ADVERTISEMENT

Commit 10 tomorrow??

When you're one of the worst, all you can do is go up..Looking forward to the ride up..

Brohm/Purdue ranked #16 currently in 2022 CFB Rivals Rankings, pulled in the #111 ranked player in the country, QB Brady Allen from down in Hoosier country. Rankings are really influenced by the number of recruits, 2021 is a light recruiting year for the gold and black, but will likely add a 4 star or two. With 3 and 4 star recruits at PU, pretty confidant that Hoosiers will continue to be the losers on the scoreboard more often than not, head to head. Brohm nearly beat them again last year even with so many key injuries.

on the other hand, what happens if IU wins? what excuses will you use? that Moore turned pro early? more injuries? the cupboard was bare? for what it's worth, I have to believe the talent level Brohm inherited was better than what Allen inherited. Will you call Bo the second coming of morgan for extending brohm's contract?

Great teams build up enough talented depth they can continue to win despite injuries to key players and other talented playrs leaving school early. I don't believe I ever heard OSU or Alabama beitch about injuries or players leaving early. They just look at their depth chart and the next person steps in. So of like when cronk was injured last year, but unlike when Neil was injured. It's hard to admit IU had better depth than Purdue did. The same was true at Minn when their QB stepped in. Quality Depth has never been a phrase used to describe Purdue football.

I don't want Purdue to lose to IU. but if they did, I would look forward to seeing the comical posts on this board by a certain few posters.

everybody keeps saying this will be a light recruiting year for Purdue. I ask why? People have said that the last 2 years would be light recruiting years, yet Brohm still found a way to add 25 players. I have to believe Brohm will find a way to add another 25 players this year as well. The only thing that i see that is light about this year's class is the number of current players who have committed. It's awesome to see a 4 star QB committed for this year and next. It would be even awesomer to see a 4 star commit at a different position than QB and WR

on the other hand, what happens if IU wins? what excuses will you use? that Moore turned pro early? more injuries? the cupboard was bare? for what it's worth, I have to believe the talent level Brohm inherited was better than what Allen inherited. Will you call Bo the second coming of morgan for extending brohm's contract?
Lol, single dumbest thing ive seen written on this board. Kudos.

Great teams build up enough talented depth they can continue to win despite injuries to key players and other talented playrs leaving school early. I don't believe I ever heard OSU or Alabama beitch about injuries or players leaving early. They just look at their depth chart and the next person steps in. So of like when cronk was injured last year, but unlike when Neil was injured. It's hard to admit IU had better depth than Purdue did. The same was true at Minn when their QB stepped in. Quality Depth has never been a phrase used to describe Purdue football.

I don't want Purdue to lose to IU. but if they did, I would look forward to seeing the comical posts on this board by a certain few posters.

What is it with you and "excuses".

People discuss things... analyze things... and you Strawman things.

No. You're not believable. You want Purdue to lose to IU, solely so you can crow.

everybody keeps saying this will be a light recruiting year for Purdue. I ask why? People have said that the last 2 years would be light recruiting years, yet Brohm still found a way to add 25 players. I have to believe Brohm will find a way to add another 25 players this year as well. The only thing that i see that is light about this year's class is the number of current players who have committed. It's awesome to see a 4 star QB committed for this year and next. It would be even awesomer to see a 4 star commit at a different position than QB and WR

More Strawman.

EDIT: not that you're concerned about facts, but this past class included a 4-star OL and a 4-star DL. The prior class included a 4-star DB, a 4-star DE, and a 4-star DT. He has "literally" delivered what you're whining, b*tching and moaning about. What the h*ll. (24/7 also had our RB as 4 stars.) Oh, and we're 'in on' a 4-star LB.

Last edited:
He's a great developer and IU fans are starting to see it. To come over here and praise our coach.... thanks

7-6, 6-7, 4-8 but the problem is what he inherited? Including inheriting future NFL players at QB, TE, DL, LB, and DB. Hmm..

You think Hazell left him with a full cupboard? Recruiting classes ranked 61, 70, 67, and 80 say differently. Having a handful of NFL guys doesn’t change that fact.

Reactions: Purdue85
So good that he needs 6 years minimum to put together a B1G quality OL, I’ve been told.
When you start with 2 big ten level linemen walking in the door, yeah. It takes time to recruit and develop.

try again?

You think Hazell left him with a full cupboard? Recruiting classes ranked 61, 70, 67, and 80 say differently. Having a handful of NFL guys doesn’t change that fact.
I said his cupboard was a lot fuller than the one left to IU. Who has done more with less?

When you start with 2 big ten level linemen walking in the door, yeah. It takes time to recruit and develop.

try again?
NAT, hwo many times are you going to copy and paste that same phrase, it takes time to develop. You've been using it for the past decade. You need to create a new buzz phrase.

More Strawman.

EDIT: not that you're concerned about facts, but this past class included a 4-star OL and a 4-star DL. The prior class included a 4-star DB, a 4-star DE, and a 4-star DT. He has "literally" delivered what you're whining, b*tching and moaning about. What the h*ll. (24/7 also had our RB as 4 stars.) Oh, and we're 'in on' a 4-star LB.

FACTS ::: 7-6; 6-7, 4-8 Those are not only facts, they represent results. at the end of the day, recruiting class rankings are meaningless if that's the type of results they produce on the field. and this year wasn't going to be any better, was it?

I'm kind of tired with people saying how awesome our recruits are. tell me again what our record is. and when was our best year? Oh yes, that was the year when you all said the cupboard was bare. the more hazell players that left, the worse our record became. and look at this year's predictions. we don't even have any injuries yet, and people were predicting a .500 season at best with all that awesome talent brohm has brought in. Sorry, but I'm no longer on the brohm band wagon. what's your excuse this year going to be? that Moore left early and we had nobody to replace him? Give me a kit kat bar.

I said his cupboard was a lot fuller than the one left to IU. Who has done more with less?

the one coming off less than 10 wins in four seasons was better than the 4-8, 6-7, 6-6 IU had? Interesting take.

NAT, hwo many times are you going to copy and paste that same phrase, it takes time to develop. You've been using it for the past decade. You need to create a new buzz phrase.

A decade is 10 years. Brohm is now entering year 4... another interesting take

Reactions: Purdue85
How was his cupboard a lot fuller than what Allen inherited?

compare the two teams' players before each coach arrived. When brohm arrived, he clearly had the better players. and what did he do with them? and now who is producing the better results?

I get tired of the bad mouthing of hazell and leaving the cupboard bare. h left brohm a lot better players than Allen inherited. when ou talk about how bad Purdue was, IU was even worse when Allen arrived.

FACTS ::: 7-6; 6-7, 4-8 Those are not only facts, they represent results. at the end of the day, recruiting class rankings are meaningless if that's the type of results they produce on the field. and this year wasn't going to be any better, was it?

I'm kind of tired with people saying how awesome our recruits are. tell me again what our record is. and when was our best year? Oh yes, that was the year when you all said the cupboard was bare. the more hazell players that left, the worse our record became. and look at this year's predictions. we don't even have any injuries yet, and people were predicting a .500 season at best with all that awesome talent brohm has brought in. Sorry, but I'm no longer on the brohm band wagon. what's your excuse this year going to be? that Moore left early and we had nobody to replace him? Give me a kit kat bar.

doesn’t change the fact that Brohm for win first to generate buzz which meant less numbers of developmental players and more juco/grad transfers. It helped plugged serious holes, however unfortunately created some holes in year three.

Reactions: boiler1987
the one coming off less than 10 wins in four seasons was better than the 4-8, 6-7, 6-6 IU had? Interesting take.
I didn't say their record was. I said the players were. Lok at the actual players and try to tell me IU had better players when Allen arrived than the players Brohm had.

rater than going off tangent, try to focus on the subject.

Why do you keep ignoring that the big reason we won in Brohm’s first year was because of the significant number of grad transfers and JUCO’s brought in? Are you simply forgetting that simple fact?

What is it with you and "excuses".

People discuss things... analyze things... and you Strawman things.

No. You're not believable. You want Purdue to lose to IU, solely so you can crow.
I'm not the one making excuses. You are. and always have been. if we lose, you always come up with an excuse for losing and somebody to blame.

compare the two teams' players before each coach arrived. When brohm arrived, he clearly had the better players. and what did he do with them? and now who is producing the better results?

I get tired of the bad mouthing of hazell and leaving the cupboard bare. h left brohm a lot better players than Allen inherited. when ou talk about how bad Purdue was, IU was even worse when Allen arrived.

No way this is serious. Allen inherited a significantly better roster than Brohm and it’s not even close. How did Brohm “clearly have the better players?”

I didn't say their record was. I said the players were. Lok at the actual players and try to tell me IU had better players when Allen arrived than the players Brohm had.

rater than going off tangent, try to focus on the subject.

Allen 100% had better overall depth/talent than Brohm did when each coach got to their respective programs. Are you misremembering us winning 9 games in 4 years? A HUGE part of that was a severe lack of talent.

This is either troll bait or you are too dumb to save. Your subjective opinion is Purdue had a better roster. The objective fact is is recruited better the 4 years prior to Allen than the 4 years prior to brohm.

give up and log off.

Just because you are tired of it doesn’t make it less true. Not my fault it’s too difficult for you to comprehend

LB Chris Covington
LB Tegray Scales
CB Rashad Fant
DL Robert McCray
TE Ian Thomas
WR Simmie Cobbs
OL Wes Martin
OL Simon Stepniak
OL Brandon Knight
OL Coy Cronk (grad transfer to Iowa state)

that’s at a quick glance of players I believe have or will play in the league that were on the roster when Allen took over.

Why do you keep ignoring that the big reason we won in Brohm’s first year was because of the significant number of grad transfers and JUCO’s brought in? Are you simply forgetting that simple fact?

no. that's true. I'm trying to narrow this to get certain people to actually compare apples to apples.

I'm tired of all the posts that said hazell left brohm a totally bare cupboard. Hazell was a terrible coach, but there were some talented players on the team that brohm inherited.

rtaher than comparing records, I want you to look at the players of the two teams each coach inherited. and then discuss which coach had the worse players their first year at their respective school.

My contention and belief is that when each coach arrived at their respective school, the talent level at purdue was greater than the talent level at IU. and while brohm may have increased that talent level, I believe he started with a higher level of talent.

if you want I can provide you the links to their rosters.

no. that's true. I'm trying to narrow this to get certain people to actually compare apples to apples.

I'm tired of all the posts that said hazell left brohm a totally bare cupboard. Hazell was a terrible coach, but there were some talented players on the team that brohm inherited.

rtaher than comparing records, I want you to look at the players of the two teams each coach inherited. and then discuss which coach had the worse players their first year at their respective school.

My contention and belief is that when each coach arrived at their respective school, the talent level at purdue was greater than the talent level at IU. and while brohm may have increased that talent level, I believe he started with a higher level of talent.

if you want I can provide you the links to their rosters.
Back up your belief with analysis. How many good players did hazell leave. Name them

same for Wilson.

back your bait up with analysis. Bet you won’t though

How about the majority of people on here are tired of your same old arguments. “If Brohm can recruit 4 star receivers then why not 4 star lineman “. Or the better one is inferring that if Brohm doesn’t exceed the win totals in year 4 he may not be that good. How about you stick to something you claim to know about (track) , because you clearly don’t understand football or any other college team sport for that matter. And for an alleged Purdue Grad you are one of the most negative posters on here. You seem to have 2 channels. 1. Brohm is overrated and 2. the only smart people dealing with The Covid issue are the ones that are willing to shut everything down.

you continue to define yourself as an idiot.
Who has said "how awesome our recruits are"??
Has there been optimism expressed? Yes.
You want to p*ss in their Cheerios. That's you. That's what you do. If we improve recruiting, you want to sh*t on it. That's you. That's your m.o.
You were never on the "Brohm wagon". You were always looking to trash whatever it was he was accomplishing. That's you. That's what you do. Congrats. You. Congrats. You want to continue to push this "excuse" bullsh*t narrative. That's you. You.

Strawman.

Reactions: JRowdy20
How about the majority of people on here are tired of your same old arguments. “If Brohm can recruit 4 star receivers then why not 4 star lineman “. Or the better one is inferring that if Brohm doesn’t exceed the win totals in year 4 he may not be that good. How about you stick to something you claim to know about (track) , because you clearly don’t understand football or any other college team sport for that matter. And for an alleged Purdue Grad you are one of the most negative posters on here. You seem to have 2 channels. 1. Brohm is overrated and 2. the only smart people dealing with The Covid issue are the ones that are willing to shut everything down.
Maybe it’s darrell’s burner id

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT