ADVERTISEMENT

CMP Man Crush with Morton Needs to Stop...

Why is Morton still on the team? Did he not listen and understand the “talk”?

Coach definitely overvalues his own guys....why he only brought in 1 transfer. Sad. Tragedy of the off season. Consequently, his tragic miss assessment of Loyer and Morton in return will cost him losses this year.

But Boilers will have a good H2. It will surprise me if they don't make this a game.

You guys need to relax. That was the case last year, Morton gets limited playing time now, and has been more efficient.

He was good on D tonight. Yet a guy or two still got by him. But I will give his D props tonight stopped more guys than not against some very good athletes.

But Efficient? Well 0 for the game is consistent anyway.....lol

Hope his D in his minutes is also very good on TN's star. He certainly will get a try. Hope he is up to the challenge. He could be player of the game even by not scoring if he stops him. But we will see??

Reactions: bonefish1
He was good on D tonight. Yet a guy or two still got by him. But I will give his D props tonight stopped more guys than not against some very good athletes.

Hope his D in his minutes is also very good on TN's star. He certainly will get a try. Hope he is up to the challenge. He could be player of the game even by not scoring if he stops him. But we will see??
Bro thats one game. Over the season he has been efficient in limited minutes.

He didn’t waste possessions with bad shots and he didn’t turn the ball over. From what I could see he wasn’t left open so he moved the ball on offense. There’s nothing wrong with that as Purdue was getting good shots.

I’m not sure the trade off in what Morton’s does in D is worth the lack of offensive production. I suspect that like last year, when he’s on the floor, teams will help off him and dare him to shoot. He’ll be the Nobel Eastern treatment until he proves he can hit sits consistently.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
I loved Mortons role last night. 10 to 12 minutes is how much he should be playing going forward. I dont care thay he didnt have a positive stat.

No turnovers and a winning amount of defense is fine with me.
Nope. The other team only having to guard 4 players instead of 5 is not the answer

Nope. The other team only having to guard 4 players instead of 5 is not the answer
Yeah its a valid point but until other teams start giving him the Nojel treatment and he shoots like Nojel then I agree reduce his minutes more. But until teams do that he needs to be playing 10 to 15 minutes per game.

hurting the team along w/ the stupid double teaming that results almost always in an open 3

Not sure the double teaming problem is on him or on the coaches. They should know who & what situations to double and who/where not to. Seems to me like the coaches over double team. For example, does Edey really need help against a slow big? I know steals can result, but open 3s seem to be the higher probability result. To me that is on coaches.

The man crush has stopped, look at his minutes. But, he was used smartly, a second defender on Nebhard when Jones was out. He mostly did a good job and even when he was partially beaten his size helped him stay in play. Gonzaga would have loved to see Nebhard go off on the substitute, he didn't. By the time Jones came back, it was like oh no, now this guy fresh?Nebhard was tired and done. Morton's zero line with no turnovers is ok in this case.

The man crush has stopped, look at his minutes. But, he was used smartly, a second defender on Nebhard when Jones was out. He mostly did a good job and even when he was partially beaten his size helped him stay in play. Gonzaga would have loved to see Nebhard go off on the substitute, he didn't. By the time Jones came back, it was like oh no, now this guy fresh?Nebhard was tired and done. Morton's zero line with no turnovers is ok in this case.

Hopefully he can help wear out Knecht.

Not sure the double teaming problem is on him or on the coaches. They should know who & what situations to double and who/where not to. Seems to me like the coaches over double team. For example, does Edey really need help against a slow big? I know steals can result, but open 3s seem to be the higher probability result. To me that is on coaches.
didn't mean double teaming on him, but the scheme, it leads to too many open 3's

Reactions: Boiler Buck
It's not? I missed the news that we lost that game.
It's hurting this team and Colvin's developments.
Everyone is seeing this except CMP.
"Everyone"? The anylysts were loving his play. To be fair, the box score hadn't been published and they were only focusing on what he was doing in the game.

didn't mean double teaming on him, but the scheme, it leads to too many open 3's
I meant the coaches scheme also. Sometimes we blame a player for open 3 when it's really on coaches scheme to DT......when it is not needed imo. That is on coaches.

Last edited:
I'm going to ask here again. Who have all of you decided to rag on next year when Morton is gone?
I’ve noticed that some folks on here work really hard at trying to identify the weakest player on the team. Generally they use the box score to justify their overly simplistic “find the weak link” analysis, then harp on it in every thread. I’m so tied of reading this tripe that I just get discouraged. I don’t know whether to just ignore the ignorance or rail against it. Usually when you argue with fools, you appear to be one too. Ugh!

:cool:

I'm going to ask here again. Who have all of you decided to rag on next year when Morton is gone?

It is a basketball discussion board. And I believe I have balanced my complaints with positives about his play. Heck I even talked about his role coaching the younger guys up which I think is valuable.

He doesn't get a ton of minutes this year, but if he can help stop or slow Kenecht or another guy that is more in line with his capabilities, and doesn't score a point I am good. That is on coaches to get him on the right dude

More concerned about Loyer getting roughly 25 minutes and not scoring and making TOs.... happened twice this year so far. For a 2....not good. That again is on the coaches to note when he is cold, & get a hot hand in there in his place. Looking for a bigger game from Loyer tonight imo...odds of two bad games in a row.....not high. Could happen I guess??

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
"Everyone"? The anylysts were loving his play. To be fair, the box score hadn't been published and they were only focusing on what he was doing in the game.
[/QUOTE]

Can't help someone who's blind and dumb like you.

Reactions: mathboy

[/QUOTE]
LOL. Not only a grade school response to a post you disagree with, but add an insult at the end. You have pretty well summed up your contribution To this discussion in one line. Wow!

[/QUOTE]
LOL.
Yeah, please don't help me. You think that everyone but Matt Painter knows something about one of his players. You won't be any help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT