ADVERTISEMENT

Depth

We have 1 good player a game, maybe 2. It's quite interesting.
I agree, and OFTEN, it's not who are supposed to be our better players. IMHO, four of our five best players have limited skills. Once that one of maybe two skills are stopped, they can't create beyond there. I see Harper, Jr., Murray, XJ, Davis ... and probably more ... can make pull-up jumpers, among other things.

Presumptuous. We aren’t playing our reserves much because our starting five are good. Trevion is playing excellent. Isaiah could start on some team. Furst is solid but hard to keep Gillis off the court. I think Morton will be a very solid starter for us next year. Only wild card is Newman who just hasn’t played.

It's a very very weak bench, net of Williams who is inconsistent. We aren't playing our reserves because they aren't producing.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Presumptuous. We aren’t playing our reserves much because our starting five are good. Trevion is playing excellent. Isaiah could start on some team. Furst is solid but hard to keep Gillis off the court. I think Morton will be a very solid starter for us next year. Only wild card is Newman who just hasn’t played.
Tre is great. Be he's not been playing "excellent" lately...

Here's the thing. When Furst and IT were starting, that meant Gillis and EJH were coming off the bench along with Tre. That meant you had 8 starters. We also thought Newman was going to be good for 9. Now since the lineup changed, Furst and IT are only guys to get 0 and 2 some rest. They aren't playing off the bench like Gillis and Hunter had been the first 10 games.

Hard to say if that was a mistake to make the change though. Just leads to less balance.

Reactions: DAG10
Tre is great. Be he's not been playing "excellent" lately...
49% shooting, 14 reb, 6 assists, 23 ppg per 40 minutes in conference play isn’t excellent? Edey is 15–3-29, both excellent. Tre played 19 minutes today and was 8-2-8. Not bad but not his best game. BTW here are the other bigs in conference games per 40
Cockburn - 14-1-27.
Dickinson - 10-3-25
TJD - 10-2-20

49% shooting, 14 reb, 6 assists, 23 ppg per 40 minutes in conference play isn’t excellent? Edey is 15–3-29, both excellent. Tre played 19 minutes today and was 8-2-8. Not bad but not his best game. BTW here are the other bigs in conference games per 40
Cockburn - 14-1-27.
Dickinson - 10-3-25
TJD - 10-2-20
I like these stats, but please add turnovers to them

Reactions: purduepat1969
Cockburn - 14-1-27.
Dickinson - 10-3-25
TJD - 10-2-20
If you'd actually have read and comprehended my post, look at the word "lately". Then go back and look at box scores for the past 6 or 7 games and see what Tre's stats actually look like...

Reactions: DAG10
If you'd actually have read and comprehended my post, look at the word "lately". Then go back and look at box scores for the past 6 or 7 games and see what Tre's stats actually look like...
Yeah I used the conference stats since that is the second part of the season generally. His rebounds are down lately but his points and assists are pretty close.

It's a very very weak bench, net of Williams who is inconsistent. We aren't playing our reserves because they aren't producing.
at the end of the year, CMP should let IT know he would be better suited elsewhere and get Zeb Jackson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT