ADVERTISEMENT

Edey makes it official

But but but but what will happen to all the Purdue fans and their dreams of his return and will not give up their dreams and refuse to let him go and live his own life?

I’m just using sarcasm to describe certain Purdue fans who post here. Obviously my level of sarcasm went over some people’s comprehension levels.

I’m just laughing at all those people posting what ifs about Edey using his Covid year eligibility to come back another year and bring Purdue that elusive Championship they long for.

I’m sorry my post was so cryptic!

The same applies to Gillis. He may love to play another year of college basketball, but it ain’t happening at Purdue!

It’s time Purdue fans let their players live their own lives rather than wishing they could remain to fulfill their own dreams.

Doesn’t Big Dog, Ivey, Swanigan, Tre and Carsen also still have a year of eligibility left? Couldn’t they all return too?

• Haha
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
I’m just using sarcasm to describe certain Purdue fans who post here. Obviously my level of sarcasm went over some people’s comprehension levels.

I’m just laughing at all those people posting what ifs about Edey using his Covid year eligibility to come back another year and bring Purdue that elusive Championship they long for.

The same applies to Gillis. He may love to play another year of college basketball, but it ain’t happening at Purdue!

It’s time Purdue fans let their players live their own lives rather than wishing they could remain to fulfill their own dreams.

Doesn’t Big Dog, Ivey, Swanigan, Tre and Carsen also still have a year of eligibility left? Couldn’t they all return too?
Yeah, you're just too sharp for some of us Wole, thanks for clarifying.

Gillis is different, he may want to get paid a nice amount to play an extra year, I wouldn’t blame him a bit. I also agree it won’t be at Purdue unless after the year 2 players make it known to Painter that they’re moving on, it happens everywhere, it could happen at Purdue. Having said that, 5-10% chance Gillis returns.

I mean I don't think Gillis is likely to come back, but he's in a completely different skill level than NBA potential players so your sarcasm is a bit misplaced.

There's no path for Edey or the others. There's a tiny path for a Gillis. No one is trying to take away anyone's lives by contemplating that on a message board. Lol

I mean I don't think Gillis is likely to come back, but he's in a completely different skill level than NBA potential players so your sarcasm is a bit misplaced.

There's no path for Edey or the others. There's a tiny path for a Gillis. No one is trying to take away anyone's lives by contemplating that on a message board. Lol
Correct, if Mason wants to play I wouldn’t blame him, he’ll get paid somewhere if that’s what he wants to do.

Maybe the sarcasm of some people suggesting he'd ever come back was way over your head?

Even if someone legitimately wanted or thought that, the notion that expressing that here somehow prevents the player from doing what they want is insanely idiotic which makes it a perfect stance for you.

Its not that the joke was bad, its that we dont understand sarcasm? LMFAO

Reactions: z_one

You are nuts man. There was a chance Edey comes back because frankly he will make more money in 2025 than in the nba unless he is convinced he will be a first round pick, which is not a projection. Yes it was a possibility like it was for trayce Jackson Davis but no one is going to hold this against him.
And Gillis might be back for Purdue. You don’t know that, he probably doesn’t even know it yet. But stop being a narcisstic self-promoting holier than though antagonizer.

Sorry. Wasn't even trying to be political. I was just searching for the most clueless, rambling, senile, incoherent person I could think of and he was first to mind. I apologize if I insulted your hero.
Courtsense would be #1, JFK Jr would be #2, Trump would be #3, and Biden would be #4.

Reactions: PaBoiler78
CMP told Rothstein this to make it clear to all the current and future players that Edey is gone. No other reason really makes sense. It wasn't like any fans were on pins and needles waiting for an announcement. We all assumed he was gone. JMO

Yeah this isn't news to anyone paying attention. Any scenario someone mentioned here where Edey comes back was likely just a fun exercise, not that they thought he would actually come back.

Courtsense would be #1, JFK Jr would be #2, Trump would be #3, and Biden would be #4.

Your list made me recall how I love the bits on WIBC afternoon show about Biden's rambling, incoherent babbling. Those guys make a bad situation very funny. Laugh everytime. Love him or hate him, the guy provides great material.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT