ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm leaves if....

I'd take Frank Wilson if he is available....if Brohm decides to leave at some point after the next 5-10 years
The guy is 12-12 in two seasons as HC at UTSA. He was a good recruiter at LSU and was assistant HC. Maybe LSU will look at him, but I doubt he’ll get the job. His ties to Miles will not help him there, I don’t think.

12-12. Not that impressive of a record?

The guy is 12-12 in two seasons as HC at UTSA. He was a good recruiter at LSU and was assistant HC. Maybe LSU will look at him, but I doubt he’ll get the job. His ties to Miles will not help him there, I don’t think.

K C Keeler is another great coach at smaller schools. He deserves a shot at a Power 5 school.

He kind of fell off the radar after he left Delaware. I told MB he should look at him when he was looking to replace Hope. We know how that went......
went to Sam Houston St. and turned a doormat around in a short time. Career record of 220 - 85, Robinson COY in 2016. Moorhead got a chance rom Fordham, it's a shame KC hasn't.

Last edited:
went to Sam Houston St. and turned a doormat around in a short time.
For some reason I get the feeling that Keeler doesn’t want the headaches that go with running a Power5 FB Program. He’s had opportunities in the past which he’s always turned down.

I know, but if Brohm were to leave, it wouldnt be a tear-down like it was with hazell. Bring in someone that can utilize the talent similarly.

Be interesting to see how OSU does with him at the helm...not that the early games should be a challenge

I can’t remember the poster but the guy who was wanting Purdue to chase Mike Houston from James Madison seems to be smart. Guy is tearing it up. Be interesting to see if he gets snapped up this off season

I’ve been reading more and more articles about the possibility of Louisville abandoning Petrino and going all in on Brohm as early as mid-year.

If this happens, are we 100% sure he leaves for Louisville? Is there a point of no return for Jeff, say at the end of year 3, where he won’t leave even if Louisville does offer due to recruiting? Does Louisville have the money to pay Petrino’s remaining contract, buyout Brohm, and still give him a salary?

The new G&B days also tweaked me out when they spent a third of the show talking about how much Louisville means to the Brohms.

With all that being said, I hope to god Louisville wins a national championship and Petrino becomes indispensable.....
Link to these articles? I heard he would push one of his brothers for the Louisville job....

Be interesting to see how OSU does with him at the helm...not that the early games should be a challenge

I can’t remember the poster but the guy who was wanting Purdue to chase Mike Houston from James Madison seems to be smart. Guy is tearing it up. Be interesting to see if he gets snapped up this off season

Don’t say that, it was mkpeters

As for day, some people who follow osu closely that I read compare him to
Tom herman

Reactions: Bullwhip Griffith

If you look a bit closer than the record, you'll see a historically struggle program being highly competitive in each game. Last year, their loses were by 2, 3, 7, 5, and 14...his record looks much different with 4 more wins at UTSA.

The same could be said for 2017 where the losses were by 9 (CSU), 4 (ASU), 14, 3, 28 (La Tech), and 13 (Texas A&M).

Take those one possession games and give him victories and his record is suddenly 18-6 in two seasons. He is doing good things.

If you look a bit closer than the record, you'll see a historically struggle program being highly competitive in each game. Last year, their loses were by 2, 3, 7, 5, and 14...his record looks much different with 4 more wins at UTSA.

The same could be said for 2017 where the losses were by 9 (CSU), 4 (ASU), 14, 3, 28 (La Tech), and 13 (Texas A&M).

Take those one possession games and give him victories and his record is suddenly 18-6 in two seasons. He is doing good things.
Danny Hope lost a bunch of heartbreakers too. He would have had a winning record at Purdue and probably wouldn’t have been canned so soon. Didn’t work out that way.

Time will tell if Wilson ends up being a truly winning HC at a Power5 school.....

Danny Hope lost a bunch of heartbreakers too. He would have had a winning record at Purdue and probably wouldn’t have been canned so soon. Didn’t work out that way.

Time will tell if Wilson ends up being a truly winning HC at a Power5 school.....
Well he won’t until he actually gets to a P5 school. But I agree with the others his trajectory would suggest his time will come.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT