ADVERTISEMENT

Commitment and what it would mean now

Pboiler, we aren’t talking legends here. Had they kept Scourton and added players in line with

Niko Koutouvides
Jacques Reeves
Dorien Bryant

You’re easily 3-3. Even with Harrell being diacoesque and card being the wrong choice at QB. That doesn’t cost 10 million.

To show you where the commitment … every basketball player will get more than it would have cost to bring in those kind of players individually.

One game and you can decide he’s a great OC? He did a fine job. Competent. That’s it.

12 games as HC last year and that wasn’t enough for me to give him a fair shot to decide he was a bad HC? That was your argument all summer. Talk about moving the goalposts! Go score as much as Ohio State did on Oregon and we can talk about him being an offensive genius.

This is silly. You constantly move the goalposts to fit your narrative. Once we get drubbed on Friday I’m hoping you disappear for several weeks again.
I made a joke and you got upset. Lol calm down. It was clearly not serious. But I'd call 42 points with a backup QB in your first game calling plays more than competent.

Reactions: z_one
Dude you can’t look at the pff on the snaps some of their transfers played at previous stops and tell me they only cost nyland green money
You can't tell me what any of them cost either, so… the whole system is also about to change

Last edited:
Reactions: pboiler18
You admitted as much. My whole point with Walters is I’m not sure why you guys are so brutal. He had the balls to take a job that double digit guys probably never took the call on.

You know that too g5 guys aren’t taking that call. And so what we will get is a retread or a so so g5 guy.. a guy who wins for a reason other than his system (eg toledo coach having a recruiting advantage relative to other MAC schools) who will have no money. And until they put money behind him OR revenue sharing comes, it’s not going to be great.

It never was once legalized pay for play was fully mobilized
First of all, I will say I don't think all of the excuses you continually provide are valid and we aren't doomed. Many programs we compete with have similar challenges and are in a far better place than we are because they've made better decisions to date.

However, if you believe these things, why devote time to Purdue football at all? Sounds like you believe it is pretty much hopeless.

First of all, I will say I don't think all of the excuses you continually provide are valid and we aren't doomed. Many programs we compete with have similar challenges and are in a far better place than we are because they've made better decisions to date.

However, if you believe these things, why devote time to Purdue football at all? Sounds like you believe it is pretty much hopeless.
I’m happy with a team that’s 4-8. Cause I ain’t paying lol. I’m not the one who is crying and looking for Coach Magic to miracle me results Purdue doesn’t pay for.

YOU are in the pitchfork crowd.. I’m bursting your bubble as to why that crowd is delusional.

So, I think you have it half right as far as programs like us achieving.

You could have paid little money for players in 2024. Cool!

If you have a senior laden team of tough football players where it’s obvious that the previous coach demanded a lot of his staff and that they had tough veteran players in every unit. That’s what Joe tiller had. Jeff brohm hadn’t developed one good big ten starting true linebacker since Jaylan Alexander. Cory trice was his only good corner. Ever. He didn’t develop 3 big ten starting caliber OL in 6 years.

You can be missing everything from the previous paragraph.. a program that didn’t develop or recruit shit since 2019? Dead last classes in 2021 and 2023. Cool!

You can pay your way out of that with enough money.

You can’t do both. You can’t have little veteran home grown presence and go shopping at the thrift store. Walters can be the worst coach who ever lived and you won’t be able to do that with the next guy.. who by the way is going to have Klare, Omonode, Mockobee and ZERO other homegrown true seniors/redshirt juniors who have shown they can play big ten football.

So if Joe tiller had left after his 6th year, Purdue had big ten level starters at every position. Bernard pollard came off the bench to start the year. In that scenario you can pay a little retention money and win football games

So if Joe tiller had left after his 6th year, Purdue had big ten level starters at every position. Bernard pollard came off the bench to start the year. In that scenario you can pay a little retention money and win football games
There are plenty of teams that look competent that aren’t spending. It takes good coaching.
In one thread you’ve fully reversed position that you don’t care if Walters goes to he’s the best we’d get with the same $ and same NIL commitment.

I don’t get how you can watch us be so I fundamentally sound for the past 5 weeks and logically come up to that conclusion.

If he’s replaced, the next coach should win 4-6 pretty easily. Show us your team plays smart, fundamental football and people will invest. I’m surprised Walters got any money for 2024 after watching the awful job with the talent he did have. Give him $50mil. The scheme still is broken and the players still aren’t taught fundamentals.

There are plenty of teams that look competent that aren’t spending. It takes good coaching.
In one thread you’ve fully reversed position that you don’t care if Walters goes to he’s the best we’d get with the same $ and same NIL commitment.

I don’t get how you can watch us be so I fundamentally sound for the past 5 weeks and logically come up to that conclusion.

If he’s replaced, the next coach should win 4-6 pretty easily. Show us your team plays smart, fundamental football and people will invest. I’m surprised Walters got any money for 2024 after watching the awful job with the talent he did have. Give him $50mil. The scheme still is broken and the players still aren’t taught fundamentals.
Okay, what teams? What teams where the coach left a decimated roster?

You can have a tough veteran roster and win without spending

You can Spend and flip a decimated roster.

You can’t have a decimated roster, not spend and get short term results

You can sit here like the bitch that you are and cry all day about Walters. Walters very likely won’t be here next year. And that formula still won’t work for the next guy

Where do you see this?
I was being sarcastic. When Brian asked Tom “oh yeah, like what transfers is good” Tom sheepishly replied “just Reggie love.”

Because these guys don’t cost man…

Jenkins cost 400k to retain. Do you see anyone where you are like “yeah, I bet schools wanted that guy as much as they wanted Jenkins.”

I was being sarcastic. When Brian asked Tom “oh yeah, like what transfers is good” Tom sheepishly replied “just Reggie love.”

Jenkins cost 400k to retain. Do you see anyone where you are like “yeah, I bet schools wanted that guy as much as they wanted Jenkins.”
Just because a guy isn’t expensive doesn’t mean he can’t play on this level.

We will never get or afford the guys who will. So why should we continue to fund that pipe dream at the expense of better football.

Your point was a a fallacy. We don’t have to spend to play better football. Spending on this coach is a fools errand. You don’t get that

Hindsight is great…. Two questions. How do you know what players cost what? Why can't Purdue win 6 next year with the right coach?

Just because a guy isn’t expensive doesn’t mean he can’t play on this level.

We will never get or afford the guys who will. So why should we continue to fund that pipe dream at the expense of better football.

Your point was a a fallacy. We don’t have to spend to play better football. Spending on this coach is a fools errand. You don’t get that
So you want them to find guys who haven’t proven they can play on this level and are ready to bust out in a two week one visit recruiting process.. and then recruit them based on being a nice guy. Okay.

I’m happy with a team that’s 4-8. Cause I ain’t paying lol. I’m not the one who is crying and looking for Coach Magic to miracle me results Purdue doesn’t pay for.

YOU are in the pitchfork crowd.. I’m bursting your bubble as to why that crowd is delusional.

1. Hate to burst you're bubble but 4-8 isn't happening. We could be sitting here with the exact same record of 1-5 and I could be fine with it if we didn't look like one of the worst team in all of FBS over the first half of the season.

2. You are crying. Constantly. It's not about the coaching because you've been a staunch supporter of Walters in the past and doing so would force you to admit that most people here know more than you do. So instead you cry about the money and pretend those that notice how poorly the program has been handled under this staff have greater expectations than they actually have.

Producing consistent MAC level performances at Purdue is far from delusional. It is a minimum expectation that we have failed miserably to meet this season.

Pretending that the only way we can stay within 50 points of Notre Dame is spending millions of dollars of NIL that we don't have is very delusional because we've seen two G5 programs do just that. Forget winning like NIU. Even Miami (OH) competed with Notre Dame into the second half and only lost 28-3.

You are delusional. You refuse to acknowledge that we can perform at a far higher level with the same resources we currently operate with while dozens of other programs are doing just that.

1. Hate to burst you're bubble but 4-8 isn't happening. We could be sitting here with the exact same record of 1-5 and I could be fine with it if we didn't look like one of the worst team in all of FBS over the first half of the season.

2. You are crying. Constantly. It's not about the coaching because you've been a staunch supporter of Walters in the past and doing so would force you to admit that most people here know more than you do. So instead you cry about the money and pretend those that notice how poorly the program has been handled under this staff have greater expectations than they actually have.

Producing consistent MAC level performances at Purdue is far from delusional. It is a minimum expectation that we have failed miserably to meet this season.

Pretending that the only way we can stay within 50 points of Notre Dame is spending millions of dollars of NIL that we don't have is very delusional because we've seen two G5 programs do just that. Forget winning like NIU. Even Miami (OH) competed with Notre Dame into the second half and only lost 28-3.

You are delusional. You refuse to acknowledge that we can perform at a far higher level with the same resources we currently operate with while dozens of other programs are doing just that.
It’s about the coaching. Walters has failed miserably and should be fired. You don’t ****ing read man.

However, two things can be true. Walters can be shitty and he could have also been dealt a hand that a lot of good coaches would have struggled to excel with.

Joe tiller wasn’t going 8-4 this year. Neither was Jeff brohm.

Walters should have gone no worse than 4-8. He isn’t going to. So he should be FIRED.

But the state of commitment and the state of the roster still isn’t good. Walk and chew gum dude

It’s about the coaching. Walters has failed miserably and should be fired. You don’t ****ing read man.

However, two things can be true. Walters can be shitty and he could have also been dealt a hand that a lot of good coaches would have struggled to excel with.

Walters should have gone no worse than 4-8. He isn’t going to. So he should be FIRED.

But the state of commitment and the state of the roster still isn’t good. Walk and chew gum dude
Is the state of the roster bad because of coaching? Two weeks ago, you'd have said the offense had no talent, then we see that when guys are put in positions to succeed, the offense is actually pretty good. Also, are you purposefully ignoring my two questions?

Is the state of the roster bad because of coaching? Two weeks ago, you'd have said the offense had no talent, then we see that when guys are put in positions to succeed, the offense is actually pretty good. Also, are you purposefully ignoring my two questions?
The state of the roster is bad. Two things. Poor recruiting and development pre Walters and no money. That made it a 4-8 roster with a lot of coaches.

Walters has then managed to be worse than 4-8 by being extra bad. But him being bad doesn’t mean that Chris creighton was winning 6 games

Funny because you focus on the money constantly and not so much the coaching. Also ironic because you don't contribute financially from what you have said so there is especially not much for you to say about it.

Very few fans, and especially us that post on public message boards, have the money to move the needle on NIL. It's pointless to complain about it, let alone as frequently as you do. If we're doing the best we can and we're limited by NIL then so be it. We are FAR from that point. It's like complaining that we don't fill an 80k seat stadium every week and that hurts our recruiting. Could be true but completely pointless because the solution is not within arms reach.

That's why people focus on the coaching and not money. They focus on the problem that has a solution. You choose to focus on a problem that has no solution because you failed to recognize the problem that most saw well before you did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT