ADVERTISEMENT

Cmon CP

The knock on Morton before he even got to campus was that he struggled athletically against the better competition he faced. We might be seeing some of that concern coming to fruition.
I got to call you on this. No where have I seen anyone say this. You realize that Morton was a top 50 player when we offered him, right? He had offers from 20+ major schools. Offers, not visits. Eight other BIG schools made offers. He played and was projected to be any of the 1, 2, or the 3 positions. He did not have problems staying with Harper. Harper was just on fire in that game.

I got to call you on this. No where have I seen anyone say this. You realize that Morton was a top 50 player when we offered him, right? He had offers from 20+ major schools. Offers, not visits. Eight other BIG schools made offers. He played and was projected to be any of the 1, 2, or the 3 positions. He did not have problems staying with Harper. Harper was just on fire in that game.

Totally agree. The thing I remember a few people were knocking was that he supposedly could not hit from 3 pt line.

That charge was led by that Indiana Trojan guy too, but you saw a couple of our own leech onto that crap.

Werent there some posters ...I think one in this very thread (wink) who proclaimed before the Elite 8 run, such maxims as:

"Purdue ain't making the dance this year and look around people...probably won't for next 3 years minimum "

"Painter needs to go. It's been X years and he's proven he can't get past the S16"

"Grady Eifert is not a Div 1 player. I'm sorry, he just isn't "

When Purdue lost to Notre Dame in the CC and I think it dropped their record to like 6-5, this place became toxic AF.

"If Grady Eifert is your starting 4, you're in a world of hurt. Name one other B10 team he'd start for"

My God, how many threads were started not only calling for Painter to be immediately replaced but that Purdue wouldn't even be sniffing the tournament for possibly 3+ years

🤣

Morton had a good game. Perhaps left in too long

Why don't a couple of you geniuses who keep dogging him here, or on social media, call into Painter's next radio show and ask why he recruited him.

Reactions: BoilerAndy and BBG
Lenny I have come to the conclusion just doesn't pay attention. He's a passionate Purdue fan sure, but won't even stand by his own convictions and call the Painter show to give CMP all the answers.

Him knocking Morton in your response is just more evidence to that fact.

What gets me is we are still going to be a top ten team likely on Monday and he is here bitching over and over again. He once posted that if you say something enough it will become true (or something like that)... Clearly that is the mantra he lives by

No one on Purdue played “well” on Harper JR. He scored 30 pts.
Not true. You can make them work their ass off to get it. he did do that for the most part. Harper went over him mostly.

Everyone remembers MJ's shot to win over Craig Ehlo to win championship. But if you watch the whole sequence Ehlo did everything a defender could possibly do, including stepping IN to the shot and going up with and reaching the same height as MJ. A normal human would have that shot rejected 95 out of 100 times. Hell Jordan wouldn't make 20% of them against that individual defensive play.
But he made it.
And that doesn't change the fact that it was a magnificent defensive effort.

you can watch the NBA every single game and see guys busting their A** defensively and their man STILL scoring 30. Doesn't mean you didn't play them 'well'.

Reactions: Inspector100
morton has given zero on offense all season and did nothing in this game. Harper still got his and Painter negated our most important asset which is depth. What if a fresh Gillis was guarding Harper at the end of the game?
isn't 20/20 hindsite wonderful!

Not true. You can make them work their ass off to get it. he did do that for the most part. Harper went over him mostly.

Everyone remembers MJ's shot to win over Craig Ehlo to win championship. But if you watch the whole sequence Ehlo did everything a defender could possibly do, including stepping IN to the shot and going up with and reaching the same height as MJ. A normal human would have that shot rejected 95 out of 100 times. Hell Jordan wouldn't make 20% of them against that individual defensive play.
But he made it.
And that doesn't change the fact that it was a magnificent defensive effort.

you can watch the NBA every single game and see guys busting their A** defensively and their man STILL scoring 30. Doesn't mean you didn't play them 'well'.
For God’s sake, you’re comparing Ron Harper JR to Michael Jordan, the greatest player ever? Harper did torch Purdue Thursday night. There is no excuse for giving up that many points to that guy. He averaged like 13ppg for the season coming into that game. Purdue did not play him well and I cannot believe you would even try to argue this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT