ADVERTISEMENT

Can we win the Big Ten West?

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
We are 2-0 and both wins are against teams in our division. Neither win was impressive, but wins are wins. Can we actually win the Big Ten West?

The game against Wisconsin next weekend may or may not get played. If we do play them, they will be playing without some of their starters. Minnesota is not the Minnesota from last year. The boatman is mortal as we knew he was. The division is down. We have a pretty favorable schedule.

If we get Rondale back and George is ok, do we go to the Big Ten finals as a representative of the BT West?

We are 2-0 and both wins are against teams in our division. Neither win was impressive, but wins are wins. Can we actually win the Big Ten West?

The game against Wisconsin next weekend may or may not get played. If we do play them, they will be playing without some of their starters. Minnesota is not the Minnesota from last year. The boatman is mortal as we knew he was. The division is down. We have a pretty favorable schedule.

If we get Rondale back and George is ok, do we go to the Big Ten finals as a representative of the BT West?

If we clean our act up we can do great things.. if

Look, you gotta think about last years defense and then see players hitting the field successfully for the first time, or hitting the field more, or playing back into themselves like:

Grant
Graham
Allen
Mitchell
Howard
Neal
Watts

And really like that fact. Our talent is working its way onto the field. The OL is night and day from last year. Just gotta clean some things up and Brohm has to go to the throat (or just hand play calling off to Brian)

And we COULD do big things. Unlike say 2014, success is right there for these guys to grab

Not the way the defense is playing....gave op 460 and 472 yds. the first 2 games. Good teams won't turn it over against us but will force us into turnovers. But, we can only improve hopefully not get any worse. Brohm called out the run defense on post game remarks. I believe we are giving up close to 200 yds a game rushing.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Not the way the defense is playing....gave op 460 and 472 yds. the first 2 games. Good teams won't turn it over against us but will force us into turnovers. But, we can only improve hopefully not get any worse. Brohm called out the run defense on post game remarks. I believe we are giving up close to 200 yds a game rushing.

Iowa - 195
Illinois - 177

Some huge holes today and missed assignments, but they made enough plays to help win the game. Definitely some teaching moments when they look at the film. Marvin Grant's play down near the goal line was huge, IMO.

There's really NO excuse for the defense to be this bad. They have talent. Few to no injuries. I get Karlaftis was out part of the game. But this D needs to get much better. What I don't understand is why we continue to play certain players that really weren't very good last year.

Iowa - 195
Illinois - 177

Some huge holes today and missed assignments, but they made enough plays to help win the game. Definitely some teaching moments when they look at the film. Marvin Grant's play down near the goal line was huge, IMO.
Marvin Grant needs to be starting at safety, period.

Reactions: phila
Just gotta clean some things up and Brohm has to go to the throat (or just hand play calling off to Brian)

Yeah...some of that stuff at the end of the game.

On a side note, is this is the first game where Brohm did not attempt any tricks or razzle-dazzles? Maybe they ran one when I was making a sandwich.

Yeah...some of that stuff at the end of the game.

On a side note, is this is the first game where Brohm did not attempt any tricks or razzle-dazzles? Maybe they ran one when I was making a sandwich.

I think it’s the first or one of the first.. and to clarify I meant Brian Brohm not Brian neubert

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT