ADVERTISEMENT

Delusional

Ask high School coaches, especially ones whose players are jumping overboard. Nearly half of your 85 scholarship team will have never played a down for IU when they walk onto the field next Fall. GLWT. Indinia would be someone’s homecoming opponent every week if that could be arranged.
We went 2-10 last year. I am glad nearly half of our team this year didn’t play last year.

So you don’t have any facts your just giving your opinion. That’s definitely your right just thought you had some quotes or something to back up your claims. Oh and one of those offensive coaches turned the OC gig at IU into a HC gig at Fresno and now Washington where he just stole one of your top coaches and recruiters. Two of the OC got fired or in the case of Debord got asked to retire to save getting fired. Delano left IU for Notre Dame and now might leave Notre Dame for the New York Giants. Odds are he wasn’t going to be at IU long anyways.
not sure why you're so hellbent on pursuing this.

It appears to be part opinion and part observation. That's what a lot of people do here, and on the IU forums.

Again... given the current state of IU football, logic and humility would scream to most people, "pick a different battle!"

We went 2-10 last year. I am glad nearly half of our team this year didn’t play last year.
So who do you want to play for you this year? I think Iu will play some transfers on DLine, QB, RB. The defense will be OK if they can stay healthy. But there are no receivers on this team and the offensive line was god awful. IU got no help on OLine and lose two starters. No depth out of the juniors and seniors. They will need to count on some fo the redshirt sophomores and freshmen to step up. That’s pretty ominous.

At WR a mass exodus and basically all their TDs are leaving. David Baker and Rashawn Williams didn’t work out. Counting on a North Carolina transfer who averaged 10 catches per season in 3 years, a bunch of unproven redshirt freshmen, and probably a true freshman coming off an injury in Omar cooper to fill in around mediocre talent. I just don’t see where any meaningful production. Will come from.

So who do you want to play for you this year? I think Iu will play some transfers on DLine, QB, RB. The defense will be OK if they can stay healthy. But there are no receivers on this team and the offensive line was god awful. IU got no help on OLine and lose two starters. No depth out of the juniors and seniors. They will need to count on some fo the redshirt sophomores and freshmen to step up. That’s pretty ominous.

At WR a mass exodus and basically all their TDs are leaving. David Baker and Rashawn Williams didn’t work out. Counting on a North Carolina transfer who averaged 10 catches per season in 3 years, a bunch of unproven redshirt freshmen, and probably a true freshman coming off an injury in Omar cooper to fill in around mediocre talent. I just don’t see where any meaningful production. Will come from.
No doubt. We will be relying on transfers this year at a lot of positions. I expect our defense will be solid. Lots of questions on offense. Which won’t matter if the oline isn’t better. Just trying to have a rational conversation waiting for the BBall game. Pointing out you can’t blame assistants leaving as a referendum on Allen when it appears on the outside looking in that Brohm is dealing with the same issue. Shepherd left a proven offensive guru to go work for a second year head coach. That doesn’t raise any questions? Especially when he is from Fort Wayne.

No doubt. We will be relying on transfers this year at a lot of positions. I expect our defense will be solid. Lots of questions on offense. Which won’t matter if the oline isn’t better. Just trying to have a rational conversation waiting for the BBall game. Pointing out you can’t blame assistants leaving as a referendum on Allen when it appears on the outside looking in that Brohm is dealing with the same issue. Shepherd left a proven offensive guru to go work for a second year head coach. That doesn’t raise any questions? Especially when he is from Fort Wayne.
Quit trying to make $hit up. The WR Coach worked for Brohm for 8 years and he wants to be an OC. He can’t do that at Purdue when you have Jeff and Brian Brohm there.

DeBoer brought him in to be a passing game coordinator and WR Coach. He’s trying to develop his skill set so he can become an OC and eventually a Head Coach. That’s all this is about - opportunity to develop his career plus it keeps his wife happy. She wanted to live near a big city.

Reactions: Purdue85
So you don’t have any facts your just giving your opinion. That’s definitely your right just thought you had some quotes or something to back up your claims. Oh and one of those offensive coaches turned the OC gig at IU into a HC gig at Fresno and now Washington where he just stole one of your top coaches and recruiters. Two of the OC got fired or in the case of Debord got asked to retire to save getting fired. Delano left IU for Notre Dame and now might leave Notre Dame for the New York Giants. Odds are he wasn’t going to be at IU long anyways.
Do you really think the player, his family and coaches are going on the record with this stuff? You’re not really that detached from reality, are you? Wish McCulley well when he sets out for a new destination.

As for DeBoer, RevCoach LEO stumbled into him, it wasn’t some genius hire. RCLEO did identify and hire DeBord and Sheridan, and neither we’re very good. He also hired a guy with a horrible track record to lead you onto 2022, and retained a guy with a horrible record of coaching your O line. Seems like a risky strategy when you’re trying to improve the worst program in the Big Ten and one of the worst in the Power 5. Allen has shown an ignorance of offensive football, and these guys prove it.

”Delano” is really “Deland“, by the way. And what happened at IU that prevented all of you from learning the difference between “your” and “you’re”?

Quit trying to make $hit up. The WR Coach worked for Brohm for 8 years and he wants to be an OC. He can’t do that at Purdue when you have Jeff and Brian Brohm there.

DeBoer brought him in to be a passing game coordinator and WR Coach. He’s trying to develop his skill set so he can become an OC and eventually a Head Coach. That’s all this is about - opportunity to develop his career plus it keeps his wife happy. She wanted to live near a big city.
I honestly don’t know what that means he will be doing at Washington he wasn’t doing at Purdue. He was WR coach at Purdue and will be a WR coach at Washington. What responsibilities will he have as a passing game coordinator that he didn’t have as a co offensive coordinator?

Brohm has a much, much better program than does Allen. Allen took a solid program and has run it into the ground. If you saw the Bucket game, the differences were stark. Ask Reese Taylor or Mark Hagen.

Do you really think the player, his family and coaches are going on the record with this stuff? You’re not really that detached from reality, are you? Wish McCulley well when he sets out for a new destination.

As for DeBoer, RevCoach LEO stumbled into him, it wasn’t some genius hire. RCLEO did identify and hire DeBord and Sheridan, and neither we’re very good. He also hired a guy with a horrible track record to lead you onto 2022, and retained a guy with a horrible record of coaching your O line. Seems like a risky strategy when you’re trying to improve the worst program in the Big Ten and one of the worst in the Power 5. Allen has shown an ignorance of offensive football, and these guys prove it.

”Delano” is really “Deland“, by the way. And what happened at IU that prevented all of you from learning the difference between “your” and “you’re”?
I was more asking for the proof that Bjornson trashed Allen as well as multiple coaches. I mean that really isn’t an opinion as that is something someone would have knowledge of and be able to produce.
I basically said the same thing as you. I wish Hiller was gone. He is not. If that’s the sword Allen chooses to fall on then so be it. Time will tell.
I am not a grammar policeman on a message board.

Brohm has a much, much better program than does Allen. Allen took a solid program and has run it into the ground. If you saw the Bucket game, the differences were stark. Ask Reese Taylor or Mark Hagen.
Mark Hagen left IU for Texas and left when Herman got fired so it’s not like he bolted IU for Purdue. There are certain destination spots in Comlege Football and Texas is one of them.

I honestly don’t know what that means he will be doing at Washington he wasn’t doing at Purdue. He was WR coach at Purdue and will be a WR coach at Washington. What responsibilities will he have as a passing game coordinator that he didn’t have as a co offensive coordinator?
Clueless. Co-offensive coordinator was a title to allow him to be paid more. He didn’t really have much input on game planning or calling plays.

At Washington, he will have more input on the offensive game planning and calling plays.

Dude... you're not paying attention.

All you're trying to do is find some equivalency where there is none.

You really think Shephard was going to have more responsibility and get a promotion, when the HC's brother is leading the offense? He had maxed out at Purdue, and he knew it.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Clueless. Co-offensive coordinator was title to allow him to be paid more. He didn’t really have much input on game planning or calling plays.

At Washington, he will have more input on the offensive game planning and calling plays.
How far down was he at Purdue? At Washington it will be Deboer then Grubb then Shepherd. So he was further down than that at Purdue?

• Wow
Dude... you're not paying attention.

All you're trying to do is find some equivalency where there is none.

You really think Shephard was going to have more responsibility and get a promotion, when the HC's brother is leading the offense? He had maxed out at Purdue, and he knew it.
So he goes to Washington that has Deboer and Grubb?

How far down was he at Purdue? At Washington it will be Deboer then Grubb then Shepherd. So he was further down than that at Purdue?
You’re just a moron. It doesn’t matter what people who actually know tell you - you have your own bull$hit agenda. He went to Washington to have more input into game planning and playcalling - so he can eventually become an OC. That wasn’t going to happen at Purdue - he was tapped out. Plus, his wife wanted to live in or by a major city.

Very different. Allen is guaranteed 3 more years so your coaches should be comfortable they won’t lose their jobs for 3 years. So if theyre leaving and not chasing better opportunities or a boatload more money I see it as a referendum on the program. I was surprised to see McCullough leave when he had a chance to coach his three sons. Warrens move was a lateral move at best. Peoples was too.

shepherd was a surprise but he was with brohm for 8 years, I think he realized he was never going to move up as long as he was with the brohms, he hit a ceiling. Brad lambert got a promotion at Wake forest where he spent most of his career. He was splitting duties with hagan and lambert and English and we knew it was a matter of time. If he didn’t take the job I’d question his sanity.

I was more asking for the proof that Bjornson trashed Allen as well as multiple coaches. I mean that really isn’t an opinion as that is something someone would have knowledge of and be able to produce.
I basically said the same thing as you. I wish Hiller was gone. He is not. If that’s the sword Allen chooses to fall on then so be it. Time will tell.
I am not a grammar policeman on a message board.
It’s “Bjorson”, not “Bjornson”. And why would anyone be able to produce conversations between former teammates? Not sure how you would fail to understand how players communicate, and how that gets to and is filtered by coaches. As for being the “grammar police”, would you be equally dismissive if I said you lost 12 games last year, rather than 10, or that
2 + 2 = 5?

Very different. Allen is guaranteed 3 more years so your coaches should be comfortable they won’t lose their jobs for 3 years. So if theyre leaving and not chasing better opportunities or a boatload more money I see it as a referendum on the program. I was surprised to see McCullough leave when he had a chance to coach his three sons. Warrens move was a lateral move at best. Peoples was too.

shepherd was a surprise but he was with brohm for 8 years, I think he realized he was never going to move up as long as he was with the brohms, he hit a ceiling. Brad lambert got a promotion at Wake forest where he spent most of his career. He was splitting duties with hagan and lambert and English and we knew it was a matter of time. If he didn’t take the job I’d question his sanity.
Three of their assistants did leave for better opportunities (one offensive and two on the defensive side). Another assistant was fired.

Mark Hagen left IU for Texas and left when Herman got fired so it’s not like he bolted IU for Purdue. There are certain destination spots in Comlege Football and Texas is one of them.
Why MH left either school isn’t relevant. Do you really not understand how plugged into the Indiana football culture he is, especially at the high school level? Aren’t you the least bit curious as to why he had no interest whatsoever in returning to his alma mater after he left UT?

Three of their assistants did leave for better opportunities (one offensive and two on the defensive side). Another assistant was fired.
Which 3? ND normally is > Indiana but he was associate head coach at Indiana and his three sons were playing there. I don’t see that as a better opportunity. I’m sure if he talked to Indiana they would have sweetened the pot. And he reports to Tommy Rees instead of having a crack at being OC when their next OC leaves.

who are the defensive coaches?. Warren was going to make $725k this year as THE DC and now is going to UNC to be co-DC. Marginal at best. Peoples is Co-DL coach at Mizzou after being the DL coach at IU. How is that better? Point is it’s a referendum of IUs program that these defensive coaches are taking reduced roles at marginally better program.

peytonrules - have to admire your stamina, but trying to have a reasonable conversation with "some" of these dudes is impossible. Of course the Ace of Spades is KC. Just don't even bother engaging.....

peytonrules - have to admire your stamina, but trying to have a reasonable conversation with "some" of these dudes is impossible. Of course the Ace of Spades is KC. Just don't even bother engaging.....
Maybe you Loosiers should stop haunting our boards. Peytonrules is unbelievably uninformed when it comes to discussions related to Purdue. WTH is he even doing here arguing with us about our program? You give him fact-based rationale and he dismisses out-of-hand and of course argues that his suppositions must be correct. He’s clueless.

Reactions: POTFHBTFU
Maybe you Loosiers should stop haunting our boards. Peytonrules is unbelievably uninformed when it comes to discussions related to Purdue. WTH is he even doing here arguing with us about our program? You give him fact-based rationale and he dismisses out-of-hand and of course argues that his suppositions must be correct. He’s clueless.
As long as it's free I'll keep visiting. It's "at times" fun. I do find it interesting that you started your post with "maybe you Loosiers". Perhaps "maybe you IU fans" would be a better choice. I, for one, have never (hopefully) disparaged Purdue fans with whom I want to occasionally engage" with similar put-downs. But that's OK.

yes... "reasonable" equates to having to substantiate your points.

Not as easy here as it is on the IU forum, for sure.

Yes, don't bother engaging. There is no validation here.

not sure why you're so hellbent on pursuing this.

It appears to be part opinion and part observation. That's what a lot of people do here, and on the IU forums.

Again... given the current state of IU football, logic and humility would scream to most people, "pick a different battle!"
I think they think instant recruiting or transfers can offset their losses.

the fact of the matter is, there’s gonna be a premium on keeping as many of your useful players as possible and having actual chemistry as a team. THAT is what will keep the Purdues or Indianas of the world relevant in this new world

yes... "reasonable" equates to having to substantiate your points.

Not as easy here as it is on the IU forum, for sure.

Yes, don't bother engaging. There is no validation here
Ah. Purdue 85. Validation. At least you are consistent. We just like f******g with y'all.

I think they think instant recruiting or transfers can offset their losses.

the fact of the matter is, there’s gonna be a premium on keeping as many of your useful players as possible and having actual chemistry as a team. THAT is what will keep the Purdues or Indianas of the world relevant in this new world
it's more than that.

They're scared as sh*t, with what's happening to their program. Just 12 months ago they thought they were on the edge of playing for a B1G title and NC. The "pandemic" created that illusion.

Now, they've been exposed.

They all know they're about to slip back to the dust heap of irrelevance, possibly returning to the worst program in CFB.

Tom Allen is the person leading them. Think about that. Tom Allen. Could be the greatest guy on the face of the planet, but nowhere close to being someone to run that program. Yet, he's going to get million$ for years to come.

Which 3? ND normally is > Indiana but he was associate head coach at Indiana and his three sons were playing there. I don’t see that as a better opportunity. I’m sure if he talked to Indiana they would have sweetened the pot. And he reports to Tommy Rees instead of having a crack at being OC when their next OC leaves.

who are the defensive coaches?. Warren was going to make $725k this year as THE DC and now is going to UNC to be co-DC. Marginal at best. Peoples is Co-DL coach at Mizzou after being the DL coach at IU. How is that better? Point is it’s a referendum of IUs program that these defensive coaches are taking reduced roles at marginally better program.
The RB coach, the DL coach and the DC. Each went to either ascending or stable programs which, in their minds equals better. The two D guys very likely discovered that Allen doesn’t let his D coaches actually coach as much as they want, so they bolted for the opportunity to do more of that. They’re hardly the first two to make that move. Allen just hired a D coordinator and then announced he’s going to resume calling the defense. That means the new guy is a DC in title only, and that won’t last.

You’d both fare better if you brought even a little substance to the discussion. Neither of you have bothered to do that To any degree, which is why you’re having trouble keeping up here.

As long as it's free I'll keep visiting. It's "at times" fun. I do find it interesting that you started your post with "maybe you Loosiers". Perhaps "maybe you IU fans" would be a better choice. I, for one, have never (hopefully) disparaged Purdue fans with whom I want to occasionally engage" with similar put-downs. But that's OK.
If you want to participate, bring intelligent and reasoned opinions. You’ve consistently failed to do that.

it's more than that.

They're scared as sh*t, with what's happening to their program. Just 12 months ago they thought they were on the edge of playing for a B1G title and NC. The "pandemic" created that illusion.

Now, they've been exposed.

They all know they're about to slip back to the dust heap of irrelevance, possibly returning to the worst program in CFB.

Tom Allen is the person leading them. Think about that. Tom Allen. Could be the greatest guy on the face of the planet, but nowhere close to being someone to run that program. Yet, he's going to get million$ for years to come.
This is all very true

The RB coach, the DL coach and the DC. Each went to either ascending or stable programs which, in their minds equals better. The two D guys very likely discovered that Allen doesn’t let his D coaches actually coach as much as they want, so they bolted for the opportunity to do more of that. They’re hardly the first two to make that move. Allen just hired a D coordinator and then announced he’s going to resume calling the defense. That means the new guy is a DC in title only, and that won’t last.
Got it. My entire point was these changes are testament of the unstable situation with Allen and his program so I think we are saying the same thing.

Got it. My entire point was these changes are testament of the unstable situation with Allen and his program so I think we are saying the same thing.
We’re saying the same thing. Instability rooted in a lack of confidence in leadership is never a winning formula. They’re going to be forced to play a ton of inexperienced guys next year. That rarely turns out well.

Last year my brother the IU grad bragged about all the SEC transfers and how much better Indiana will be and we all saw how that turned out. Of the 9 transfers only Carr and Anderson were impact players that I know of with Mathews and Carpenter providing some meaningful time. I am not sure you can really count on the ten new transfers as silver bullets (maybe one of the RB and QB) especially since none of them will be improving the areas you need the most help at (OL).

Last year my brother the IU grad bragged about all the SEC transfers and how much better Indiana will be and we all saw how that turned out. Of the 9 transfers only Carr and Anderson were impact players that I know of with Mathews and Carpenter providing some meaningful time. I am not sure you can really count on the ten new transfers as silver bullets (maybe one of the RB and QB) especially since none of them will be improving the areas you need the most help at (OL).
Remember they might have been SEC recruits but there's a reason they're no longer SEC players.

Remember they might have been SEC recruits but there's a reason they're no longer SEC players.
Yeah I do think some of the players are still SEC talent just not starting talent and see an opportunity to start. I think anderson last year and carr from USC were. I think the same will be for the QB from Mizzou and the RB from Auburn and maybe a few of the defensive guys. But they still have to play behind that awful OLine where they did nothing to improve it other than hope the younger guys develop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT