ADVERTISEMENT

Edwards

nagemj02

All-American
Mar 16, 2010
Do you think the symptoms from his concussion were still affecting him Sunday vs. OSU or was he just playing passively? I know he had foul trouble/fouled-out but he didn't do as much as usual on the offensive end, either.

If he can bounce back tonight (probably start off guarding Dawson) and have a big offensive game, that could be the difference-maker in the outcome.

Boiler Up

Originally posted by nagemj02:

Do you think the symptoms from his concussion were still affecting him Sunday vs. OSU or was he just playing passively? I know he had foul trouble/fouled-out but he didn't do as much as usual on the offensive end, either.

If he can bounce back tonight (probably start off guarding Dawson) and have a big offensive game, that could be the difference-maker in the outcome.

Boiler Up
I think MSU plays their best when Trice and Valentine have decent games. Dawson can be a factor but it doesn't seem like he's always their "over the edge" player for team success with wins. Just my take.

Originally posted by GemstateBoiler:

Originally posted by nagemj02:

Boiler Up
I think MSU plays their best when Trice and Valentine have decent games. Dawson can be a factor but it doesn't seem like he's always their "over the edge" player for team success with wins. Just my take.
Dawson's the defensive presence and always on the boards.....and he keeps up the intensity. Any big offense from him is a bonus.

The Boilers need to contain Valentine, Trice, and Forbes.....do that and not get silly with the TO's, and they can win. Now, that's easier said than done.

Re: Edwards plus he is still...

a freshman. He has been very good and am looking forward to him getting even better. I think he would be a great #3 with Swanigan at the #4.

Davis, Hammons & JO are the core of this team. They know how to win & want to win.

I don't know if I love Edwards defending Dawson. Dawson is an elite, explosive athlete and plays down low, while Edwards is a slower, methodical, smooth athlete. I do think that Edwards playing on the perimeter, and forcing Dawson to extend out, could play in Purdue's favor, but I also think Edwards defending Dawson favors MSU on that end.

Octeus and Bryson can both shut down Trice, and I think Davis guards Valentine, but we will see.

I think Edwards will do fine defensively against Dawson. Vince is a lot more athletic than people give him credit. The major things he needs to focus on tonight is boxing Dawson out getting back on defense. That is how Dawson scores the majority of his points; offensive put backs and in transition.

Don't forget about Tum Tum. The only guy on our team that comes close to matching his speed is Bryson. He's been a key ingredient for them since he was inserted into the starting line up. You better get your ass back on D.

Yes agree, Trice and Valentine.... Trice has had big games in the past against our weeker D....I think that is key. Dawson will be a factor and get his like he usually does, but the big deal is controlling those two that make things go for the team.

Originally posted by woggy718:
He didn't practice all week and I think that had more of an impact than the concussion did. If for no other reason than conditioning.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
You are probably right. I suppose it doesn't take very long for a player to get out of their daily routine and be out of sorts when they return from injury. Hopefully practicing the last couple of days has gotten him back into his groove.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT