ADVERTISEMENT

Commit 10 tomorrow??

Looks promising

2 CBs on the TOS by Trieu and Wiltfong for Purdue

Yeah it looked like a done deal from the start on this one. Glad to see a guy that is so excited to come to Purdue.

The only downside is this seems to confirm Blake Fisher is 100% ND, since I think this is a 3 OL class for Purdue.

There’s also another announcement Aug 17, so could be two in a week’s time. Glad to get something positive after a rough start to August. (Yanni delay, unfair schedule, Rondale, Beach, fall football delay rumors, etc).

Hairston has had 4 crystal ball picks to UK over the last day, and his is 100% to UK right now, so it is not looking good as him being our next commitment.
SEC will stick it to Big Ten and any head to heads will likely use negative recruiting tactics. Go where you can play football. Big Ten doesn't want to play football.

SEC will stick it to Big Ten and any head to heads will likely use negative recruiting tactics. Go where you can play football. Big Ten doesn't want to play football.

The SEC will get enough pressure that they'll be following pretty soon. I don't see a school like Vanderbilt playing football this fall.

Indiana, beat out three SEC schools for a 4 star wide receiver in George's backyard. Aug15th, so not playing didn't hurt.

Indiana, beat out three SEC schools for a 4 star wide receiver in George's backyard. Aug15th, so not playing didn't hurt.

You think he had active offers from those SEC schools? Seems like it was down to GT and IU. A good get no doubt but to say you “beat out three SEC schools” isn’t accurate.

You think he had active offers from those SEC schools? Seems like it was down to GT and IU. A good get no doubt but to say you “beat out three SEC schools” isn’t accurate.
Yes, it was down to those school, plus KY (SEC). A top 200 player in SEC country, A football school like IU. Also check his offer list, very impressive.

He wasn't a take for Georgia or Bama.

His coach said he was honed in on Georgia Tech, Pitt, Kentucky and to a lesser extent, Mississippi State.

Still, he's a big time get and someone that we don't normally pull in. The kids really seem to like Allen as a coach as he's pulled in 6 of the top 11 kids on the 247 composite since he's been here. Guy can definitely recruit (in Indiana terms).

Yes, it was down to those school, plus KY (SEC). A top 200 player in SEC country, A football school like IU. Also check his offer list, very impressive.

That’s something about offer lists that you have to take with a grain of salt. He got a lot of those offers a few years ago and they weren’t active anymore. Still a good get but I wouldn’t be surprised if he falls in the next rankings tbh.

That’s something about offer lists that you have to take with a grain of salt. He got a lot of those offers a few years ago and they weren’t active anymore. Still a good get but I wouldn’t be surprised if he falls in the next rankings tbh.
If he falls, still be a top 250. No way he falls below that.

Have to love the Rabjohns spin here. Guessing none of those offers were committable right now.

Hey I get it, IU has no bowl win in many many years, didn't beat a team with a winning record last season, Coach Allen is a H.S. coach, but with all that. he is out recruiting the 6 million dollar man this year. Once we start winning on a consistent basis, look out for our recruiting.

He could have gone to any of those schools, so no spin.

Minus the fact he couldn’t have gone to any of those schools lol. You think if he had called Saban and told him he wanted to commit, it would’ve been accepted? Or if he had called up Kirby Smart? Brian Kelly?

Hey I get it, IU has no bowl win in many many years, didn't beat a team with a winning record last season, Coach Allen is a H.S. coach, but with all that. he is out recruiting the 6 million dollar man this year. Once we start winning on a consistent basis, look out for our recruiting.

Is the recruiting class finished? Even if he ends up with a better class, it’d be the first time he out-recruited Brohm. If there’s one thing about Brohm I’m not worried about it’s recruiting. He landed 2 top 35 classes after the worst 4 year stretch we’ve ever had while only winning 13 combined games in 2 years. Think about what he could do if those win totals keep increasing.

Last edited:
Is the recruiting class finished? Even if he ends up with a better class, it’d be the first time he out-recruited Brohm. If there’s one thing about Brohm I’m not worried about it’s recruiting. He landed 2 top 35 classes after the worst 4 year stretch we’ve ever had while only winning 13 combined games in 2 years. Think about what he could do if those win totals keep increasing.
First time or not, Purdue paying him 6 Million. Coach Allen should never out recruit him, especially in the state of Indiana.

First time or not, Purdue paying him 6 Million. Coach Allen should never out recruit him, especially in the state of Indiana.

So a coach that makes more money should never be out-recruited by a coach who makes less money? Lol. You do realize why he’s making that kind of money right? It’s called supply and demand. When you have a sought-after coach, you have to pay him big money to keep him. Perhaps one day you’ll know what that feels like with Allen.

As far as in-state recruiting, ‘21 class has been a disappointment but he’s off to a hell of a start in ‘22 with a top 100 guy already on board.

phew, Brohm drops to 4.9M in 2021. Do the expectations change then?

Minus the fact he couldn’t have gone to any of those schools lol. You think if he had called Saban and told him he wanted to commit, it would’ve been accepted? Or if he had called up Kirby Smart? Brian Kelly?
Yes! If he had called them.
That 4.9 is still way more than our H.S. coach. Why should the expectations change? His pay is what ? top 4 in Big Ten.

I always got a kick out of people calling him the $6 million man when it was only for 2 seasons because of a bonus paid out over those years haha.

Yes! If he had called them.

That 4.9 is still way more than our H.S. coach. Why should the expectations change? His pay is what ? top 4 in Big Ten.

I hate to break it to you, but those schools wouldn’t have taken his commitment. Why is that so hard to understand? You think because a school offers a kid that offer is always 100% committable for the duration of the recruitment? There’s a reason the final schools he was looking into were IU, Pitt, GT, and Kentucky instead of Georgia, Alabama, ND, etc... those schools weren’t willing to take him.

You guys offered him on July 31st. You think a kid that had his pick of SEC schools would commit to IU only 2 weeks later if he had those types of offers?

Last edited:
Reactions: boiler800
I hate to break it to you, but those schools wouldn’t have taken his commitment. Why is that so hard to understand? You think because a school offers a kid that offer is always 100% committable for the duration of the recruitment? There’s a reason the final schools he was looking into were IU, Pitt, GT, and Kentucky instead of Georgia, Alabama, ND, etc... those schools weren’t willing to take him.
I more in line to go with his offer list, then your assumption of what happen.Anyway, should and will be higher rated then any Purdue recruit this year.

I more in line to go with his offer list, then your assumption of what happen.Anyway, should and will be higher rated then any Purdue recruit this year.

Assuming his rating doesn’t go down quite a bit which is certainly possible. Yanni K could end up higher assuming we land him.

Just check the top 10 highest paid coaches and he's at number 8. OMG!!!

Once again, it’s simple supply and demand. Even after 8 wins, there was no other team that had legit interest in trying to poach Allen. If/when that happens, we’ll see if you guys will pony up to keep him.

Once again, it’s simple supply and demand. Even after 8 wins, there was no other team that had legit interest in trying to poach Allen. If/when that happens, we’ll see if you guys will pony up to keep him.
No! but they did poach our OC (Fresno St.) D-line coach (Texas A&M) strength and conditioning coach(Alabama) and special teams coach. It's obvious other teams were paying attention

You guys offered him on July 31st. You think a kid that had his pick of SEC schools would commit to IU only 2 weeks later if he had those types of offers?
Agree. This kid had “Offers” from
Those schools that were place holders for them. Uncomittable. No way he could have went to them. He settled on Indiana. He had very limited choices.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT