ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be our leading scorer this year?

Plot twist: 3 way tie between Smith, Heide and Colvin. With Zach gone, Painter revamps the offense and we run.. a lot.. and score at all 3 levels (that is just a rhetorical prediction on my part).

I'll even drink more hope-ium and say those three all average 15+. I know.. too early to be drinking. :)

Anyway .. this just seems like one of those years where the rest of the world thinks we drop off yet find a way to be ultra successful. While I don't expect it, I honestly wouldn't be shocked at all if somehow we made another FF. Sure maybe a 1% chance, but there is still a chance!

Plot twist: 3 way tie between Smith, Heide and Colvin. With Zach gone, Painter revamps the offense and we run.. a lot.. and score at all 3 levels (that is just a rhetorical prediction on my part).

I'll even drink more hope-ium and say those three all average 15+. I know.. too early to be drinking. :)

Anyway .. this just seems like one of those years where the rest of the world thinks we drop off yet find a way to be ultra successful. While I don't expect it, I honestly wouldn't be shocked at all if somehow we made another FF. Sure maybe a 1% chance, but there is still a chance!
This. And I think Loyer and TKR will be close. Reminds me of the 2017/2018 boilers where Carsen, Haas, and VE averaged 15 and up with Dakota right behind, except I do think we will play a faster pace.

This. And I think Loyer and TKR will be close. Reminds me of the 2017/2018 boilers where Carsen, Haas, and VE averaged 15 and up with Dakota right behind, except I do think we will play a faster pace.
And if we're right, we suddenly become incredibly hard to guard. What gives me chills and makes me giddy is really ALMOST top to bottom we have a plethora of people that could go off for 20+ on any given night.

I'm still managing my expectations for this year, but it could be a really fun one with not a lot of pressure on the team as a whole coming off of a FF. But maaan the following year if it all goes as planned.. look out.

And if we're right, we suddenly become incredibly hard to guard. What gives me chills and makes me giddy is really ALMOST top to bottom we have a plethora of people that could go off for 20+ on any given night.

I'm still managing my expectations for this year, but it could be a really fun one with not a lot of pressure on the team as a whole coming off of a FF. But maaan the following year if it all goes as planned.. look out.
And you know the irony of the 2018 team? The other starter who did not score double figures was PJ. Good to have him as our OC after he ran the offense with 4 other double digit scorers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT