ADVERTISEMENT

DGL's mom

Galloway confirmed that?
I don't know if he's said it but it would make sense. He would be a tremendous asset as the 3rd-5th option on a good team. He's had some really good games being the top option at Indiana (was awesome against Kansas for example) but clearly he's not enough to consistently carry them to wins as a top option.

This one makes Nojel's mom look like Mother Teresa in comparison.
Michael Jordan’s mom turned down a brand new Mercedes from Adidas to sign with Nike. Hope that new car Nojel got is worth it since they are going to miss the tourney this year

Reactions: jtanoos1
I think I do like DGL's mom's stance politically, but man, she has an issue keeping her impulses in check.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Hahaha I wonder what her son thinks of all this dumb posting by her
Lol, it was actually kind of funny - earlier in the year, she posted a bunch of crazy stuff shit talking Underwood and DGL's playing time and insinuating he would transfer. A lot of us Illini fans were at least mildly concerned ... while we have recruited very well lately (especially the portal), DGL is still a talented kid who has given great effort the times he has been in the game. With Shannon and Hawkins set to depart, there would still be a lot of opportunity for him at Illinois, so a lot of fans were kind of bummed that this was a sign he would for sure transfer. And he posted this right after his mom went nuts on social media:

Obviously, talk is cheap and he could still transfer ... but props to him for at least KIND OF being able to ignore his crazy mom, that would be extremely annoying and difficult as a college kid.

There are 2 kids out of W. Lafayette as the B1G's most improved and he ain't one. 🤷‍♂️

Lol, it was actually kind of funny - earlier in the year, she posted a bunch of crazy stuff shit talking Underwood and DGL's playing time and insinuating he would transfer. A lot of us Illini fans were at least mildly concerned ... while we have recruited very well lately (especially the portal), DGL is still a talented kid who has given great effort the times he has been in the game. With Shannon and Hawkins set to depart, there would still be a lot of opportunity for him at Illinois, so a lot of fans were kind of bummed that this was a sign he would for sure transfer. And he posted this right after his mom went nuts on social media:

Obviously, talk is cheap and he could still transfer ... but props to him for at least KIND OF being able to ignore his crazy mom, that would be extremely annoying and difficult as a college kid.
Thanks for the insight from the Illinois side. He certainly has the potential and skill but feel like she is going to hurt his opportunities. We know first hand how an overly talkative parent can sabotage a kids career.

Got some new crazy mom tweets. Got to think he’s going in the portal the minute the season ends.

Any comments from DGL's mom last night? I'm sure his lack of minutes certainly weren't on Underwood's mind. But it's probably political.

Reactions: tjreese
If DGL hadn’t de-committed, would Lance Jones be at Purdue this year? It seems like most of the times when players have de-committed it has worked out ok for Purdue. After all, Braden Smith took Jameel Brown’s place and Carsen Edwards took CJ Walker’s place.
I thought that's why we got Braden... because DGL de-committed. Really worked out well :)

Not saying I looked, because I looked a lot, showed a lot of self control by not saying anything after the loss.
More then that. She sounds like the type to bring in a pound of Skittles is her couchie on prison visits. Just say’n.

Sorry, every time I see her name mentioned, I think of Marge Green. Marge used to own a WNBA team until her players revolted and the league forced Marge to sell her team because her mouth was too inflammatory.

I think of the Illinois players and coaches as the same as that WNBA team wondering what stupid thing their wonder lady is going to say next.

I thought that's why we got Braden... because DGL de-committed. Really worked out well :)
I'm not exactly sure of the timing because I recall asking Dustin about him and Braden had already committed or I wouldn't have asked Dustin about a Purdue player. I had not seen Dustin (saw his dad some) for many years and my contact started when I learned who Dustin's son was and so I think Braden was already in the fold and maybe DGL was giving signs of decommitting. Otherwise, I don't know why I would have asked Dustin...unless I was just curious what Purdue was losing. I think most of us didn't see him as a typical Purdue fit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT