ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Brohn

Who is a problem. I wanted Les Miles, because he had a pipeline of D5 recruits that he'd been in contact with and I believe that he'd have swayed some of those to follow him. I've said it before, PU football isn't a destination, though it's been good but not great. PU would have been his last stop...at his age, he's set for life I'd assume, and was looking for a major program to finish up at.

This pipeline of which you mention...

Les Miles recently received a commit from a 3-star Indiana HS QB, whose only other offer was Bowling Green (MAC). To be fair, I hear the kid is a great kid. Solid talent. But... KU (the Kansas version) with recruiting stud Les Miles as HC, and recruiting stud Les Miles has the pick of the litter all across the South (TX included), chooses to take a 3-star QB from IN with only one MAC offer and no other offers...?

I don't think your theory holds water.

Reactions: SDBoiler1

Les Miles recently received a commit from a 3-star Indiana HS QB, whose only other offer was Bowling Green (MAC). To be fair, I hear the kid is a great kid. Solid talent. But... KU (the Kansas version) with recruiting stud Les Miles as HC, and recruiting stud Les Miles has the pick of the litter all across the South (TX included), chooses to take a 3-star QB from IN with only one MAC offer and no other offers...?

Did you take a moment to think? Did you think that maybe that pipeline has dried up? You know it's been what

Ever think that in four years that pipeline, which would have been fresh his first year at PU, dried up? As stated, I'm not saying he was the savior of PU, but I will say that "I believe" that he'd have done a better job in early recruiting. and the foundation would have been stronger than it is today.

Brohm may turn out to be the next Urban, but he's got a better chance of not being Urban. I wish him no ill, and hope he does well with 10 win seasons. But I'd have still rather had Les. Or Mike Leach.

Did you take a moment to think? Did you think that maybe that pipeline has dried up? You know it's been what

Ever think that in four years that pipeline, which would have been fresh his first year at PU, dried up? As stated, I'm not saying he was the savior of PU, but I will say that "I believe" that he'd have done a better job in early recruiting. and the foundation would have been stronger than it is today.

Brohm may turn out to be the next Urban, but he's got a better chance of not being Urban. I wish him no ill, and hope he does well with 10 win seasons. But I'd have still rather had Les. Or Mike Leach.

It's a theory.

Not a very good one, but a theory, nonetheless.

In fact, it's really bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT