ADVERTISEMENT

DGL's mom

If DGL hadn’t de-committed, would Lance Jones be at Purdue this year? It seems like most of the times when players have de-committed it has worked out ok for Purdue. After all, Braden Smith took Jameel Brown’s place and Carsen Edwards took CJ Walker’s place.

This is wild and I have watched her meltdowns on Twitter - she has since deleted her Twitter account. I am won’t be shocked when he leaves especially considering that Illinois is going to land Jeremiah Fears.

I won’t be surprised if he enters the draft and can’t find a landing spot. Need the Adam Silver “learn to speak Chinese” meme.

Didn't he play at a different HS every year? That tells you all you need to know...and surprised Brad touched him.

That being said I hope everything works out for the kid, as I'm sure this is embarrassing for him.
Pretty much. Started out as a local kid then went to Montverde academy and transferred after 1.5 years. Think he went a place like Kanon is at last year.

If DGL hadn’t de-committed, would Lance Jones be at Purdue this year? It seems like most of the times when players have de-committed it has worked out ok for Purdue. After all, Braden Smith took Jameel Brown’s place and Carsen Edwards took CJ Walker’s place.
It's possible because we still had an open scholarship, but I never thought from interviews that DGLs character or implied intelligence were Purdue worthy.

This is wild and I have watched her meltdowns on Twitter - she has since deleted her Twitter account. I am won’t be shocked when he leaves especially considering that Illinois is going to land Jeremiah Fears.

I won’t be surprised if he enters the draft and can’t find a landing spot. Need the Adam Silver “learn to speak Chinese” meme.
Pretty sure she actually got banned from Twitter for her constant and way over-the-top hate speech. The lady is unhinged.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
This. Somebody highlighted us losing out on Dickinson and getting Edey too.

Can’t think of where this HASNT worked out for us.

Malik Hall, Xavier Booker, etc.

Feel like Flory might be a dodged bullet for us as well? Time will tell there but this is why I’m never too high on a recruit (or about losing one) until they A. Get to campus and B. Actually contribute somewhere else.

KiDS come here for a reason. Kids don’t come here for reasons too. The reasons they come are why they are good players and develop into good players. If kids see Purdues not a fit and go elsewhere, it’s because they don’t have what it takes to be successful here!

This. Somebody highlighted us losing out on Dickinson and getting Edey too.

Can’t think of where this HASNT worked out for us.

Malik Hall, Xavier Booker, etc.

Feel like Flory might be a dodged bullet for us as well? Time will tell there but this is why I’m never too high on a recruit (or about losing one) until they A. Get to campus and B. Actually contribute somewhere else.

KiDS come here for a reason. Kids don’t come here for reasons too. The reasons they come are why they are good players and develop into good players. If kids see Purdues not a fit and go elsewhere, it’s because they don’t have what it takes to be successful here!
100% agree about Flory. Just not sure about how far he can go.

Publicly hoping her son transfers and his team loses? Crazy stuff. Reminds me of some Purdue "fans" hoping Purdue loses and high profile recruits decommit so that Painter gets fired. Just as crazy.
Wait. What? That’s crazy. Who would suggest such a thing!

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
Here is the YouTube link filter for top comment about Purdue dodging a bullet. She replied on that one.

Here is the Facebook rant. The juicy stuff is down in the comments.

Reactions: SKYDOG and Zaphod_B
Th
Here is the YouTube link filter for top comment about Purdue dodging a bullet. She replied on that one.

Thanks for the link. That’s good meltdown stuff right there. Nothing like putting it all out there in public to remove any question that you’re psycho.
She sees that meal ticket slipping away and is afraid that in a few years, he’ll be calling her from his apartment in China instead of the NBA.

Any chance she still visits this board? I hope so, that would be awesome.

In retrospect, I’m surprised Painter offered this kid.

In retrospect, I’m surprised Painter offered this kid.
Local talented kid who showed a lot of potential. Don’t think mom and family became an issue until he started getting top 25/50 rankings. You might forget he was top 10 at one point.

I honestly don’t know the back story on all the switching schools. I do think him leaving Montverde after 1.5 years in the middle of the season was a net negative. He was losing playing time and basically could have fought it out but left and jumped around some more.

First seen him as a 5th grader he was a gym rat stayed from open to close at Legacy courts. As a freshman at McCutcheon, we all knew he was special but few knew how hard he worked. He has earned what basketball can bring him. Might be time to make his own choices and statements. No disrespect intended to anyone.

First seen him as a 5th grader he was a gym rat stayed from open to close at Legacy courts. As a freshman at McCutcheon, we all knew he was special but few knew how hard he worked. He has earned what basketball can bring him. Might be time to make his own choices and statements. No disrespect intended to anyone.
OK- that’s why Painter would be interested.

Yeah, hope the kid can block out all the garbage and achieve his dreams.

Total whack job!!! A shame immature parents, like her, can’t see how they make their kid’s life so much rougher. Maybe the kid can tune it, who knows, but she’s certainly not doing him any favors when it comes to finding the next landing spot for him. What big time coach/program wants that drama? The job demands of any D1 coach is tough enough. No coach needs that extra aggravation. The MAC or, maybe, the MVC seems a likely next destination.

Total whack job!!! A shame immature parents, like her, can’t see how they make their kid’s life so much rougher. Maybe the kid can tune it, who knows, but she’s certainly not doing him any favors when it comes to finding the next landing spot for him. What big time coach/program wants that drama? The job demands of any D1 coach is tough enough. No coach needs that extra aggravation. The MAC or, maybe, the MVC seems a likely next destination.
Just going the Lavar ball route, is all

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Well her posts implies she was told to stop talking. One would believe she heard from him and that was a message from the staff.

I don’t like speculating on kids transferring but I don’t see him being at Illinois next season.
IU will need a bunch of guards, especially with Galloway supposedly playing his Covid year elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT