ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm should start feeling some heat

The defense played a decent game,only giving up 17 points.I think Illinois only drove 50,then 21 yards for their offensive tds.Purdues offense was worse than terrible.

I know we have key injuries and all, but you would think that at least you could be competitive against Illinois at home. Definitely one of the worst loses in the Brohm era. I can stand losing if we have a good effort, but I didn't see a lot of that especially on offense. So many dropped passes - just terrible. Hope we can salvage the season with at least a few more wins. If we finish 2 and 10, everyone on the staff should be embarrassed and ashamed.

Reactions: ejs1111
The defense played a decent game,only giving up 17 points.I think Illinois only drove 50,then 21 yards for their offensive tds.Purdues offense was worse than terrible.
As I posted in another thread. The defense has come a long way since 2nd half of PSU game. The offense goes dormant time and time again, which kills us.

Embarrassed and ashamed, yes. Brohm - or Holt's jobs in jeopardy? NO! We all knew this would be a challenging year with the youth of the team. Then you lose your starting QB, best offensive weapon, best linebacker, best D lineman, starting center, starting WR, 2 RBs (now back) and the injury list goes on. . . . The recruiting has been good enough for long enough to stock-up the depth to overcome this.

Someone said we should stick with the young fella at QB - what about sticking with your coach that has brought a level of respect, and new level of excitement back to the Purdue football program?

Reactions: jindy
This season has been disappointing for sure. Ton of injuries, lack of running game and questionable coaching at times.
Expectations of a good season is why fans are upset.
Next season will be interesting when Purdue is healthier and more experienced.

Reactions: krf3632
Op is a troll. He's randyjenkins/reasonableguy. But anyways, i think firing holt would be a good start.

Jeez...I joined two weeks ago because I thought I could add to the discussion on this board and would enjoy the back and forth. I just don't get all the troll talk. Seems like everything I post is followed with some type of troll comment. Is this some type of initiation phase??

Reactions: RVAboiler
I know we have key injuries and all, but you would think that at least you could be competitive against Illinois at home. Definitely one of the worst loses in the Brohm era. I can stand losing if we have a good effort, but I didn't see a lot of that especially on offense. So many dropped passes - just terrible. Hope we can salvage the season with at least a few more wins. If we finish 2 and 10, everyone on the staff should be embarrassed and ashamed.
I noticed that Illinois completed 3 passes for 26 yards and we got beat bad at home. 26 yards!!!! This is a terrible loss to a very average at best team. Talk about a team loss this was it.

The discussion entering this year was whether you would accept 8 wins or let the season play out.

The season has been a major disappoint. To say otherwise is revisionist history.

This season has been disappointing for sure. Ton of injuries, lack of running game and questionable coaching at times.

I remain skeptical that Brohm is the coach who will take us to the promised land. Yes, we’ve been hit by more than any team’s share of injuries. But coaches as great as Brohm was supposed to be ought to be capable of coaching the guys we do have to show considerably more than they showed today. I’m certainly not calling for a coaching change. Thatwould be ludicrous. I’m hopeful that we’ll see some improvement before this season is over. I even have hope that we’ll find some way to keep the bucket here for another year (strong doubts about that after today). I’m simply saying that Brohm has yet to win me over. if we see many more games like we saw today, I have doubts that he ever will. I’m excited to go to the Nebraska game. I think if the coaches do their jobs well this week,(I saw no evidence that they did so last week)we can win that game. BOILER UP!

Reactions: Jurgo
I figured Purdue would lose today based on the weather forcing teams to run the ball which is Purdues weakness.

Last edited:
Brohm isn't going to start feeling any heat for a few years yet. His buyout would be too large and besides that, based off the person he appears to be, he is taking this all harder than we are.

I am just as frustrated as the next guy, but we are not even remotely deep enough to withstand the injuries we have had to deal with with so many very key people.

That is changing sure, but we all need to remember we are still sort of rebuilding and Brohm is bringing in the players to move us along. This year will turn out to be a building block for the future because the experience the frosh are getting is very valuable.

Still sucks we are most likely not going to a bowl, but if this is more an enigma than the norm, then we take it and move on.

If we are healthy and this still happens next season, then we should worry.

2- 10.....should result in every coach returning 2/3rds of their pay for the season and a serious set down between the AD and Head Coach.

Embarrassed and ashamed, yes. Brohm - or Holt's jobs in jeopardy? NO! We all knew this would be a challenging year with the youth of the team. Then you lose your starting QB, best offensive weapon, best linebacker, best D lineman, starting center, starting WR, 2 RBs (now back) and the injury list goes on. . . . The recruiting has been good enough for long enough to stock-up the depth to overcome this.

Someone said we should stick with the young fella at QB - what about sticking with your coach that has brought a level of respect, and new level of excitement back to the Purdue football program?
Excitement? If "wait til' next year" excites you....good for you.

I don't think Brohm should be feeling any heat at this point, (that's ridiculous) but we should be doing better than being non-competitive against Illinois at home; its not a good look. (injuries or not). I still think the program is headed in the right direction and that Brohm is the right man for the job, but obviously there is going to be some disappointment and it may take a little longer than we had planned on before we start having the success that we all hope for in the future.

This is ridiculous.

We have been snake bitten at KEY positions - Moore, Bailey, Sindelar, Fuller, Neal.

With those players (all of whom could be/have been All B1G selections) we would not be in the position we currently are in.

And the recruiting is continuing to be better than we've seen since the Tiller years.

We've been spoiled by Brohm's first two years. We are going to be much better next year (minus major injuries and an overhaul of the OL)

Though our recruiting has improved, maybe a little heat on our Recruiting Coordinator could be in order when it comes to scoring on those recruits that we just have to have.....

Last edited:
Heat after this season? Not with all of the injuries, no. With luck, people learned their lesson when they did that following Hope’s injury-filled season. However, I expect us to only get back to 6-or-7 wins next year and expect there to be grumbling, founded or otherwise...

Though our recruiting has improved maybe, a little heat on our Recruiting Coordinator could be in order when it comes to scoring on those recruits that we just have to have.....
Disagree. Closing in on 2 back to back top 30 classes... and Hodges doesn’t decide who we go after...

Injuries more than offset the OL deficiencies. Better get healthy and buckle up 2020. 6 or less wins won't cut it. Mid-Tier bowl or better.

Though our recruiting has improved maybe, a little heat on our Recruiting Coordinator could be in order when it comes to scoring on those recruits that we just have to have.....
Considering the gains we have made in recruiting the last 3 years, the status of our recruiting coordinator should be the least of our concerns. You can't go from the 60s to top 10 in that timeframe. To go from the 60s to the 20s in that time frame is extraordinary.

How do you know we will be healthier? All the injuries, with the exception of Neal, happened in season. Health of a team is never guaranteed. We just need the drop off to the replacement player to not be so deep due to inexperience.

Youve never tried to catch a wet ball thrown fairly hard have you? It’s showing.

Reactions: Bippus33
Recruiting Coordinators have ZERO to do with the pitch to get a kid to commit. ZERO. Wow, what are you thinking?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT