ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Painter on who will make the biggest leap this year...

Based on all the guesswork here not sure people listened to the actual podcast. Paint notes Heide played all last year at the 3 and TKR has flexibility to play 5 and allow Heide to play the 4. But also said Furst can play the 4 depending on the matchup. Or TKR slides to 4 and Berg, Daniel, or even caleb would play the 5. He did keep saying Heide and Colvin will see a big jump due to higher minutes so I would expect it’s TKR-Heide-Colvin-Fletch- Bearden will start with the lineup going big at the first substitution dependent on matchups.
We need both Heide & Colvin on the floor for there athleticism. I could see them both playing together at times, with Loyer seeing less time against more athletic lineups.

We need both Heide & Colvin on the floor for there athleticism. I could see them both playing together at times, with Loyer seeing less time against more athletic lineups.
They could play together at times but I'd be surprised if it's Fletch coming off the floor. Braden, Fletch, Myles, Cam and Trey is a pretty athletic lineup.

I'm not sure if Harris is more athletic than Fletch but if you wanted a more physical lineup you could substitute Gicarri for Fletch.

Last edited:
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
They could play together at times but I'd be surprised if it's Fletch coming off the floor. Braden, Fletch, Myles, Cam and Trey is a pretty athletic lineup.

I'm not sure if Harris is more athletic than Fletch but if you wanted a more physical lineup you could substitute Gicarri for Fletch.
Well, Harris just threw down a between the legs dunk…and I don’t think fletch can do that. I would venture to say, along with his genetic makeup from his pops, Harris is more athletic than fletch 😂

Fletch is about to go out and honey dip to show everyone.
Slam Dunk Basketball GIF by NBA

Purdue Boilermakers Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

Never said he wouldn’t. I’ve actually been one to say fletch isn’t going anywhere and will be a starter until he graduates. But Gicarri Harris is very much so more athletic than Fletch.
Fletch isn't "unathletic", and he knows the system, his dad works in the pro's so he's getting a lot of help and basketball education away from Purdue. Folks question him, but I like the way he plays. He's a team guy all the way. I'm guessing a lot of teams would take Smith and Fletch together in a heartbeat.

I don't know enough about Gicarri to comment, other than what I've read on here.

Fletch isn't "unathletic", and he knows the system, his dad works in the pro's so he's getting a lot of help and basketball education away from Purdue. Folks question him, but I like the way he plays. He's a team guy all the way. I'm guessing a lot of teams would take Smith and Fletch together in a heartbeat.

I don't know enough about Gicarri to comment, other than what I've read on here.
I have never questioned Loyer—I defend him. Gicarri’s dad was arguably the best player to ever come out of Purdue and played in the nba…for quite some time 😂 he’s got the genes and is def more athletic. But if I see a dude who can do a between the legs dunk at 6’4…I think you’re pretty damn athletic.

Fletcher is athletic…but nowhere near one of the most on the team.

Fletch will start until he graduates and Gicarri will give us good mins this year and may start next year —doubtful. And then start the following year.

Well, Harris just threw down a between the legs dunk…and I don’t think fletch can do that. I would venture to say, along with his genetic makeup from his pops, Harris is more athletic than fletch 😂
You may be completely right on the fancy dunks but from everything I’ve seen, the kid plays way below the rim. I may be wrong and you’ve seen things I haven’t but if he’s a high end athlete I’m not sure it’s translated on the court in most situations, at least not yet.

I love fletch but he can’t do that either 😂
IMO that's handles, there's nothing particularly athletic about that move and he finishes way under the rim, as he almost always does. Agree the Gicarri has better handles than Fletch. He’s a nice player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT