They're in the NCAA by a technicality and wouldn't be otherwise. Just posted this in another thread, but their 15 losses came from a SOS of 362.

Got to play the game and win.

But, their 2 PT defense is horrible allowing an average of 54% opposing team shooting percentage inside the arc. There should be an absolute feast in the paint.

I hope the FDU coach's comments are being constantly held up to Zach. After reading the article earlier about Zach, should be more than enough to 'get him mad'.

Here are just a few teams that have beat them this year:

Stonehill
Sacred heart
Wagner
Central CT
Hartford

They are #301 in Net ranking. This is a game that we just need to take care of the ball and we win easily. Come out tentative and turn the ball over and it makes it uncomfortable.

I think their coach will regret saying what he did. It's his 1st D1 job and he got caught up in the moment.

I got no problem with him saying to his team that he thinks they can win, however, the I want Purdue to hear this part is bush league. I do think 22.5 is a ton, I won’t touch it but I would play FDU at that number.

I got no problem with him saying to his team that he thinks they can win, however, the I want Purdue to hear this part is bush league. I do think 22.5 is a ton, I won’t touch it but I would play FDU at that number.

It’s pretty unclear to me whether he said “I want Purdue to hear this” or “I don’t want Purdue to hear this.” He’s not the best at… you know… talking lol

Mike Tyson would probably say: "Everyone has a plan until Zach drop steps and dunks in your face"

Could be intense.......

giphy.gif

They are a very bad defensive team but can shoot the lights out if they get on a run. I'm not concerned, we should beat them handily. We should be able to open up our shooters by dumping it inside. I don't see it even being close but anything can happen in the NCAA. Just ask Virginia...

Reactions: StepbackKing03
They are a very bad defensive team but can shoot the lights out if they get on a run. I'm not concerned, we should beat them handily. We should be able to open up our shooters by dumping it inside. I don't see it even being close but anything can happen in the NCAA. Just ask Virginia...
And now Arizona

He needs to make his team believe that they have a chance to compete, but he made it about Purdue and I bet he regrets it being caught on camera. My message to Purdue would be to not let up if and when the lead starts building.
That should be our mantra every game. But you are right.

Reactions: DrEss
I don't blame the coach for saying what he said to his team. I don't think it was very smart to say it on camera for the whole world to hear. We just need to take care of business. Play our best no matter the score. They are going to pressure us so it will be a good warm up for what is to come. I have no doubt we will win. I have had the luxury of watching the games all day today. If we do what we do, we can play with anyone and win.

Fairleigh Dickinson coach: 'The more I watch Purdue, the more I think we can beat them.'

Shame on the media for releasing that statement. I mean, who on this board wouldn't be telling your guys the same thing if your next game was against Purdue? Or would you say, "Give it the old college try, lads! I'll be cheering for you from Buffalo Wild Wings next door!"

David to Saul. "The more I watch Goliath, the more I think I can beat him."

Having said that, roll 'em, Boilers.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey and Zaphod_B
Shame on the media for releasing that statement. I mean, who on this board wouldn't be telling your guys the same thing if your next game was against Purdue? Or would you say, "Give it the old college try, lads! I'll be cheering for you from Buffalo Wild Wings next door!"

David to Saul. "The more I watch Goliath, the more I think I can beat him."

Having said that, roll 'em, Boilers.

If they are allowing the media to cover them, then aren't they just doing their job???

I mean Painter even used it in turn to motivate his own team, probably just using it more as something to make sure the guys focus on the first round game and come out with some moxie, which is damn smart. Works both ways, I say. Man, I love March!

Here are just a few teams that have beat them this year:

Stonehill
Sacred heart
Wagner
Central CT
Hartford

They are #301 in Net ranking. This is a game that we just need to take care of the ball and we win easily. Come out tentative and turn the ball over and it makes it uncomfortable.

I think their coach will regret saying what he did. It's his 1st D1 job and he got caught up in the moment.
No shame in getting beat by Stonehill. They are a fearsome bunch. 😏

St. John's ? oh the team that beat our women's team
I watched that game. Ladies dug the fighting Johnson's went crazy from 3 in the 3rd and built like a 16 pt lead but the Lady Boilers fought back to tie it up. Had possession in a tie game with 1 minute but put up a poor shot. The fighting Johnson's hit a garbage layup with .02 to win it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT