ADVERTISEMENT

Who signs with Purdue this fall?

The "mercenary team" has three of its top four scorers from last year returning, and four of five starters returning (because of injuries Cupps started 21 games).

IU went to the portal instead of freshmen for the most part, but of note two of those portal players that will likely be rotation pieces (Goode and Hatton) are Indiana natives.
Those indiana natives couldn’t make it in the Purdue bench. Goode didn’t even have a live offer. They also lost their best player and the PG their coach said was critical to them winning. There’s enough talent on that team where a good coach can make a run, but they’ve had more talented teams and crapped the bed with their coach.

Holy moly this turned into a train wreck pretty quick.

Anyways - I would love to see Sisley but feel like when kids go to Mt Verde, it never bodes well for us. I’ll say 70% chance

Haralson seems like a wild card - give him 25%.

Who ever we end up signing - Painter will do just fine with developing them.

Holy moly this turned into a train wreck pretty quick.

Anyways - I would love to see Sisley but feel like when kids go to Mt Verde, it never bodes well for us. I’ll say 70% chance

Haralson seems like a wild card - give him 25%.

Who ever we end up signing - Painter will do just fine with developing them.
Welcome back, Beef. Been missing your posts!

Antoine West and then 1 of Sisley, Williams Adams or Singleton. Says WA is best athlete of bunch. Sisley is best overall. But thinks we go one front court and one backcourt…and if we get none, we can hit the portal. Nice to have those options since we have such an experienced core back again (hopefully)
So do we not think that if williams-Adams or Singleton wants to come even if Sisley and West commit, that we would not take one of them? Don’t we have 3 roster spots open next year with Furst graduating? More if someone else leaves since the limit goes to 15. Or do they hold a spot for someone in the 2026 class?

Sisley I assume you mean? 😂

Hope it went well! Neubert said we were in a good spot with him (prior to the visit) and that he’s been on a ton of unofficials to Purdue already. We will see over the next month where he chooses.
Yah Sisley, I have no clue how that came out Dudley but I obviously didn’t read it before posting it lol

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
So do we not think that if williams-Adams or Singleton wants to come even if Sisley and West commit, that we would not take one of them? Don’t we have 3 roster spots open next year with Furst graduating? More if someone else leaves since the limit goes to 15. Or do they hold a spot for someone in the 2026 class?
Oh I’m not sure on that. I was just saying what Neubert had said on the Gold and Black podcast. IMO, it’d be great to have as many as those guys as possible. But it’s Brian opinion that we only take 2, but maybe they’re holding the spot for a possible transfer?

It's all NIL. Whether he is paid by a NIL initiative or he is paid to use his name, image, likeness by a corporation.

I don't get the point about going to another school. The topic I was addressing was whether or not Painter directly controls NIL disbursement for Purdue players. If a company wants to pay a player to promote their business, Painter, Purdue, and the NIL initiative, by law, have no right to regulate it.
I don't disagree. Any company can now pay any player for whatever they want without the schools involvement.

If a player is paid by say, the local car dealer and not through NIL, can they wear their school uniform in ads/media?

Also, my point about a local company paying a local player to promote the business: I would think it would be more impactful if that player were going to the state school as more fans would have a connection then between player, school and company. Just IMHO though. I guess a big supporter could also make their NIL (outside of the school) contingent upon that player choosing the donors school of choice?

If a player is paid by say, the local car dealer and not through NIL, can they wear their school uniform in ads/media?
If a player receiving money from the NIL Initiative is permitted to wear their uniform for sponsoring non-Purdue business, then it might be deemed inappropriate if a player receiving NIL money from another source is not allowed. Of course, a player wouldn't need Purdue's permission to wear Purdue attire he bought from the Purdue bookstore or Walmart.

Does anyone know if all of Edey's NIL money came from the Purdue Initiative? I don't know if that information is publicly disclosed.

Sisley visited this past weekend. Waiting on feedback on how it went. Initial report is he said it went well and he got time with both coaches and players. Loyer was the hosting player.
Sounds like it went well. Didn’t realize we were the first to offer a scholarship to him. Sounds like his parents get along well with painter and would be very comfortable with him going to Purdue. Like you said, fletch was his host and he said he liked the fact the team is so close. Said painter reiterated how much they would like to have him (been recruiting him for 3 years) and said he’d be used similar to Hummel and Vince.

Painter went down to Montverde to see him on first day coaches could officially see recruits…which it sounds like was this past week.

Well, maybe your sources/media are correct. I would look at Pope's offense and realize his offense is guard oriented and shoots the 3 at a very high clip. I know it was under Cal but they put guards in the NBA as the "norm". They had 2 cg/pgs in the top 10 last yr and 17 (1st or 2nd rounders) in the last 10 years.

Last edited:
Well, maybe your sources/media are correct. I would look at Pope's offense and realize his offense is guard oriented and shoots the 3 at a very high clip. I know it was under Cal but they put guards in the NBA as the "norm". They had 2 cg/pgs in the top 10 last yr and 17 (1st or 2nd rounders) in the last 10 years.
I’d go even farther than that: I think Calipari chances with Mullins would have been almost zero—he never sniffed out Arky.

But Pope? His offense should be a dream come true for Mullins. But as soon as UK spent their budget on Jasper Johnson, a five star combo guard who doesn’t share the ball, word out of Greenfield was that Mullins eliminated them.

It’s a two team race ; 60% IU/40% UConn

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I’d go even farther than that: I think Calipari chances with Mullins would have been almost zero—he never sniffed out Arky.

But Pope? His offense should be a dream come true for Mullins. But as soon as UK spent their budget on Jasper Johnson, a five star combo guard who doesn’t share the ball, word out of Greenfield was that Mullins eliminated them.

It’s a two team race ; 60% IU/40% UConn
Would be absolutely hilarious if Dusty May swoops in and takes Mullins. 😂 😂

How bad will it sting when you don’t get Mullins?
Depends. If IU gets Haralson and/or Brown it’s no big deal, especially if Rice and Carlyle come back.

If IU doesn’t get Mullins, Haralson, Brown, Reide, Sisley, or Tiller? That would kinda suck.But that’s the way it’s always gonna be if a team strikes out on all their top guys.

Depends. If IU gets Haralson and/or Brown it’s no big deal, especially if Rice and Carlyle come back.

If IU doesn’t get Mullins, Haralson, Brown, Reide, Sisley, or Tiller? That would kinda suck.But that’s the way it’s always gonna be if a team strikes out on all their top guys.
Spoiler alert…rice and Carlyle will
Be back and Haralson ain’t goin to IU. Sisley prob isn’t either.

Reactions: Fugs
The basketball recruits visiting this weekend I’m sure weren’t impressed with the football game. Hopefully the rest of the visit went much much better!

But you’re interacting with me and I didn’t say anything like that. Besides, top recruits are proven by how well they do in college, not star rated in high school.
Go Ahead Yes GIF

Reactions: Katscratch
Singleton I believe!
Not sure I understand the response? Yah Singleton and West are on campus this weekend. They saw an absolute embarrassment on the football field. I was just commenting that I hope the rest of the visit went better and left a better impression than the blowout game.

I like what I’ve seen of Singleton by the way. Not sure who I like better between him and Sisley?

Not sure I understand the response? Yah Singleton and West are on campus this weekend. They saw an absolute embarrassment on the football field. I was just commenting that I hope the rest of the visit went better and left a better impression than the blowout game.

I like what I’ve seen of Singleton by the way. Not sure who I like better between him and Sisley?
Oh west there too? Nice. I was just commenting singleton was there. I think we are in a good spot with all recruits and whomever we get will be great fits for the team.

Reactions: Heads up BOILER

I’m sure the visits went well. It would have been cool for them to have seen a better game but that’s probably the least important part of their visit.

I’m sure the visits went well. It would have been cool for them to have seen a better game but that’s probably the least important part of their visit.
I’d say as long as they saw the atmosphere and how campus was during a football game, that’s what would “impress” them. And with that said, campus most definitely was yesterday—prior to the game 😂, more than it had in quite some time.

But you’re interacting with me and I didn’t say anything like that. Besides, top recruits are proven by how well they do in college, not star rated in high school.
I actually agree on this but to your point. Don't you think Mullins would bring that to IU. Some of the past star power recruits have done nothing for IU's chemistry. This is where Painter separates himself from other coaches and where Woody lacks.

Buying teams can/will end up like the FSU"s of college.

I actually agree on this but to your point. Don't you think Mullins would bring that to IU. Some of the past star power recruits have done nothing for IU's chemistry. This is where Painter separates himself from other coaches and where Woody lacks.

Buying teams can/will end up like the FSU"s of college.
The coach still has to build a roster that makes sense. Talent is a good thing but pieces have to complement each other and be assembled.

Last year’s Purdue team had a uniquely dominant player. So they were built to complement Edey. And they did that well.

Last year’s IU team had talent, but none of it was at the guard positions. So they went 19-14.

The coach still has to build a roster that makes sense. Talent is a good thing but pieces have to complement each other and be assembled.

Last year’s Purdue team had a uniquely dominant player. So they were built to complement Edey. And they did that well.

Last year’s IU team had talent, but none of it was at the guard positions. So they went 19-14.
IU had a “uniquely” dominant player and (including him) had 3 “5 stars” in the front court (Reneau was at one time). So they still shouldn’t have been swept by Penn state, northwestern and not made the tourney.

Woody needs to modernize their offensive strategy and also on the defensive side of the ball, as well.

Reactions: BBG and 02BoilerUp
IU had a “uniquely” dominant player and (including him) had 3 “5 stars” in the front court (Reneau was at one time). So they still shouldn’t have been swept by Penn state, northwestern and not made the tourney.

Woody needs to modernize their offensive strategy and also on the defensive side of the ball, as well.
That’s fair. But that roster had some really bad guards; and Johnson, who was talented but inconsistent, was injured for over half the season. Terrible roster construction to go with a very good front court is on the coaches.

That’s fair. But that roster had some really bad guards; and Johnson, who was talented but inconsistent, was injured for over half the season. Terrible roster construction to go with a very good front court is on the coaches.
Yep. If they don’t make it past the first weekend this year with this team they have, staff should all be fired.

Johnson was extremely overrated. Athletic, but a head case (reminded me of Ronnie Johnson with a better outside shot). IU played better without him. Woodson was finally able to get TJD to play team ball, but never got through to X.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT